Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

336 posts in this topic

4 star Miami Central cornerback Henry Gray was scheduled to visit Florida this weekend. Florida guys had been saying he was a silent commit to the Gators as recently as last week. 

Gray just committed to Nebraska.

RxDawg, g-dawg, 95Dawg and 6 others like this

In similar news, one of their highest rated commits, Leonard Manuel, has supposedly dropped out of school. Supposedly, he just walked off the field during one of their games, and hasn't been seen on campus since.

8 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

In similar news, one of their highest rated commits, Leonard Manuel, has supposedly dropped out of school. Supposedly, he just walked off the field during one of their games, and hasn't been seen on campus since.

The more I watch Mullen, the less impressed I am.   I know he is supposed to be an offensive genius, but he simply doesn’t have the temperament, the recruiting chops, the ability to command his players or inspire the fanbase.

I just don’t see him lasting more than 4-5 years before the lack of success catches up to him.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The more I watch Mullen, the less impressed I am.   I know he is supposed to be an offensive genius, but he simply doesn’t have the temperament, the recruiting chops, the ability to command his players or inspire the fanbase.

I just don’t see him lasting more than 4-5 years before the lack of success catches up to him.

That long ??

20 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

That long ??

I hope it will be that long.  What’s his buyout?  Of course UF can pay it.

The great news is Mullen is so bad at recruiting - that every year he stays, the talent gets worse which will further handicap the next Florida Head Coach.

12 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Saw that posted as well.  Tried to warn the UF guys he’s not going to make it into IF.

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

Who's on committment watch this weekend? Washington? Anyone else?

Honestly, not sure I'd anticipate any specific commitments. It's possible, but to me seems more likely that in several weeks we start to have things trickle out. If I'm Kirby, I want next week to be a celebration of what was accomplished this weekend (presuming a win)... recruiting wins can trickle out over the following weeks to come.

27 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Honestly, not sure I'd anticipate any specific commitments. It's possible, but to me seems more likely that in several weeks we start to have things trickle out. If I'm Kirby, I want next week to be a celebration of what was accomplished this weekend (presuming a win)... recruiting wins can trickle out over the following weeks to come.

Well, here's hoping we get a couple of highly-regarded recruits after they experience the energy at Sanford.

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Go Dawgs. Like it’s been said before it won’t be completely over until December but I’m feeling really good it will stick

I hope you are right....

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Where did you hear that?

I believe it was one of the 247 broadcast with BA? Honestly, I wasn’t paying full attention to it but it definitely didn’t sound good for us.

Several member cbs came in for Evans not sure who but oh well... Milton will be good and gotta say I know it was just one run against a small time opponent but that cut and burst by mckintosh was impressive he may be better than expected 

29 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Of course right after I post that I get forwarded a screen shot of Bulldawg Bob agreeing that 3 commits are coming very soon. 

Finally, our imminent commitments are imminent.

L.A.Falcon Fan and RxDawg like this

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Several member cbs came in for Evans not sure who but oh well... Milton will be good and gotta say I know it was just one run against a small time opponent but that cut and burst by mckintosh was impressive he may be better than expected 

The one from the OSU guy was for us, but the one later from the Baylor guy was for LSU, the first and so far only for them. He claims he posted it because an inside source told him Evans was headed that way, but admitted the kid is unpredictable. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

There have also been numerous as of late CBs for Flowe to Clemson, including the latest one from Rusty

Makes me wonder if a commit may be imminent. 

So far the only OV I see scheduled for him is the one to Clemson in November, but he has said he plans on taking others, though obviously that would change if he commits there.

I would really hate to lose Flowe, especially to them, since, I'd find it very hard to see how we could take the #1 class if they got another commit that highly rated.

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

There have also been numerous as of late CBs for Flowe to Clemson, including the latest one from Rusty

Makes me wonder if a commit may be imminent. 

So far the only OV I see scheduled for him is the one to Clemson in November, but he has said he plans on taking others, though obviously that would change if he commits there.

I would really hate to lose Flowe, especially to them, since, I'd find it very hard to see how we could take the #1 class if they got another commit that highly rated.

We backed off Flowe awhile back. We've been all in on Sewell for months.