nolove4thecrook

conspiracy
Do teams sign players to get access to rival playbooks?

51 posts in this topic

So I happened to stumble across Eagles Free agent signings the past day. They signed Marcus Green, Logan Paulson and former Saints Safety Chris Banjo. I honestly wonder if these signings were an attempt to get access to playbooks. Do these sort of things happen?

Also I find it rather convenient that NE basically got Clayborn on a one year rental. Did we send him there for inside information?

Do players sell scheme and playbooks for side money? What's stopping a guy making 400k a year selling all the signals and playbook for 2 mil.Whats 2 mil in a multi billion dollar industry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I doubt that’s the reason

it could happen I wonder if there is anything in the cba that would prevent this kind of activity. It is plausible and honestly if it did happen none of us would know cause NFL security would keep the lid tight on such dealings just to save face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nolove4thecrook said:

it could happen I wonder if there is anything in the cba that would prevent this kind of activity. It is plausible and honestly if it did happen none of us would know cause NFL security would keep the lid tight on such dealings just to save face.

It could but I highly doubt it. When’s the last time you’ve witnessed a team have an advantage after signing someone their opponent let go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

It could but I highly doubt it

where's the doubt? you get signed by a new team they guarantee you a spot you just have to hand over the playbook what's stopping you?

integrity?

Edited by nolove4thecrook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nolove4thecrook said:

where's the doubt? you get signed by a new team they guarantee you a spot you just have to hand over the playbook what's stopping you?

integrity?

When’s the last time you saw a team have a competitive advantage on an opponent after signing a former player?

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No, if you're a nfl coach and dont know the play options when a team lines up.. You wont have a job long, my high school coach could even do that.. In the NFL its all about execution, most defenders have an idea of what plays to expect by formations

but what If having the playbook you would know the exact play... execution wouldn't matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nolove4thecrook said:

where's the doubt? you get signed by a new team they guarantee you a spot you just have to hand over the playbook what's stopping you?

integrity?

If youve ever played high-school or college football youd understand why not.. Any NFL coach should have a idea of the play even before the snap.. Plus tones of film to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

When’s the last time you saw a team have a competitive advantage on an opponent after signing a former player?

that would be a great research endeavor! 

Xero likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nolove4thecrook said:

but what If having the playbook you would know the exact play... execution wouldn't matter

Plays are set up in formations.. Only so many formations.. Thats why teams have terminology, usually that is installed the week of the game.. So unless he's in the film room during game week, no.. Its no advantage 

FalconsZone7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost all teams use tablets now for the playbooks.. They get very vanilla versions in the preseason, usually game week get the detailed versions during the install.. Once a player is cut, the team takes the tablet back

nolove4thecrook likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nolove4thecrook said:

cameras on phones? 

It still comes down to terminology in the huddle and at the los.. Perhaps it could benefit a team in no huddle situations, but again all thats done during the week of the game in the install.. So its very little to no advantage 

nolove4thecrook likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Refresh my memory lol

Chris was a Falcons LB from 2000-2004. He immediately went to Carolina for a year or two. I forgot if he was calling out our offensive plays, but he definitely had familiarity on how to stop it. There was speculation on these boards that he “stole” our playbook, giving secrets away to them, etc. I actually could see this being true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Chris was a Falcons LB from 2000-2004. He immediately went to Carolina for a year or two. I forgot if he was calling out our offensive plays, but he definitely had familiarity on how to stop it. There was speculation on these boards that he “stole” our playbook, giving secrets away to them, etc. I actually could see this being true. 

I see what you’re saying but that’s different from giving away the playbook. Telling what you remember is fair game. 

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now