Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

336 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Matt DeBary from Dawgpost stating the following out of state guys won't be able to show - all commits - confirmed directly with him:

Mekhail Sherman

Sedrick Van Pran

Jalen Kimber

Corey Wren(doubtful)

I’m not concerned with Sherman or Kimber, they are as solid as solid gets. SVP and Wren being from Louisiana always makes worry about flipping even there’s no reason to think that with these guys. 

24 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’m not concerned with Sherman or Kimber, they are as solid as solid gets. SVP and Wren being from Louisiana always makes worry about flipping even there’s no reason to think that with these guys. 

Yeah DeBary wasn't making it out like these guys were wavering - just couldn't come for whatever reason - it's not exactly easy to come from several states over on a weekend - no matter how exciting.

He didn't make it out like any of these guys were wavering on their commitments.

Bdawg58 likes this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah DeBary wasn't making it out like these guys were wavering - just couldn't come for whatever reason - it's not exactly easy to come from several states over on a weekend - no matter how exciting.

He didn't make it out like any of these guys were wavering on their commitments.

Yeah I get it. It’s easier if it’s their OV because the school picks up the travel cost but just for a visit can add up especially since they most likely would have to fly in 

g-dawg likes this

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Americus has some new crootin updates over at his site.

What site is that?

Just thought I’d post this in here because what happened with Fields was significant and it’s hard to know how it might impact kids we are trying to recruit.

I like to watch him play and I don’t hold any ill will toward him, but I’m really annoyed by the fans who don’t get it.

We have a lot of fans who play this narrative against UGA and the fanbase in general, some on this very board. The racial stuff was a bogus excuse just to get him eligible at Ohio State. It’s bs and y’all need to stop.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Just thought I’d post this in here because what happened with Fields was significant and it’s hard to know how it might impact kids we are trying to recruit.

I like to watch him play and I don’t hold any ill will toward him, but I’m really annoyed by the fans who don’t get it.

We have a lot of fans who play this narrative against UGA and the fanbase in general, some on this very board. The racial stuff was a bogus excuse just to get him eligible at Ohio State. It’s bs and y’all need to stop.

Exactamundo.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

21 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

I bet OSU has a few racists too. But I guess he's fine with that since he's the starter there. ;)

But, but, but...  he has since given up (apparently) his life long dream of playing college baseball.

What a shame the racism at UGA caused him to lose out on that at OSU too.

sdogg likes this

2021 top QB Caleb Williams out of the DC area has been confirmed by Rivals staff to be visiting UGA this weekend.

Very reminiscent of Deshaun Watson in his size and talent if you haven’t seen any of him.

Very big target to get on campus.

LawDawg, g-dawg, sdogg and 6 others like this

From Sentell:

Something for you good folks to think about and consider tonight.....Georgia continues to recruit Auburn RB commit Tank Bigsby. Hard. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him take a visit. Maybe even this weekend for ☘️ in Athens. 

Could happen. Might not. But it could.

Carter, sdogg and Wardog357 like this

22 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

From Sentell:

Something for you good folks to think about and consider tonight.....Georgia continues to recruit Auburn RB commit Tank Bigsby. Hard. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him take a visit. Maybe even this weekend for ☘️ in Athens. 

I like that UGA is basically continually recruiting to the end.  Dell and Kirbster aren’t just gonna sit around passively and hope Evans commits.   I suspect UGA will actively recruit all to the end, no matter what, just in case.

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I like that UGA is basically continually recruiting to the end.  Dell and Kirbster aren’t just gonna sit around passively and hope Evans commits.   I suspect UGA will actively recruit all to the end, no matter what, just in case.

I agree.

59 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You don't get to the #1 recruiting class by wrapping it and hoping you have it in the bag.  Kirby's gonna go full tilt until the end and the reason I believe we always close strong.  You gotta be relentless in your pursuit of the guys you want.

16 hours ago, Carter said:

Let's be honest, racism can be found on EVERY campus. But I will say my daughter will never attend a school in Mississippi because they seem to be more open about it

26 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Let's be honest, racism can be found on EVERY campus. But I will say my daughter will never attend a school in Mississippi because they seem to be more open about it

Can you cite specifics?  I lived in Mississippi (near Ole Miss) for almost 10 years and it was no worse than Georgia as far as I can tell.  

39 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Can you cite specifics?  I lived in Mississippi (near Ole Miss) for almost 10 years and it was no worse than Georgia as far as I can tell.  

It's the only remaining state in the country that still incorporates the confederate battle flag in its state flag. That, in and of itself, is not indicative of racism, but it does say something.

we will have a number of guys committed elsewhere visiting.  i am sure there are a number not listed that will show up..  a lot of players will come for the atmosphere and to see a top 10 matchup game.  

12 hours ago, Carter said:

2021 top QB Caleb Williams out of the DC area has been confirmed by Rivals staff to be visiting UGA this weekend.

Very reminiscent of Deshaun Watson in his size and talent if you haven’t seen any of him.

huge visit..  we might not get any commits this weekend, but this type of weekend will lead to a bunch of commits later.  the atmosphere and this weekend's build up is going to be huge. 

14 hours ago, Carter said:

The report has been that if Stanford offers, he's theirs. Wiltfong actually put in a CB for him to Stanford despite them having not even offered.

Hopefully we can make enough of a connection with, and possibly his parents being the key factor here, that even if he gets that offer, this'll feel like home to him.

9 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

From Sentell:

I see us as waiting for Evan to get the stuff with his team straight, and then we take his commitment. I honestly think he'd already have committed otherwise. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:30 AM, Turkeydawg said:

Per 247:

Ja’Qurious Conley, who is a current UNC commit, has a committable offer from UGA.  Might be hard to flip him, since he was wanting an offer before summer was over and before he decided on a school.

Rusty also said that UGA is recruiting Jimmy Calloway, who is a current Tennessee wr commit.  He doesn't have an offer from UGA currently, but he is a 5-11, 175 pound 10.7 100m guy.  Rusty expects his stock to rise.

Yeah, I don't know. I mean, this is kinda late, and whose spot would they take? We'll see, but I see this as like that thing with the Alabama OL, who I NEVER thought would get a commitable offer from us. This is more keeping our options open just to make sure we don't get left at the alter. I can't see either of these guys being at the top of our board for their positions.