Carter

September 2019 Recruiting Thread

337 posts in this topic

The season is upon us so news will be changing a little bit since kids are pretty much focused on their final season of HS ball and fitting in visits where they can. 

It’s fun to follow those visits and the chatter surrounding them though!

4 star 2021 RB/ATH Lovasea Carroll has decommitted from South Carolina. Georgia kid who transferred to IMG. He has been a target for the 2021 class. 

58 minutes ago, Carter said:

4 star 2021 RB/ATH Lovasea Carroll has decommitted from South Carolina. Georgia kid who transferred to IMG. He has been a target for the 2021 class. 

Nice.

From SoFL Dawg:

High confidence/strong positioning: Evans, Ringo, Sewell, Washington, T. Johnson, Z. Walker

Moderate confidence/toss up as in the top 2: Arian Smith, Jordan Burch, Gervon Dexter, Elias Ricks, Avantae Williams

Low confidence/work to do: Arik Gilbert, Justin Flowe

Cali Visionz and g-dawg like this

16 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

From SoFL Dawg:

High confidence/strong positioning: Evans, Ringo, Sewell, Washington, T. Johnson, Z. Walker

Moderate confidence/toss up as in the top 2: Arian Smith, Jordan Burch, Gervon Dexter, Elias Ricks, Avantae Williams

Low confidence/work to do: Arik Gilbert, Justin Flowe

also from SoFL Dawg (more personal comment from him):

I’m operating off of the assumption that we currently have 16 commits (I wish it was 15 commits) so that leaves 7-8 at most without the blueshirt. Agree at most 9 spots as best case scenario based on what we feel today with BS. I’d move the offensive guys to the top 1 RB, 2 TEs as the position needs are a definite.

Remaining 6, my personal priorities would be:

1. Burch
  2. Ringo
  3. Dexter
  4. Sewell
  5. Ricks
  6. BPA (Smith, Walker, Williams in that order)
Cali Visionz likes this

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

It would be great if those Evan's rumors are true

Tex A&M twitter account is warming up again.

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

It would be great if those Evan's rumors are true

So the rumor is it’s the grandfather or deceased grandfather’s birthday on Thursday and Evans wants to commit then?  Is that what it is?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

So the rumor is it’s the grandfather or deceased grandfather’s birthday on Thursday and Evans wants to commit then?  Is that what it is?

Supposedly but obviously I haven’t heard any confirmation on that. 

g-dawg likes this

So wild speculation today on why EVANS got suspended and/or kicked off the team.   Some messageboard posters already basically saying he is a cancer and Dawgs may not want him anymore.

Seems like a lot of innuendo and assuming the worst.   Good grief.

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

So wild speculation today on why EVANS got suspended and/or kicked off the team.   Some messageboard posters already basically saying he is a cancer and Dawgs may not want him anymore.

Seems like a lot of innuendo and assuming the worst.   Good grief.

I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone.

The Bama narrative on this kid has been "maturity issues" for some time now, mostly because he's not going there.

55 minutes ago, Carter said:

I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone.

The Bama narrative on this kid has been "maturity issues" for some time now, mostly because he's not going there.

Good Lord if we based it on whether a 17 or 18 year old kid was mature or not we would eliminate a lot of players.

g-dawg and Carter like this

I have yet to see the idea of him being suspended from anyone other than Alabama trolls

When someone with credibility posts it let me know 

g-dawg likes this

SoFL_Dawg, who is usually in the know, posted this on Dawgnation:

On Evans, I’m confident that he was suspended as I’ve heard that from my source. Following his first HS game, he confronted his coaches on his utilization, and whatever he said or however he said it earned him a suspension. We don’t know what was said. I’m hearing it’s up to a 3 game suspension, with eligibility to return after serving 1, provided he meets his suspension stipulations.

The expulsion made its rounds late last night and still not yet confirmed by my primary source but this source gets info as well.

Thats all we have for now. Don’t know the impact (if any) with UGA. These things are monitored closely by staff for obvious reasons.

Northshore plays tonight. If Evans is indeed absent, there may be more clarity provided then. 

Timelines going around about committing today, I’d probably temper expectations there but I haven’t heard either way.

Doesn’t seem like anything to get worked up about yet. 

1 hour ago, Cali Visionz said:

In his defense, his coaches deserved some tough “coaching up” with the way they coached that game.

10 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Absolutely, no reason to have the best back in the country and not give him 20+ touches

It's that good old trickery coaching.... they expect us to use our best player, so this time WE WON'T! They will never see it coming. 

38 rushing yards.

Maybe they just want to keep him fresh for the playoffs lol

21 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Absolutely, no reason to have the best back in the country and not give him 20+ touches

Maybe overthinking it but almost seems like coach was trying to prove how smart he was by going against his bread and butter - EVANS on a nationally televised game.   

Don’t know what Evans did and not excusing misbehavior or insubordination- but you could understand Evans being frustrated.

From Smallwood, re: Evans

"There is a lot of false information in this thread. Look, we are told there was some sort of discipline issue. We are told he will not play tonight in the game. Is he suspended? We have heard he was, but we have not heard to what extent or at what level. Is he kicked off the team? We have not heard that if he is. I told you all yesterday I could not guarantee you that a commit would come this week.......that is the nature of the beast when dealing with these five-star guys especially across the country. I also told you we would have the story if/when it pops. 

We got you on this one.......but let's not throw the kid under the bus for no reason."

Wardog357 likes this