LouDog

Eric Berry?

34 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

As long as he’s willing to accept a pure reserve/insurance role, he’ll yeah. But he’s been a free agent for quite some time now. Everyone may think he’s damaged goods at this point

I'd atleast bring him in for a workout. And since he has been a FA for a while he would probably be more willing to take a reserve role

Edited by LouDog
ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I'd atleast bring him in for a workout. And since he has been a FA for a while he would probably be more willing to take a reserve role

I figured Dallas would have signed him. When they didn’t I figured something was fishy. I agree with everything that has been said since he became a free agent. 

Either teams don’t trust him due to his injury history or he’s asking for to much money. Like you said he’s been a free agent for so long he may accept a reserve role but I honestly think in his head he still thinks he’s a pro bowl safety 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I figured Dallas would have signed him. When they didn’t I figured something was fishy. I agree with everything that has been said since he became a free agent. 

Either teams don’t trust him due to his injury history or he’s asking for to much money. Like you said he’s been a free agent for so long he may accept a reserve role but I honestly think in his head he still thinks he’s a pro bowl safety 

If he is finally healthy he very well may still be a pro bowl safety. And if he is we wouldnt have a spot for him. But he is one of the few FAs I would actually want us to take a look at. Have always been a big fan of his. And Dallas is probably trying to save all their cash to sign that terrible QB of theirs to a massive contract :lol:

FalconsZone7 likes this

6 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If he is finally healthy he very well may still be a pro bowl safety. And if he is we wouldnt have a spot for him. But he is one of the few FAs I would actually want us to take a look at. Have always been a big fan of his. And Dallas is probably trying to save all their cash to sign that terrible QB of theirs to a massive contract :lol:

Dallas has a bad situation on their hands contract wise. But that’s what happens when you have so many good players and I’m not including Dak in that sentence at all. Byron Jones needs to be paid, Zeke, Cooper(who I feel is overrated by them), Tyron Smith signed a horrible contract for how good he is. 

But back on track, like you said if he has a clean bill of health then it would be a waste of time. Someone is going to overpay him though

LouDog likes this

I don't think we can afford him. Cap won't let us. Lol we sitting under 1mill after the Bryant signing.

Edited by arrogantBEAST

2 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

I don't think we can afford him. Call won't let us. Lol we sitting under 1mill after the Bryant signing.

According to over the cap the falcons are actually 500k over the cap. Side note, there’s a lot of teams eating a lot of dead cap space, didn’t realize that

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

arrogantBEAST likes this

30 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Just saw on facebook that Eric Berry is a free agent. Worth a look?

I would want too. A unhealthy berry is better then our back ups behind Neal and Allen.... (Kazee is nickel)

Knight of God and LouDog like this

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dallas has a bad situation on their hands contract wise. But that’s what happens when you have so many good players and I’m not including Dak in that sentence at all. Byron Jones needs to be paid, Zeke, Cooper(who I feel is overrated by them), Tyron Smith signed a horrible contract for how good he is. 

But back on track, like you said if he has a clean bill of health then it would be a waste of time. Someone is going to overpay him though

Honestly I'm not sure if I would give Zeke or Cooper a big contract. Zeke is a beast but the way the league is now, you can't really afford to pay a RB a massive contract like you use to. And while I'm a Cooper fan, I think he will want a lot more than he is worth.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Honestly I'm not sure if I would give Zeke or Cooper a big contract. Zeke is a beast but the way the league is now, you can't really afford to pay a RB a massive contract like you use to. And while I'm a Cooper fan, I think he will want a lot more than he is worth.

I’ll put it this way. Their main guys on their offensive line is taken care of for the near future and they don’t have to worry about them at all but Zeke drives that offense. Without Zeke, Dak already proved he can’t handle the load. Zeke stays healthy and produces and that’s what you want.  The only issue with Zeke is that he keeps getting in trouble for being an idiot. Out of the 3, I think he’s the only one actually worth what he’s asking for

LouDog likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll put it this way. Their main guys on their offensive line is taken care of for the near future and they don’t have to worry about them at all but Zeke drives that offense. Without Zeke, Dak already proved he can’t handle the load. Zeke stays healthy and produces and that’s what you want.  The only issue with Zeke is that he keeps getting in trouble for being an idiot. Out of the 3, I think he’s the only one actually worth what he’s asking for

I agree on that. If they are going to give Zeke a big contract they should move on from Dak. Would be a lot easier to afford Zeke if your QB is on a rookie contract for the next few years.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

I agree on that. If they are going to give Zeke a big contract they should move on from Dak. Would be a lot easier to afford Zeke if your QB is on a rookie contract for the next few years.

Yep. I get why they like Dak but it’s bad when Romo was a better qb with a similar offense. In the end I think they’re going to lose one. Recent reports say they were trying to get Zeke done this weekend 

LouDog likes this

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Soo who sits ?? Allen or Neal :huh: cuz Berry dam sure ain't taking a backseat to nobody 

If its his only chance to play he might. He has been a FA for a while. Some money coming in is better than no money coming in.

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

If its his only chance to play he might. He has been a FA for a while. Some money coming in is better than no money coming in.

Lol he ain't taking a backseat to Allen or Neal. A top safety and probowler. Whether he is still that or not , regardless he is not sitting behind those two. Berry will go to a team that needs a safety 

Edited by caponine

45 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

According to over the cap the falcons are actually 500k over the cap. Side note, there’s a lot of teams eating a lot of dead cap space, didn’t realize that

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Dang... See. Well I'm sure once we get this Julio deal done, it should relieve some cap. 

Just pay the man!!

ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol he ain't taking a backseat to Allen or Neal. A top safety and probowler. Whether he is still that or not , regardless he is not sitting behind those two. Berry will go to a team that needs a safety 

From watching him put here in KC, I’m sure he wouldn’t start over those 2.   Now he may have been training like heck and improved his speed but last year in KC, that wasn’t Eric Berry

At this point ....No.

I would not have minded bringing him in during camp but now the bullets of flying for real.

If he sucks now it actually hurts us.

Always been a big fan of The 5th Dimension. Would love to see us sign him for depth so he can get his ring this season. 

Doubt it happens, but I would love to somehow see it.

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

And were going to pay him with 3d printed money as soon as Blank gives the green light. 

We could have some cap relief if/when we re-sign Julio