Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flyin' In DC

Active O-line this week

28 posts in this topic

I saw where Gono was getting first team snaps. Maybe that changes if Sambraillos shoulder is better. 

How many are active this week? Is Gono going to start against that D-Line? Does the actives include McGary or is he inactive do you think? 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Week 1 practice starts Wednesday, DQ will have the injury report. I am curious to see if McGary will be Full participant. 

McGary is cleared for full participation. It’s just his cardio that’s lacking due to his time in recovery. 

FalconsZone7 and falcons007 like this

They normally go with 7 lineman on game day.

I suspect the starting 5 with Gono and Schweitzer since both offer flexibility (Schweitzer C&G and Gono T&G)

The loser of the LG battle will probably be inactive and the loser of the RT battle between McGary and Sambrailo if Gono is not in the mix as well.

I’m leaning towards McGary starting so Sambrailo is riding pine.

kiwifalcon and FalconsZone7 like this

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

to answer the question matthews, carpenter, mack, lindstrom, gono, mcgary, brown, wes will be active

They typically only dress 7 but you listed 8.

8 minutes ago, Cole World said:

They typically only dress 7 but you listed 8.

correct and I could be wrong, but I think we might dress more guys for a couple of weeks, we might not either

23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Week 1 practice starts Wednesday, DQ will have the injury report. I am curious to see if McGary will be Full participant. 

This is another fun question about what the "injury report" looks like. There are always so many games and semantics with who is really going to play

The list is going to be long this week 

falcons007 likes this

18 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

McGary is cleared for full participation. It’s just his cardio that’s lacking due to his time in recovery. 

Yeah. Cleared and participated are different. DQ would have to report it on Wednesday. Hope McGary is good to go. 

2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

This is another fun question about what the "injury report" looks like. There are always so many games and semantics with who is really going to play

The list is going to be long this week 

Usually excluding veterans who need additional day to recover, if some one is  DNP by Thursday or Friday most likely they won’t play. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah. Cleared and participated are different. DQ would have to report it on Wednesday. Hope McGary is good to go. 

He’s good. He played in the last game and came away fine. 

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

They get the install for the Vikings game tommorow - whoever is starting for tommorws practice is starting for the game. Besides, Im pretty sure the coaches already know and have known whether media and fans know or not.

every other group I agree but with the o line im not 100 percent sure

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Hes good heath wise but his conditioning may still be an issue. If he doesnt start I could definitley see him coming in on goal line and short yardage situations though.

FalconsZone7 likes this

5 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Just now, FentayeJones said:

Hes good heath wise but his conditioning may still be an issue. If he doesnt start I could definitley see him coming in on goal line and short yardage situations though.

He did say in the interview, he got tired after second half. It’s hard for rookie to miss time and build actual game day conditioning. Ridley said that was one thing he had to work in this off season. 

FalconsZone7 likes this

The one and only way McGary is going to gain experience and get into game shape is to play. 

Matthews - LG - Mack - Lindstrom - McGary

Schweitzer - since he's the only one who took reps at center and can fill in at guard

I want Gono since he can play LT and RT better than Sambrailo and can also fill in as a guard, but something tells me they will probably go with experience and have Sambrailo suit up.

4 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The one and only way McGary is going to gain experience and get into game shape is to play. 

Schweitzer - since he's the only one who took reps at center and can fill in at guard

I want Gono since he can play LT and RT better than Sambrailo and can also fill in as a guard, but something tells me they will probably go with experience and have Sambrailo suit up.

Gono played with game planning and Ty didn’t. It would really depend on health of Ty. 

Cole World likes this

I am guessing for week 1: 

Starting: Gono, Lindstrom, Mack, Carpenter, Matthews 

bench: McGary, Brown, Wes

the tough thing is it’s hard to justify making any of these guys inactive.

Flyin' In DC and FalconsZone7 like this

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

Based on play.....McGary starting at RT, Gono as back up.  If McGary gets tired, we can sub him out and let him build up his stamina as the season progresses.  

Is Sambrailo even healthy enough to be in the conversation anyway?  His play would suggest not.  

Cole World likes this

Regarding RT - What is the advantage of starting anyone besides Big Country?  All you are doing is delaying his development.  Ty is not our long term answer and neither is Gono.  If you don't start Big Country, I would have to say based on pregame performance you start Gono, but my money is on Big Country.  

duckhoa likes this

1 hour ago, RichardCNile said:

Regarding RT - What is the advantage of starting anyone besides Big Country?  All you are doing is delaying his development.  Ty is not our long term answer and neither is Gono.  If you don't start Big Country, I would have to say based on pregame performance you start Gono, but my money is on Big Country.  

if hes not ready to play a full game from a conditioning standpoint after sitting on the sideline for 3 weeks, you don't play him.

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

if hes not ready to play a full game from a conditioning standpoint after sitting on the sideline for 3 weeks, you don't play him.

How does he get in game condition without playing games?

atlbaby likes this

9 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Jumbo I’d signal our intent early.