Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

336 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2019 at 0:54 AM, mike teevee said:

I don’t think I saw this mentioned, but Sentell confirmed Jordan Burch was there tonight. 

That has now been recanted by Sentell.   He made that claim based on a source he deemed reliable - he now says he will no longer consider the source reliable.

Burch wasn’t there.   Ugh

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

That has now been recanted by Sentell.   He made that claim based on a source he deemed reliable - he now says he will no longer consider the source reliable.

Burch wasn’t there.   Ugh

Not a big deal, Burch will be back on campus, likely multiple times, before December. I feel good about him at this moment 

g-dawg and L.A.Falcon Fan like this

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

There’s a QB in Hawaii that we are interested in as possibly a 2nd one in this class. That’s the rumor

Would the 2nd qb interest be because they are concerned about Mathis being cleared to ever play or Beck's disappointing year or something else?

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Not a big deal, Burch will be back on campus, likely multiple times, before December. I feel good about him at this moment 

i don't know what to make of Burch or Evans recruitment.

We might get them both and/or be the favorite but think it best just to assume otherwise and be pleasantly surprised when/if it happens rather than expect either of these guys on campus.

5 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Would the 2nd qb interest be because they are concerned about Mathis being cleared to ever play or Beck's disappointing year or something else?

If I'm not mistaken, typically should have 4-5 scholarship QBs on a roster.

Bdawg58 likes this

54 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

UGA never has that many.   When was the last time you can remember UGA having 5, much less 4 schollys at QB?

1 hour ago, LawDawg said:

we have needed to take 2 qbs in a class for a few years now.. we have far few qbs on campus.. teams want 4 to 5 qbs with a few of them ready to battle for playing time. 

7 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Found beck stats, like 45% comp % 5td 8 int .... wth- that would certainly be bad- 

he is being hammered in games.. they lost a lot of talent.. if he survives the season he will be fortunate. 

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

he is being hammered in games.. they lost a lot of talent.. if he survives the season he will be fortunate. 

Carson should have declared early :rolleyes:

Dang I heard Beck wasn't doing too well but his stats are putrid this year. Hope he balls out in Athens with all that talent around him. We will need him.. Mathis is not the answer and Fromm is going to the NFL after this season. 

Well either way that’s bad, Bennett is a serviceable # 2 but that’s his ceiling for a fan base and team wanting to compete w bama.. who knows on Mathis, thought beck would be good but def would need a year- hope Fromm stays sr season but don’t see it

Wardog357 likes this

Just now, Dawgfanbrock said:

Well either way that’s bad, Bennett is a serviceable # 2 but that’s his ceiling for a fan base and team wanting to compete w bama.. who knows on Mathis, thought beck would be good but def would need a year- hope Fromm stays sr season but don’t see it

fromm is a different cat and i could definitely see him stay..  right now our qb position isn't where it needs to be behind fromm if he does leave early..  either way next year we might take a grad transfer at the qb spot to compete, but we need 2 guys in this class for some sort of depth.  

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Found beck stats, like 45% comp % 5td 8 int .... wth- that would certainly be bad- 

Seriously go watch the highlights from this year for Beck. He’s getting hit Or chased every drop back, I feel sorry for him 

VA F.O. and Carter like this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

i don't know what to make of Burch or Evans recruitment.

We might get them both and/or be the favorite but think it best just to assume otherwise and be pleasantly surprised when/if it happens rather than expect either of these guys on campus.

Both have a lot of pressure to stay home and play for the local team. So it adds to why they might wait a little longer

g-dawg likes this

50 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I'm not sure what Fromm will do after this season but it wouldn't surprise me if he returned to Athens his senior season. 

D.B.N. and g-dawg like this

8 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Seriously go watch the highlights from this year for Beck. He’s getting hit Or chased every drop back, I feel sorry for him 

This

I'm not saying none of it is on him, but his line truly disintegrates on every.single.play and his receivers either don't get open, or drop/tip a lot of what he throws at them.

I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured this year, so he can be healthy for us (I know that's selfish, don't care).

Someone said it on another site, but as soon as they're eliminated from postseason contention, he just needs to sit, whether instituted by his coaches, or himself if he has to. It's that bad.

fibonaccisquared and Bdawg58 like this

13 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Both have a lot of pressure to stay home and play for the local team. So it adds to why they might wait a little longer

Yeah we saw George Pickens want no part in letting Auburn nor Alabama think that he was leaving the state.

Bdawg58 likes this

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah we saw George Pickens want no part in letting Auburn nor Alabama think that he was leaving the state.

Yeah, but that's a different animal than the Florida schools.  

g-dawg likes this

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, but that's a different animal than the Florida schools.  

Yeah but we were talking Burch(SCAR/CLEM) and Evans(ATM/TEX/LSU).

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah but we were talking Burch(SCAR/CLEM) and Evans(ATM/TEX/LSU).

My bad.  I was reading the Arian Smith cb going from bama to foggy and somehow merged that thought with your comment about Pickens.

g-dawg likes this