Ergo Proxy

Week 1 Prep Tweets

185 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm pretty sure they were talking about five including the next two (thru 2023). At least I hope so.

That makes no sense. It'd be a 1 year extension.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

47 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Heard on 92.9 this morning that the two sides are far apart on the deal. Falcons want three years. Julio wants five. Radio guys were speculating a hold out if they don't get it done in time. I doubt it.

This makes no sense.  Julio ain’t getting a 5 year contract.  Why?  Cause it is ultimately a 7 year deal once you include the 2 years left on current deal.  If Julio’s agent wants this, there will be a problem

Ergo Proxy and Tim Mazetti like this

32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm pretty sure they were talking about five including the next two (thru 2023). At least I hope so.

That would mean it’s simply a one year contract.  I don’t see that happening considering TD said he wants Julio to get a 9 figure salary

16 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That makes no sense. It'd be a 1 year extension.

You keep beating me to the bunch, brotha...lol 

This quote from TD tells us pretty much what we are looking at.  4 year extension is possible at 22 mill per year.  88 mill of new money plus 21 mill left on old contract.  109 million dollar contract.  We probably include an easy out for the Falcons in the 2022 season

Aug 1, 2019 · Jones and the Falcons are in the middle of contract extension negotiations

19 minutes ago, athell said:

wait wait wait...

So you are telling me he kicked a 57 yard field goal AND his leg didn't fly off doing so?  How can that be?!

I don't think it's the first half of the season we need to worry about. It's the later half.

21 minutes ago, athell said:

wait wait wait...

So you are telling me he kicked a 57 yard field goal AND his leg didn't fly off doing so?  How can that be?!

Cyborg tech.

athell likes this

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I don't think it's the first half of the season we need to worry about. It's the later half.

If Money can't make the entire season we're in trouble and if we didn't sign Byrant we'd have to roll with Italian Ice (who lost his nerve) or Walsh. 

Bryant is really the best option.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
athell likes this

So confused on Hageman:

if he is “done” another opinion of Vaughn, is there a penalty to kicking him loose now or is it just insurance to hold him Incase someone gets hurt? (Him not counting against the 53 while suspended)

to me, it makes sense to move a DB next to Allen and move the DT elsewhere 

Edited by WisFalcon
arrogantBEAST likes this

3 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

What makes Vaughn think Julio won’t play without a new deal when he’s been practicing? Did I miss something?

He is already under contract. I dont see JJ11 doing that to the team

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You keep beating me to the bunch, brotha...lol 

This quote from TD tells us pretty much what we are looking at.  4 year extension is possible at 22 mill per year.  88 mill of new money plus 21 mill left on old contract.  109 million dollar contract.  We probably include an easy out for the Falcons in the 2022 season

Aug 1, 2019 · Jones and the Falcons are in the middle of contract extension negotiations

How would you spread the cap hits? Especially interested in 2020.

FalconsIn2012 likes this