Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

336 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

SoFL has mentioned numerous times over the last few months about being fed up with Stackhouse's antics and continued flirtations with other schools, even after agreeing to "shut things down." 

Not good enough to be an *******

Ovie_Lover and g-dawg like this

Jahmyr Gibbs is lighting it up this year.  Highly doubt he sticks with GT.  I read that OSU just offered him.  That kid has some sick moves and is gonna be a beast in college.  The rb class for 2020 is so loaded.

i like gibbs a lot, but osu offering him says a lot about their failures at recruiting rbs.. they continue to lose out on target after target after target.. good for gibbs he got an osu offer.  they might win one for a change. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Bama fans on the Rant are now saying  "Bama is no longer pursuing Zach Evans"  - and we cannot afford a lockerroom cancer.  LMAO - that is a nice way to bow out of a recruitment you were losing.  The old "we didn't want him anyway" schtick.

morons they are.. commitment from evans they would accept. 

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

morons they are.. commitment from evans they would accept. 

yes they would.     Takes a certain arrogance to think that sometimes you don't just "get beat" on the trail.   Even the vaunted BAMA loses recruits - gotta be hard on them having to share spotlight w/ Clemson and now we are nudging our way in - I believe once UGA gets our first Natty, will be a little easier the 2nd/3rd time.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Jahmyr Gibbs is lighting it up this year.  Highly doubt he sticks with GT.  I read that OSU just offered him.  That kid has some sick moves and is gonna be a beast in college.  The rb class for 2020 is so loaded.

I still maintain he might be the highest upside back in the state...

95Dawg likes this

6 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I still maintain he might be the highest upside back in the state...

you could very well be right.. he runs a lot like james cook IMO.  it will be interesting to see what happens with Evans and if we do pursue Gibbs at all.  very talented young man and good for him that bigger programs are now noticing. 

SoFL_Dawg

I do not believe that post from recruitology happened and has since been retracted. The secondary source here has camped with a teammate of Zach’s. I’ve exchanged messages with his father. Players leaked what happened in locker room before being silenced. He did not curse his teammates or quit. He was yelling to give him the ********* ball at half time and after the game told his coaches the play calling was trash in front of the team. There was a private meeting last Friday where he was then suspended.

Based on my sources, two in this case, it is true that a confrontation happened with his coaches over his utilization. He was suspended up to 3 games, eligible to return after serving 1, provided the stipulations of his suspension are met. He did not curse teammates or quit the team. That narrative was embellished.

Edited by RandomFan

Off subject wasn’t thrilled w coleys play calling - wish we’d dip outside w the run Instead of every run strait up the guy-  BUT TE use was great today, Washington and Theo should be happy

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Off subject wasn’t thrilled w coleys play calling - wish we’d dip outside w the run Instead of every run strait up the guy-  BUT TE use was great today, Washington and Theo should be happy

Yeah, Eli Wolf is looking solid. Both he and Woerner getting targets. 

I still want Washington, Johnson, AND Gilbert.   I’d take all 3 in a heartbeat. And tell Gilbert he can play whatever the frick he wants.  I’d love to see Gilbert blocking DB’s for our RB’s on outside run plays or being a mismatched possession receiver outside. 

I had seen that Clemson picked up a commit from a 4* WR and was hoping that would be a good sign for us with Arian Smith, but it was a 2021 prospect, Dacari Collins from Powder Springs. Anyone familiar with the kid? Is that a loss for us at all?

5 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I had seen that Clemson picked up a commit from a 4* WR and was hoping that would be a good sign for us with Arian Smith, but it was a 2021 prospect, Dacari Collins from Powder Springs. Anyone familiar with the kid? Is that a loss for us at all?

Hard to know if he was one of our top targets. WR is pretty deep next year from what I understand, but Collins is a big time player already and kids tend to stick to Clemson when they commit... even this far out. We'll get ours. Especially if Drob, Landers and Pickens keep showing out when we actually throw.

An update from the resident plugged in Clemson fan over at DawgNation: 

Think you all would like to know Burch didn’t show at Clemson yesterday after telling the staff he’d be there. He didn’t go to USC either. If he shows up in Athens in a couple weeks when ND comes to town, I think that should say a lot.

Arian Smith did show. Didn’t get an offer...yet. Still unsure if he gets one, but I’ve been told he fits the character profile. I think the deciding factor may end up being track. UGA has the advantage there. We’ll see.

Edited by RandomFan

1 hour ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Does anyone have a list yet of what recruits went to UGA this past weekend?

Never saw a list nor even much talk about recruiting related stuff at the game. Think we are primed for the Notre Dame game to be a huge recruiting weekend.

g-dawg likes this

28 minutes ago, Carter said:

Never saw a list nor even much talk about recruiting related stuff at the game. Think we are primed for the Notre Dame game to be a huge recruiting weekend.

Yeah, I doubt Kirby & Co even want recruits at these Directional School games.   I mean, sure they don’t mind if they come but no OVs to anyone of substance.