Ergo Proxy

Week 1 Prep Tweets

185 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Vet min contract. You clueless bro.

Nope they were not all vet minimum.

Carpenter,Brown, Ty, Davidson,Stocker and others were all over the vet minimum.

Even if that were the case...the vet minimum is still around 750k times that by 19 and you are still looking at over 14 million in cap space.

Pro tip.... don't lecture someone about being "clueless" when you don't have a f****** clue yourself

LouDog likes this

56 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Nope they were not all vet minimum.

Carpenter,Brown, Ty, Davidson,Stocker and others were all over the vet minimum.

Even if that were the case...the vet minimum is still around 750k times that by 19 and you are still looking at over 14 million in cap space.

Pro tip.... don't lecture someone about being "clueless" when you don't have a f****** clue yourself

Carpenter, Brown and Sombrero signed multi year deals. Stocker signed a one year deal. His salary and bonus all hit this year. Davison signed a one year vet min contract which carries a cap hit of $645K plus signing bonus. Pro tip....don't say a dam thing to me about being "clueless" when you don't have a f****** clue yourself. You got that son?

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Carpenter, Brown and Sombrero signed multi year deals. Stocker signed a one year deal. His salary and bonus all hit this year. Davison signed a one year vet min contract which carries a cap hit of $645K plus signing bonus. Pro tip....don't say a dam thing to me about being "clueless" when you don't have a f****** clue yourself. You got that son?

The internet says that you are stupid.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/tyeler-davison-16880/.

It is a one year deal ...but it is more than vet minimum....you were wrong....AGAIN.

Stocker signed a 2 year deal...at over 5 million .....more than vet minimum.

Regardless of that...you made the claim that the contracts were for the vet minimum and that is how they signed so many guys...they were not. Per usual...you were wrong.

The fact is the FO knows what they are doing more than self absorbed wannabe GMs who use hindsight to try and show how smart they are.....but can't even do that right

So yeah go take a long walk off a short peir.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Just to prove my point

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/luke-stocker-7823/

Fyi....that is over the vet minimum

Allen Bailey.....makes way over minimum

So does Matt Bryant.

So does pretty much everyone from the FA class that we signed....most significantly over.

That’s pretty much a one year deal if I’m reading it correctly.

Dead money if cut next year is about 750 K.

This is what I mean when how these deals and numbers are used and written because it says one thing it can mean another.It isn’t just that’s the number so that’s the cap hit.

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The internet says that you are stupid.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/tyeler-davison-16880/.

It is a one year deal ...but it is more than vet minimum....you were wrong....AGAIN.

Stocker signed a 2 year deal...at over 5 million .....more than vet minimum.

Regardless of that...you made the claim that the contracts were for the vet minimum and that is how they signed so many guys...they were not. Per usual...you were wrong.

The fact is the FO knows what they are doing more than self absorbed wannabe GMs who use hindsight to try and show how smart they are.....but can't even do that right

So yeah go take a long walk off a short peir.

No clown, your clueless buddy Kiwi said he would like to wait and see Bryant's numbers because we might be able to structure his deal like Davison's, which is a one year vet min deal that carries a $645K cap hit plus signing bonus. Bryant's deal won't be a vet min deal and neither was any of the other guys you mentioned. I never said jack about being able to sign them because they were on vet min deals. We were able to sign them after we purged the roster of guys like Bryant.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

That’s pretty much a one year deal if I’m reading it correctly.

Dead money if cut next year is about 750 K.

That is how I see it...but my point was he was one fo several guys making more than the minimum....which is what fraudsince70 is trying to claim.

It just goes to show how contracts are manipulated and how trying to analyze future cap situations is pointless....and is really juat conversation fodder

kiwifalcon likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No clown, your clueless buddy Kiwi said he would like to wait and see Bryant's numbers because we might be able to structure his deal like Davison's, which is a one year vet min deal that carries a $645K cap, hit plus signing bonus. Bryant's deal won't be a vet min deal and neither was any of the other guys you mentioned. I never said jack about being able to sign them because they were on vet min deals. We were able to sign them after we purged the roster of guys like Bryant.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-tenders-for-2019/

You dont even know what the phucking minimum is and you are goinf to try and lecture people on how the cap works....go pluck yourself

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/tyeler-davison-16880/

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-tenders-for-2019/

You dont even know what the phucking minimum is and you are goinf to try and lecture people on how the cap works....go pluck yourself

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/tyeler-davison-16880/

So Davison is a 4 year vested vet on a one year vet min deal. And you're waiting for Bryant's numbers to hit in hopes we can structure his one year $3M way above vet min deal in a similar way? Clueless. And for the rest of yall saying Bryant is signed:

Special teams (3)

Analysis: The Falcons agreed to terms with Matt Bryant on Saturday (and has not officially signed) after a preseason where the kicker position turned into a question mark. He'll assume the kicking duties when the Falcons begin preparation for the Vikings on Monday.

atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-2019-roster-position-by-position-breakdown

27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is how I see it...but my point was he was one fo several guys making more than the minimum....which is what fraudsince70 is trying to claim.

It just goes to show how contracts are manipulated and how trying to analyze future cap situations is pointless....and is really juat conversation fodder

Pretty much it’s a moving thing and alot of flexibility cap wise lies in those cheap 1-2 year deals.

I don’t understand his whole bad or poor usage of the cap argument.If we did what he wanted he’d just complain we can’t we are bad at drafting either way I think we are good at both of late.

I got bored after the 3rd page of 1970 Cap wisdom. I've learnt nothing new. It's just reconfirmed that 1970 knows juuuuust enough to know nothing.

This will come across as offensive, it's not intended that way, but it is what it is. 1970. Try and enjoy football. You are not a cap expert, you're tying yourself in knots for no reason. I've been around on these boards in some form for over 10 years at this point, and I've never seen you enjoy a season or be positive. Ever.

Sidenote - Can't we normally expect a hingsight offseason plan from you? These are important, we need to know how the franchise should be ran...

How the **** can you not like how this year's Falcons are shaping up? Especially if you know about football. We are stacked.

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If we reduce Julio's cap hit in 2020 we will be shifting a huge amount to 2021 and beyond. Along with Mack's new cap hit. But let's say we can. You've only freed up $18M and still have to add 14 players just to get to a 53 man roster. With $18M that will be 14 scrub level players.

Lest not forget Beasley, Bosher, Bryant, Hoop, Campbell, Davison, KSmith, Clayborn, Crawford, Grace, BHill, Barner, Swipester, Hardy, Ish, Wreh-Wilson, Neasman, Means, Wilcox and Bennett will all be free agents. Plus Sanu will be gone under your plan. Good luck trying to replace them and sign a draft class with $18M. Purge is a comin bro. Trust me.

Sigh, pretty much every contract or extension that TD has signed off on has lower cap hits in the first two years. He's done pretty well so far.

At least 10 of those 14 players will be NFL minimum wage players. 3-4 of those minimum wage players will be draft picks after the 3rd round.  At about a half a mil each, that's 10 players for about 6 mil, leaves you 12 mil to sign first 3 draft picks and FAs. 

Yeah, they're going to have cut  some  players- like they did with Schreader and Alford this year. Happens every year. Roster will not be decimated by the cuts they have to make.