Ergo Proxy

Week 1 Prep Tweets

185 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

That is because he can't be.

When a guy is suspended he for intends  and purposes does not exist

yeah, but we have ZImmer that looked better on the PS, baring some severe injuries there just isn't any room for Hagemann

1 hour ago, WisFalcon said:

So confused on Hageman:

if he is “done” another opinion of Vaughn, is there a penalty to kicking him loose now or is it just insurance to hold him Incase someone gets hurt? (Him not counting against the 53 while suspended)

to me, it makes sense to move a DB next to Allen and move the DT elsewhere 

we could also be helping him serve his suspension so someone else picks him up. If hes a FA the games don't count.

3 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

God I hope not. We are gonna waste him away.

Not really. He can play both. The thing is he can catch so it makes for a two headed monster in certain sets. It can be a Ollison/Hill set it Hill/ollison. You can also FB dive as well. From what I saw he did a good job when he was at FB. I don’t think quinn is talking about a full time move to FB. Just certain sets. Maybe late in the game. Marcus Allen played some FB for LA. It made a backfield of him and Bo Jackson too hard to stop. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not really. He can play both. The thing is he can catch so it makes for a two headed monster in certain sets. It can be a Ollison/Hill set it Hill/ollison. You can also FB dive as well. From what I saw he did a good job when he was at FB. I don’t think quinn is talking about a full time move to FB. Just certain sets. Maybe late in the game. Marcus Allen played some FB for LA. It made a backfield of him and Bo Jackson too hard to stop. 

Thing is I don't trust Quinn to use him as both. 

1 minute ago, TD_Lover said:

There’s no way you don’t use him as a natural RB. But he’s def an option to have him at FB with Freeman, Smith, and Hill at times. You have two backs that can catch and both can run once the ball is in his hands. To much stress on a defense. Hill played some FB last year and he didn’t make that permanent. I just don’t see him making olllie a full time FB. To valuable as a runner. And if he were thinking about it I’d think he’d play him more at FB during pre season. He was primarily a TB. I like the versatile option of that. Imagine a 20 personnel with Freeman/Ollie Julio/Sanu/Ridley where both backs leak out after chip blocks. Dangerous package. No DB is gonna wanna come up and hit Ollie if he catches one. And nobody will be looking for that. Then in the 4th you run out the clock with Ollie at TB. 

Ovie_Lover and Ergo Proxy like this

52 minutes ago, Romfal said:

yeah, but we have ZImmer that looked better on the PS, baring some severe injuries there just isn't any room for Hagemann

I disagree there's plenty of room for him if he is healthy.

I think we could see one of the running backs getting cut when it is time to make a roster decision about it

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

There’s no way you don’t use him as a natural RB. But he’s def an option to have him at FB with Freeman, Smith, and Hill at times. You have two backs that can catch and both can run once the ball is in his hands. To much stress on a defense. Hill played some FB last year and he didn’t make that permanent. I just don’t see him making olllie a full time FB. To valuable as a runner. And if he were thinking about it I’d think he’d play him more at FB during pre season. He was primarily a TB. I like the versatile option of that. Imagine a 20 personnel with Freeman/Ollie Julio/Sanu/Ridley where both backs leak out after chip blocks. Dangerous package. No DB is gonna wanna come up and hit Ollie if he catches one. And nobody will be looking for that. Then in the 4th you run out the clock with Ollie at TB. 

Heck, we lined Tevin Coleman at FB at times with Shanahan... Having Ollison who is a threat to run, catch, and potentially even block on the field at the same time as Freeman for a few snaps a game seems like a nice little wrinkle to me.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

34 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Don't forget about the backfield of William Andrews & Lynn Cain, or William Andrews & Gerald Riggs. Lethal.

5 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

What makes Vaughn think Julio won’t play without a new deal when he’s been practicing? Did I miss something?

No....but he obviously did.

Ergo Proxy likes this

23 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I disagree there's plenty of room for him if he is healthy.

I think we could see one of the running backs getting cut when it is time to make a roster decision about it

you can only have so many D-linemen active on game day and any extra ones need to play ST

19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If Julio holds out Sunday then I'm taking that as the 1st of 4 signs of the apocalypse. 

Seven seals .... That start the apocalypse...

You're thinking of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse....

But I understand what you're saying...

Go Falcons...and Chop the **** on

Malachore and Flying Falcon like this

51 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I agree....Got to get him on the field....and he trying to figure out ways to do so.....I like it

TheFatboi likes this

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Seven seals .... That start the apocalypse...

You're thinking of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse....

But I understand what you're saying...

Go Falcons...and Chop the **** on

Boi....

:lol:

RING OF HONOR likes this

31 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Don't forget about the backfield of William Andrews & Lynn Cain, or William Andrews & Gerald Riggs. Lethal.

Exactly!!! Deadly!!! Those are better examples than the one I posted. Thx bro! Jamal Anderson played some FB in 97 before becoming the starter in 98. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

45 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Heck, we lined Tevin Coleman at FB at times with Shanahan... Having Ollison who is a threat to run, catch, and potentially even block on the field at the same time as Freeman for a few snaps a game seems like a nice little wrinkle to me.

It really is. 

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yes Lawd

1 hour ago, TD_Lover said:

Think Quinn is focused on the defense and the 3 former head coaches on the offensive side of the ball will decide how much FB Ollison plays. Doubt it's that much, but any wrinkle you can throw in to make the defense worry about is a good thing.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ollison is the number two back by mid season