September 2019 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nolan is gonna be a **** legend by the time he leaves.

Just thought I’d post this in here because what happened with Fields was significant and it’s hard to know how it might impact kids we are trying to recruit. I like to watch him play and I don’t

Here’s the most updated list I’ve seen  2020QB- Carson BeckRB- Kendall MiltonRB- EJ SmithWR- Marcus RosemyWR- Justin RobinsonWR- Corey WrenTE- Darnell Washington (OV)TE- Theo Johnson (OV)OL- Brod

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Well either way that’s bad, Bennett is a serviceable # 2 but that’s his ceiling for a fan base and team wanting to compete w bama.. who knows on Mathis, thought beck would be good but def would need a year- hope Fromm stays sr season but don’t see it

Theres always the portal too. LSU won big time by getting their transfer.

Wish list for the rest of this class

• Darnell Washington - I really like our chances w/ him
  • Theo Johnson - same, I think him and Washington form an elite tandem at the TE position
  • Keelee Ringo - I think he has been a silent commit since G-Day, and would love to see him in Red and Black
  • Zach Evans - not sure at this point where we stand with him, i was feeling really good but word of him at ATM plus his struggles... not sure at this point
  • Burch 
3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

• Theo Johnson - same, I think him and Washington form an elite tandem at the TE position
  • Keelee Ringo - I think he has been a silent commit since G-Day, and would love to see him in Red and Black
  • Zach Evans - not sure at this point where we stand with him, i was feeling really good but word of him at ATM plus his struggles... not sure at this point
  • Burch 

4 of the 5 look really promising and Evans is a wonder tbh

3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

• Burch 

you forgot Noah Sewell.

I can just picture him being a friggin' beast all over the field.   To compare to another Samoan - think Junior Seau in his prime - only faster and bigger.

14 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

4 of the 5 look really promising and Evans is a wonder tbh

Evans is a wonder. Word is he hasn't been having too good of a season? Wonder what's going on w/ him. Either way,  I like where we are at RB with Cook, Milton, Zues, Macinstosh moving forward so he is not necessarily a must-get imo. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Any word on Arik Gilbert and Justin Flowe? I feel both are leaning towards Clemson... seems Gilbert does all he can to stay away from Athens...

We haven’t really been recruiting Flowe too heavily for a while now. Sewell showed genuine interest in us and took priority there. 

Gilbert has been a roller coaster... he has been in Athens a lot and was thought to be a lock for a long time, but at some point he got it in his head that he should play WR. We’ve been straightforward with him from the jump that his future is at TE. He may come around eventually but it seems much more likely that we will sign Darnell Washington and Theo Johnson at TE.

Just now, Carter said:

We haven’t really been recruiting Flowe too heavily for a while now. Sewell showed genuine interest in us and took priority there. 

Gilbert has been a roller coaster... he has been in Athens a lot and was thought to be a lock for a long time, but at some point he got it in his head that he should play WR. We’ve been straightforward with him from the jump that his future is at TE. He may come around eventually but it seems much more likely that we will sign Darnell Washington and Theo Johnson at TE.

which i am perfectly fine with B)