Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

337 posts in this topic

Welp, that should just about wrap it up for Smith then. Really wish we could have landed that kid, but can't blame him for going to a more pass happy scheme. 

43 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Welp, that should just about wrap it up for Smith then. Really wish we could have landed that kid, but can't blame him for going to a more pass happy scheme. 

Dammit... 

53 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

can't blame him.. he really wanted clemson.. that is going to hurt.. elite speed. 

5 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Well either way that’s bad, Bennett is a serviceable # 2 but that’s his ceiling for a fan base and team wanting to compete w bama.. who knows on Mathis, thought beck would be good but def would need a year- hope Fromm stays sr season but don’t see it

Theres always the portal too. LSU won big time by getting their transfer.

g-dawg and sdogg like this

59 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Theres always the portal too. LSU won big time by getting their transfer.

So did Oklahoma - TWICE - now going on THIRD time.

Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and now Jalen Hurts - are you Ucking Kidding me?

AutumnEffect and Wardog357 like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

So did Oklahoma - TWICE - now going on THIRD time.

Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and now Jalen Hurts - are you Ucking Kidding me?

Ten years ago what do you think would surprise us more? Two consecutive freshman Heisman winners or 3 consecutive Oklahoma transfer QBs? :D

g-dawg and fibonaccisquared like this

Wish list for the rest of this class

• Darnell Washington - I really like our chances w/ him
  • Theo Johnson - same, I think him and Washington form an elite tandem at the TE position
  • Keelee Ringo - I think he has been a silent commit since G-Day, and would love to see him in Red and Black
  • Zach Evans - not sure at this point where we stand with him, i was feeling really good but word of him at ATM plus his struggles... not sure at this point
  • Burch 
L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

• Theo Johnson - same, I think him and Washington form an elite tandem at the TE position
  • Keelee Ringo - I think he has been a silent commit since G-Day, and would love to see him in Red and Black
  • Zach Evans - not sure at this point where we stand with him, i was feeling really good but word of him at ATM plus his struggles... not sure at this point
  • Burch 

4 of the 5 look really promising and Evans is a wonder tbh

D.B.N. likes this

3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

• Burch 

you forgot Noah Sewell.

I can just picture him being a friggin' beast all over the field.   To compare to another Samoan - think Junior Seau in his prime - only faster and bigger.

14 hours ago, g-dawg said:

you forgot Noah Sewell.

I can just picture him being a friggin' beast all over the field.   To compare to another Samoan - think Junior Seau in his prime - only faster and bigger.

I forgot about Sewell. Sewell and Dean manning the inside with Nolan and Sherman outside rushing

g-dawg likes this

14 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

4 of the 5 look really promising and Evans is a wonder tbh

Evans is a wonder. Word is he hasn't been having too good of a season? Wonder what's going on w/ him. Either way,  I like where we are at RB with Cook, Milton, Zues, Macinstosh moving forward so he is not necessarily a must-get imo. 

Any word on Arik Gilbert and Justin Flowe? I feel both are leaning towards Clemson... seems Gilbert does all he can to stay away from Athens...

8 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Any word on Arik Gilbert and Justin Flowe? I feel both are leaning towards Clemson... seems Gilbert does all he can to stay away from Athens...

Gilbert to Bama and Flowe to Clemscum, imo.

21 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Gilbert to Bama and Flowe to Clemscum, imo.

Flowe and Bresee on that defense :argh:

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

We haven’t really been recruiting Flowe too heavily for a while now. Sewell showed genuine interest in us and took priority there. 

Gilbert has been a roller coaster... he has been in Athens a lot and was thought to be a lock for a long time, but at some point he got it in his head that he should play WR. We’ve been straightforward with him from the jump that his future is at TE. He may come around eventually but it seems much more likely that we will sign Darnell Washington and Theo Johnson at TE.

Just now, Carter said:

We haven’t really been recruiting Flowe too heavily for a while now. Sewell showed genuine interest in us and took priority there. 

Gilbert has been a roller coaster... he has been in Athens a lot and was thought to be a lock for a long time, but at some point he got it in his head that he should play WR. We’ve been straightforward with him from the jump that his future is at TE. He may come around eventually but it seems much more likely that we will sign Darnell Washington and Theo Johnson at TE.

which i am perfectly fine with B)