Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

336 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Any truth to LSU gaining steam with Evans?  They seem to think we’re trying to flip Tank now instead.

Could be but this battle isn’t over for any team until he actually signs. Personally, I still believe he is all dawg at this moment but as we know things can change 

g-dawg likes this

15 hours ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Does anyone have a list yet of what recruits went to UGA this past weekend?

Likely would have been younger kids... 2021 and out

13 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Any truth to LSU gaining steam with Evans?  They seem to think we’re trying to flip Tank now instead.

That’s ridiculous.   I saw the same post on SECRant.

Dawgs aren’t gonna be trying to flip Tank.  They had him and let him go.   Auburn looks like they will have a decent season this year with only obvious likely losses of Bama, LSU and UGA.  I don’t see Tank waffling.

15 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Yes a ton of truth. LSU was his very first offer and a few of his former North Shore teammates are already on the roster at LSU. They were always a player in this. I mentioned them a while back when I first started talking about Evans not leaving Texas, I said if he does it would be LSU. We have done a tremendous job recruiting him though and we have no reason at this point to not feel optimistic that he will be a Dawg. We will have to maintain that commitment if/when we get it though.

Ship has sailed on Tank. He was ready to commit and we told him no. If things ultimately change with Evans, I’m confident Tank will not be the guy we sign unfortunately. I really like Tank a lot.

g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

I really like Tank a lot.

Me too.  Looks like we would turn our attention to Chaney and Lloyd.  I would hope Gibbs would be in the conversation too.

95Dawg likes this

How has Carson beck done so far this season? Is there a site u can search hs kids to check on our recruits stats for the season?

sdogg likes this

39 minutes ago, Carter said:

This one is for a surprising new commitment!

2021 4 star DB David Daniel of Woodstock, GA

Whoa.  That is huge!

On 9/10/2019 at 0:48 PM, Carter said:

Yes a ton of truth. LSU was his very first offer and a few of his former North Shore teammates are already on the roster at LSU. They were always a player in this. I mentioned them a while back when I first started talking about Evans not leaving Texas, I said if he does it would be LSU. We have done a tremendous job recruiting him though and we have no reason at this point to not feel optimistic that he will be a Dawg. We will have to maintain that commitment if/when we get it though.

Ship has sailed on Tank. He was ready to commit and we told him no. If things ultimately change with Evans, I’m confident Tank will not be the guy we sign unfortunately. I really like Tank a lot.

I always thought Tank was the best back in Georgia until I saw Cedartown's Kobe Pryor.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

A few items from 247:

- Theo Johnson and Darnell Washington will both be getting to town on Friday.

- No Zach Evans this weekend.  He has to get his high school issue taken care of, but is still in constant communication with the UGA staff.

- Made some calls on some players that are looking to redshirt that are doing good as well. They are both likely redshirt and that is not a surprise, but I am told that Zion Logue and Tymon Mitchell are both doing well and have gotten better when the pads came on. That also played a role in a player in the 2020 class no longer being committed to Georgia on the defensive line.

K Milton will be in town this weekend and has been working on recruiting others.

Z Walker will be in town this weekend, but though Rusty thinks he will be in this class, he also expects him to take some visits before making a decision.

Ringo is trying to make it to Athens this weekend, but if he does, it will not be his official.

Noah Sewell should be in Athens on Saturday by noon.

Here’s the most updated list I’ve seen 

QB- Carson Beck
RB- Kendall Milton
RB- EJ Smith
WR- Marcus Rosemy
WR- Justin Robinson
WR- Corey Wren
TE- Darnell Washington (OV)
TE- Theo Johnson (OV)
OL- Broderick Jones
OL- Tate Ratledge
OL- Sedrick Van Pran
OL- Joshua Braun
DL- Jordan Burch
DL- Zykeivous Walker
DL- Jalen Carter
DL- Nazir Stackhouse
DL- Warren Brinson
LB- Mekhail Sherman
LB- Noah Sewell (OV)
DB- Kelee Ringo
DB- Jalen Kimber
DB- Dwight McGlothern
K- Jared Zirkel

OL- Amarius Mims
OL- Micah Morris
OL- Jared Wilson
WR - Deion Colzie
DL- Payton Page
LB- Barrett Carter
DB- James Williams
DB- David Daniel
DB- Bralyn Oliver

wish we could get

2020 DT Gervon Dexter(UF commit)

2021 DE Korey Foreman (Top 5 player)

2021 QB Caleb Williams (#1 Dual Threat QB)

to show up, but that is nit-picking - heckuva strong list and glad to see the top guys already committed mostly all coming.

Per 247:

Ja’Qurious Conley, who is a current UNC commit, has a committable offer from UGA.  Might be hard to flip him, since he was wanting an offer before summer was over and before he decided on a school.

Rusty also said that UGA is recruiting Jimmy Calloway, who is a current Tennessee wr commit.  He doesn't have an offer from UGA currently, but he is a 5-11, 175 pound 10.7 100m guy.  Rusty expects his stock to rise.

95Dawg and Ovie_Lover like this

Matt DeBary from Dawgpost stating the following out of state guys won't be able to show - all commits - confirmed directly with him:

Mekhail Sherman

Sedrick Van Pran

Jalen Kimber

Corey Wren(doubtful)