⚡Slumerican⚡

Falcons build practice squad

142 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Lets hope Mack doesn't get old anytime soon....

Now I am having Mike Person flashbacks thinking about it.....:rolleyes:

Me too bro.

egoprime II likes this

12 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Was it at guard or center? I remember reading a posted article about trying him at center. What did he improve on? Was it pass pro or run blocking? 

It was at guard but they began giving him practice reps at C as well. Idk if he got any preseason snaps at C.

He had a decent last 2 games to give himself a shot back on 53man.

At 24 now, he is still young and came out of college way too raw. Falcons must have liked his shot at improving over Chandler Milller.

If Schweitzer walks in FA next offseason, he could become the 9th OL with 1 more year.

The Daywalker likes this

16 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It was at guard but they began giving him practice reps at C as well. Idk if he got any preseason snaps at C.

He had a decent last 2 games to give himself a shot back on 53man.

At 24 now, he is still young and came out of college way too raw. Falcons must have liked his shot at improving over Chandler Milller.

If Schweitzer walks in FA next offseason, he could become the 9th OL with 1 more year.

Harlow graded out as our best Olineman last preseason game vs Washington.. Maybe he is turning the corner.. I had him gone last year in my mind so it's going to take some time getting used to him actually being good

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Harlow graded out as our best Olineman last preseason game vs Washington.. Maybe he is turning the corner.. I had him gone last year in my mind so it's going to take some time getting used to him actually being good

No it wont because he isn't

31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Schweitzer is the back up C. 

Harlow has been a disappointment. 

"Yeah you know more than Dan Quinn and the coaching staff. "

Just now, Vandy said:

WTF?

Get a grip.

So when it's used against me to defend a player you like you agree with it but when I use it to defend a player you don't like I need to "get a grip"? Ok man.

33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Schweitzer is the back up C. 

Harlow has been a disappointment. 

I agree with you.

Apparently, the Falcons see something in him.  Go figure....

Vandy likes this

36 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Seems to me Harlow is taking Chandler Miller's place as our 'developmental' center.  Right now the Falcons do not even -have- a backup center, unless we are counting Scweitzer….

Seems the Falcons are seeing some signs of development from Harlow.  I know the team likes his nasty demeanor.

Harlow and nasty demeanor don't go well together.

Cole World and Vandy like this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You dont think we'll carry a kicker just for insurance? 

we probably just have Blair Walsh on speed dial like we did Tevecchio last year, as scary as that is

6 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

So when it's used against me to defend a player you like you agree with it but when I use it to defend a player you don't like I need to "get a grip"? Ok man.

I never made that quote, G-dawg did. 

And im not going down this pizzing contest road you seem determined to go down with me. 

Just now, Romfal said:

we probably just have Blair Walsh on speed dial like we did Tevecchio last year, as scary as that is

Thats definitely cut rate insurance :bang:

Romfal likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

I never made that quote, G-dawg did. 

And  im going down this pizzing contest road you seem determined to go down with me. 

I never said that was your quote. I said you agreed with it. 

But when it's used against you it's a "pizzing" contest. That's cool.

7 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

I never said that was your quote. I said you agreed with it. 

But when it's used against you it's a "pizzing" contest. That's cool.

Ok, man. Like I said, I’m not interested in playing that game with you. So take it some place else. 

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Harlow and nasty demeanor don't go well together.

I recall Harlow's nasty demeanor being mentioned either in his scouting report, or by the Falcons.   Also mentioned was how unrefined Harlow was.....

Me, I wanted us to draft DL Carlos Watkins with that pick.

6 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

I recall Harlow's nasty demeanor being mentioned either in his scouting report, or by the Falcons.   Also mentioned was how unrefined Harlow was.....

I liked the Harlow pick because I'm a big believer in bloodlines. Maybe he can still make Pat proud. He's a natural center as he's top percentile intelligent and smaller than traditional OG.

Ergo Proxy likes this

17 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You dont think we'll carry a kicker just for insurance? 

Prob not. There will be several vets floating in f.a. All year who don't have ps eligibility. I'd rather bring in another get than a young unknown project. But I'm sure they signed one as I typed this.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Maybe. But it speaks volumes a 3rd year 4th rounder still cant make some team’s 53.

I just was never a fan of that pick from day 1.

To be fair, our OL was loaded with 9 players clearly better than him.

Doesnt mean he can’t crack roster next year. I’d put him on a similar level as Duke right now. And slightly ahead of Saubert. :ninja:

Hill/Duke doing something this year and Harlow maybe turning a corner from his last 2 preseason games/1 more year of developing may just salvage that 2017 draft.

Kazee and Takk working overtime on that class.

I think the UDFA moves have been on point for salvaging that class as well.

Zaccheaus/Blake, Larkin, Graham, Grace, Gono, Cooper, etc..nice finds to overturn bottom of roster depth at minimum. A couple guys there could blossom into starters.

I secretly hope Graham goes off this year and helps us in the event Hooper is determined to go for UFA. Not sure if we tag him?

32 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

23 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I liked the Harlow pick because I'm a big believer in bloodlines. Maybe he can still make Pat proud. He's a natural center as he's top percentile intelligent and smaller than traditional OG.

I was surprised he was not converted early to be honest. He had some time there in college, iirc...but seemed like that was his purpose to be a couple years groom to be Mack’s heir.

It “could” be our OG situation was so dire they wanted to have him ready there for these last 2 seasons...given Levitre injury situation and the replacement for Chester merry-go-round pre Lindstrom...

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I was surprised he was not converted early to be honest. He had some time there in college, iirc...but seemed like that was his purpose to be a couple years groom to be Mack’s heir.

It “could” be our OG situation was so dire they wanted to have him ready there for these last 2 seasons...given Levitre injury situation and the replacement for Chester merry-go-round pre Lindstrom...

Agree 100%. I read we were trying him at center and I said wtf, we haven't already done that? Could end up being a case of round peg square hole. He's not quite big and stout enough for a guard. Maybe he's the LS of the future? Jk

Ergo Proxy likes this