Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

337 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Per Rusty this a.m., Evans is still a take.

Yeah I didn’t think UGA would send Dell to see him if he wasn’t a take. We all knew there was a good chance he wouldn’t choose us in the end, so I’m not going to be that fan that says just because he doesn’t choose us means we backed off. I’m sure we are doing our due diligence to make sure character won’t be an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yeah I didn’t think UGA would send Dell to see him if he wasn’t a take. We all knew there was a good chance he wouldn’t choose us in the end, so I’m not going to be that fan that says just because he doesn’t choose us means we backed off. I’m sure we are doing our due diligence to make sure character won’t be an issue. 

Or that he would choose us and then flip on ESD.  Which is still very possible.

JeffSentell

10:00AM edited 10:02AM

In terms of the 2nd RB for this class...... it seems Smart to keep in mind that both Wren or 4-star WR target Arian Smith could both absolutely do a lot of the same things that James Cook is doing right now as one of the five RBs in the room for Georgia on the 2019 roster.

That would be some efficient scholarship slotting for the 2020 class when that big-time No. 2 RB is not available.

I'm hearing that the current thinking is to take just one RB in the 2021 class at this time. For now.

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

JeffSentell

10:00AM edited 10:02AM

In terms of the 2nd RB for this class...... it seems Smart to keep in mind that both Wren or 4-star WR target Arian Smith could both absolutely do a lot of the same things that James Cook is doing right now as one of the five RBs in the room for Georgia on the 2019 roster.

That would be some efficient scholarship slotting for the 2020 class when that big-time No. 2 RB is not available.

I'm hearing that the current thinking is to take just one RB in the 2021 class at this time. For now.

What is Cook doing? This isn’t a knock on Cook, but more of a knock on our coaches. He’s hardly  being used at all. 

12 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Does that include this year?

yep i believe we take back to back 2 rb classes.. we are losing 2 rbs after this season and could very well lose 2 after next year as well.. the rb spot gets plenty of injuries due to the how many physical that position is and we lean so much on our running game I don't see taking 1 in either class.  

13 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep i believe we take back to back 2 rb classes.. we are losing 2 rbs after this season and could very well lose 2 after next year as well.. the rb spot gets plenty of injuries due to the how many physical that position is and we lean so much on our running game I don't see taking 1 in either class.  

I agree.  I want 2 in each.

21 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

So much for all those public commits we were getting immediately following the notre dame game lol

Fixed it for you. 

:lol:

Caleb Williams got a Clemson offer.  Sentell said that is significant.  He also said that he doesn’t think DJ could keep Williams off the field for 2 years, due to CW’s mobility.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Caleb Williams got a Clemson offer.  Sentell said that is significant.  He also said that he doesn’t think DJ could keep Williams off the field for 2 years, due to CW’s mobility.

Who is DJ?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. DJ Uiagalelei.

Edited by AutumnEffect

3 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

So much for all those commits we were getting immediately following the notre dame game lol

But we did get them, just not public ones. Patience.