Do teams sign players to get access to rival playbooks?

So I happened to stumble across Eagles Free agent signings the past day. They signed Marcus Green, Logan Paulson and former Saints Safety Chris Banjo. I honestly wonder if these signings were an attempt to get access to playbooks. Do these sort of things happen?

Also I find it rather convenient that NE basically got Clayborn on a one year rental. Did we send him there for inside information?

Do players sell scheme and playbooks for side money? What's stopping a guy making 400k a year selling all the signals and playbook for 2 mil.Whats 2 mil in a multi billion dollar industry?

Just now, nolove4thecrook said:

it could happen I wonder if there is anything in the cba that would prevent this kind of activity. It is plausible and honestly if it did happen none of us would know cause NFL security would keep the lid tight on such dealings just to save face.

It could but I highly doubt it. When’s the last time you’ve witnessed a team have an advantage after signing someone their opponent let go

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No, if you're a nfl coach and dont know the play options when a team lines up.. You wont have a job long, my high school coach could even do that.. In the NFL its all about execution, most defenders have an idea of what plays to expect by formations

but what If having the playbook you would know the exact play... execution wouldn't matter

1 minute ago, nolove4thecrook said:

where's the doubt? you get signed by a new team they guarantee you a spot you just have to hand over the playbook what's stopping you?

integrity?

If youve ever played high-school or college football youd understand why not.. Any NFL coach should have a idea of the play even before the snap.. Plus tones of film to watch 

Just now, nolove4thecrook said:

but what If having the playbook you would know the exact play... execution wouldn't matter

Plays are set up in formations.. Only so many formations.. Thats why teams have terminology, usually that is installed the week of the game.. So unless he's in the film room during game week, no.. Its no advantage 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Refresh my memory lol

Chris was a Falcons LB from 2000-2004. He immediately went to Carolina for a year or two. I forgot if he was calling out our offensive plays, but he definitely had familiarity on how to stop it. There was speculation on these boards that he “stole” our playbook, giving secrets away to them, etc. I actually could see this being true. 

28 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Chris was a Falcons LB from 2000-2004. He immediately went to Carolina for a year or two. I forgot if he was calling out our offensive plays, but he definitely had familiarity on how to stop it. There was speculation on these boards that he “stole” our playbook, giving secrets away to them, etc. I actually could see this being true. 

I see what you’re saying but that’s different from giving away the playbook. Telling what you remember is fair game.