⚡Slumerican⚡

Falcons build practice squad

142 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So, did we upgrade Green to Powell? Interesting. Worth a stash given Barner being the only decent returner option for us right now.

Schwarzwald and k-train like this

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

When Kenny Golliday was hurt last year, Powell got to start in a week 17 game against Green Bay.

He had 6 receptions for 103 yards.

He also had a 67 yard kick return for Detroit a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Hope we add Chandler Miller. Surprised we kept Harlow over him, but maybe Sean’s last 2 preseason games were enough to keep him instead of Miller.

My guess is, if they lose enough Olinemen  that they need to get one from the practice squad, they want one familiar with the scheme to bring up.

19 minutes ago, falconidae said:

My guess is, if they lose enough Olinemen  that they need to get one from the practice squad, they want one familiar with the scheme to bring up.

Good point.

8 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

And a WR Brandon Powell from the Lions.  Gator alum

dude had an 100 yard game in his only start last year for the LIons in the last game of the year vs Green Bay

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You beat me to this! 

I posted this after the game too...He was trying but got hit way too hard for my liking. Let Ricky take those hits

Jamal Carter - Broncos to our PS...

https://predominantlyorange.com/2019/08/31/broncos-surprise-move-jamal-carter/

Broncos make surprise roster move, waive Jamal Carter

Jamal Carter made the switch to inside linebacker to help the team. He apparently did not do enough as the Denver Broncos waived him during roster cuts.

Yesterday, I was talking about how the Denver Broncos kept the undrafted free agent players making the final roster streak going. Jamal Carter, a player who was one of those players during that streak, is for the moment not going to be on the team.

As the Denver Broncos continue to get to their roster to 53 players, the team decided to part ways with the newly hybrid defensive player. There is a chance that he can come back to the team on the practice squad. But it is still disappointing to see him go.

As Broncos Country knows, Jamal Carter made the team back in 2017 as an undrafted free agent. He was looking to make a big leap the following year until he suffered a season ending injury and was placed on injured reserve.

This season, Carter was looking to help Vic Fangio and move to inside linebacker to help the team out with the position facing a lot of injuries. However, Denver decided to move on.

It is a strange move in my opinion because of the lack of depth the Denver Broncos have at inside linebacker. This makes me wonder if the team is going to look for any players that were released among the other 31 teams in the NFL.

There could be a few names that pop up here and there. But only going with three current healthy inside linebackers seems a bit on the odd side. Todd Davis should be ready for Week One, but with the lack of depth currently it is kind of surprising.

Perhaps Denver will make a move elsewhere to help shore up the inside linebacker job, but sadly enough Jamal Carter will not be in that discussion.

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Harlow must be part tick. Dude just keeps sticking around.

Well, every team needs a Rudy to dominate so they can experience what it's like to completely destroy a player in the NFL...that, or if he sucks out blood more like a leech, it can have some sort of health benefit to the rest of the roster.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, he had a good last 2 games of preseason.

Was it at guard or center? I remember reading a posted article about trying him at center. What did he improve on? Was it pass pro or run blocking? 

21 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Because we signed another proven Full Back from Raiders Keith Smith...hes way better than him.

Lmfao we just signed him. You posted that yesterday

Ovie_Lover likes this

20 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Lmfao we just signed him. You posted that yesterday

Correct. I did not want to post something till it was irrefutable or else you would have called me "fake news" 

Also, immediately I posted a link confirming todays news.

I have been saying all along that Ortiz will not be on Falcons roster or atleast wont finish season. 

And I was right! 

Da_Truth and Vandy like this

13 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Harlow must be part tick. Dude just keeps sticking around.

12 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Was it at guard or center? I remember reading a posted article about trying him at center. What did he improve on? Was it pass pro or run blocking? 

Seems to me Harlow is taking Chandler Miller's place as our 'developmental' center.  Right now the Falcons do not even -have- a backup center, unless we are counting Scweitzer….

Seems the Falcons are seeing some signs of development from Harlow.  I know the team likes his nasty demeanor.

ShadyRef likes this

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Seems to me Harlow is taking Chandler Miller's place as our 'developmental' center.  Right now the Falcons do not even -have- a backup center, unless we are counting Scweitzer….

Seems the Falcons are seeing some signs of development from Harlow.  I know the team likes his nasty demeanor.

Schweitzer is the back up C. 

Harlow has been a disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Schweitzer is the back up C. 

Lets hope Mack doesn't get old anytime soon....

Now I am having Mike Person flashbacks thinking about it.....:rolleyes:

Vandy likes this