FB Ortiz wavied, injury settlement

⚡Slumerican⚡

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

But Larkin would've been sacking the QB on 3rd down to get our offense the ball for a winning TD drive. 

Or, he doesn't even see the field with the Dlinemen in front of him. I expect the Falcons will want him next year when at least 2-3 of the DLine from this year will be gone.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Or, he doesn't even see the field with the Dlinemen in front of him. I expect the Falcons will want him next year when at least 2-3 of the DLine from this year will be gone.

this, and that is why larkin is on the PS to develope and hopefully take one of the spots that come open next yr. We have an 8 man rotation at least with vic, takk, grady, bailey, davidson, crawford, clayborn and maybe than cominsky or senat if they are even active bc we only have 46 spots open on gameday

9 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

this, and that is why larkin is on the PS to develope and hopefully take one of the spots that come open next yr. We have an 8 man rotation at least with vic, takk, grady, bailey, davidson, crawford, clayborn and maybe than cominsky or senat if they are even active bc we only have 46 spots open on gameday

Yeah. As it stands right now, barring injury, Commiski or Senat will be inactive most games. Matchups may dictate which one is up. Had Larkin made the 53, he would never see the 46 man gameday roster. 

25 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Like Beasley, for instance? To quote many a football person, "You can NEVER have too many pass rushers."

Larkin has the knack of getting around and  through the OL. He may need a little polish, but I don't think he'll last long sitting on the PS with pass rush skills being so highly coveted by every team in the NFL.

When those 2-3 DL are gone next year, peeps will be wishing we kept Larkin on the 53 and kept one less RB.

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If I recall right, we have five D linemen under contract beyond 2019.  Means (on IR) Clayborn Crawford Davison Beasley will be FAs..  TD said he wants to eventually sign Davison longterm.

IMO we got lucky finding the type of players we now have, I would hate to have to rely on that kind of luck again. 

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah. As it stands right now, barring injury, Commiski or Senat will be inactive most games. Matchups may dictate which one is up. Had Larkin made the 53, he would never see the 46 man gameday roster. 

I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my brain around the fact we have an over-abundance of talented DL and DE now. My gawd! CHAMPIONSHIP!  :slick:

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Like Beasley, for instance? To quote many a football person, "You can NEVER have too many pass rushers."

Larkin has the knack of getting around and  through the OL. He may need a little polish, but I don't think he'll last long sitting on the PS with pass rush skills being so highly coveted by every team in the NFL. When those 2-3 DL are gone, peeps will be wishing we kept Larkin on the 53 and kept one less RB.

Seems to me the Falcons are all-in on THIS season coming up.  In the past we have seen vets let go to make room for young guys with more promise.   

I hope this team is as good as the Falcons and some of us fans think it is.  I would hate to see young guys with so much upside, like Larkin Cooper Zimmer and Powell, get swiped by other teams.

43 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yeah, I saw that after I had posted. Rather have Larkin. lol.  :rant:

no you don't. while Larkin had a good showing in preseason there's not one player ahead of him that he's better than. and to be honest, he's not better than Stephen Means either. that's not a knock on Larkin but a testament to how stacked this roster is.

22 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I been think about the 46 game day roster and I think both might be inactive some games, bc at first I bet they have more active o linemen to make sure matt is protected. For most games I predict 2 qbs active, 5 wrs active, 4 rbs active including fb, 8 o line, 3 tes, 7 d linemen, 5 lbs, 5 cbs, 4 safeties, 3 special teams. depending on the game maybe one less lb active and one more d line/

25 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

If I recall right, we have five D linemen under contract beyond 2019.  Means (on IR) Clayborn Crawford Davison Beasley will be FAs..  TD said he wants to eventually sign Davison longterm.

IMO we got lucky finding the type of players we now have, I would hate to have to rely on that kind of luck again. 

right which means larkin has a good chance to make it next yr while senat and comisky take another step forward. I highly doubt comisky will be active most game days. this will be a red shirt yr to get the body type the falcons want and ti grow in general

4 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

right which means larkin has a good chance to make it next yr while senat and comisky take another step forward. I highly doubt comisky will be active most game days. this will be a red shirt yr to get the body type the falcons want and ti grow in general

the way it looks now you can almost say that Senat, Cominsky, Larkin & Takk are the next wave. it's like The Avengers up in here