⚡Slumerican⚡

Falcons build practice squad

142 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, our OL was loaded with 9 players clearly better than him.

Doesnt mean he can’t crack roster next year. I’d put him on a similar level as Duke right now. And slightly ahead of Saubert. :ninja:

Hill/Duke doing something this year and Harlow maybe turning a corner from his last 2 preseason games/1 more year of developing may just salvage that 2017 draft.

Kazee and Takk working overtime on that class.

I think the UDFA moves have been on point for salvaging that class as well.

Zaccheaus/Blake, Larkin, Graham, Grace, Gono, Cooper, etc..nice finds to overturn bottom of roster depth at minimum. A couple guys there could blossom into starters.

I secretly hope Graham goes off this year and helps us in the event Hooper is determined to go for UFA. Not sure if we tag him?

Graham making Hooper.expendable is best case scenario. If he can play the H back role then he makes Stocker redundant which saves a couple mil. Graham is going to be good. As an ex lb I expect he will be able to study his opponents and expose them. Idk maybe I'm sounding like Gazoo, but T.E. Is my favorite position and I get excited.

Ergo Proxy and egoprime II like this

29 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we didn't even put him on the PS. Probably not interested in a 190 pound scat back.

According to reddit.com, TBJ has been signed to the Bucs Practice Squad:

news[Auman] Bucs have signed former Oregon and Falcons RB Tony Brooks-James to their practice squad. Undrafted rookie averaged 7.2 yards per carry in preseason for Atlanta with 2 TDs. With Ducks, 6.6-yard average, also had a 100-yard KO return. Originally from Gainesville.

1 hour ago, theProf said:

Guess carrying 5 on the 53 we didn't feel like we had room for one on the ps. Sucks. He could be legit in his 3rd season. Made the most out of his opportunities. Had we drafted him he would still be here. We REALLY like to hang on to those we draft which tells me Green really sucks

43 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Guess carrying 5 on the 53 we didn't feel like we had room for one on the ps. Sucks. He could be legit in his 3rd season. Made the most out of his opportunities. Had we drafted him he would still be here. We REALLY like to hang on to those we draft which tells me Green really sucks

Did Green sucked more than Riley?

Nooooo I hope TBJ is not gone! I feel he has game breaking talent! We are going to need that in a 16 game schedule. I hope this is not a mistake.

5 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Nooooo I hope TBJ is not gone! I feel he has game breaking talent! We are going to need that in a 16 game schedule. I hope this is not a mistake.

Its now official that TBJ has been signed to the Bucs Practice Squad. 

Monday, Sep 02, 2019 06:04 PM

Bucs Claim RB T.J. Logan, Add Two to Practice Squad

Smith_Scott_2
Scott Smith

On Monday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made the first tweak to the 53-man roster they formed two days earlier, claiming third-year running back T.J. Logan off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals. To make room for Logan on that roster, the Buccaneers waived outside linebacker Patrick O'Connor.

Tampa Bay also filled two of the remaining three spots on their practice squad, signing running back Tony Brooks-James and tackle Brad Seaton. Brooks-James is a rookie who signed with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent in May; Seaton is a first-year player who can count the Bucs as one of his four NFL stops so far.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-claim-rb-t-j-logan-add-two-to-practice-squad-roster-move

He gon’. That Powell guy looks good and he’s done It at this level. I know we don’t talk windows here, but taking someone that’s made plays in the regular season of the NFL, should in theory lessen growing pains that come with inexperience. 

Edited by NWFALCON