Would you kick the tires on Noah Spence?

I would definitely give Noah a try... Vic has one year left, Allen Bailey's can be cut after a year, if he doesn't perform and Campbell is a solid piece, but can be upgraded and has a contract becoming due. If we believe in DQ's coaching ability, giving him someone with the raw tools of Spence is a no brainer in my book... I would much rather take a swing at Spence, than keep Hill, Ortiz and Duke. 

PS... for some reason people suddenly believe our defense is fine and is now comfortable... and I'm wondering why

Edited by ramonezy

18 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Why would we? He’s not that good. I don’t like Polite at all and was one of the very few here that saw dude as a bust, but I would take Polite over this guy just based on the lowered expectations and hopefully lower frequency of “best of all time” posts about him.

Why would you take someone like Polite who what I seen just gave up after being drafted... over a guy who has a health concern also has a bit of talent ...that has experience in the nfl has a dang good motor... I understand not wanting someone but to bring in a Ray Edwards like attitude (Polite)

Polite

so first you have to try and teach drive..... hard to have here when you wont be a starter like he could have been for the jets... makes me think you cant teach him that...

Then after that you have to teach him how to play in the nfl... 

Then hope he can keep his mind right so it's not a waste of time because next year he has to do it all over again...

Now everyone has there own opinion...... but I'm shocked you would take (Polite) over a guy that kind of fits the sceam and attitude of what dann Quinn wants. Like (Spence)

Just now, AllStarHandyMan said:

Hey he still showed he could.... win against 2nd string OL when he played against us lol

I’ll put it this way. He had a solid rookie season and has been hampered with injuries since. He didn’t fit as a OLB in their new system and tbh if you’re going to bring him in you may as well give Larkin a shot on the main roster. Spence isn’t going to replace anyone currently on the roster, not even Cominsky. 

1 hour ago, ramonezy said:

I would definitely give Noah a try... Vic has one year left, Allen Bailey's can be cut after a year, if he doesn't perform and Campbell is a solid piece, but can be upgraded and has a contract becoming due. If we believe in DQ's coaching ability, giving him someone with the raw tools of Spence is a no brainer in my book... I would much rather take a swing at Spence, than keep Hill, Ortiz and Duke. 

PS... for some reason people suddenly believe our defense is fine and is now comfortable... and I'm wondering why

I do have concerns on the defense line... mainly being health! Takk and Clayborn both have a history of health problems.. vic Beasley last year was in and out with health (didnt miss games but time) and the new go from free agent not sure about him. But we only have 4 DE so that's another reason I'm ok with the bring in.. plus like you said if he can becomes what Vic Beasley is for us now... we have a cheaper option 

10 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Why would you take someone like Polite who what I seen just gave up after being drafted... over a guy who has a health concern also has a bit of talent ...that has experience in the nfl has a dang good motor... I understand not wanting someone but to bring in a Ray Edwards like attitude (Polite)

Polite

so first you have to try and teach drive..... hard to have here when you wont be a starter like he could have been for the jets... makes me think you cant teach him that...

Then after that you have to teach him how to play in the nfl... 

Then hope he can keep his mind right so it's not a waste of time because next year he has to do it all over again...

Now everyone has there own opinion...... but I'm shocked you would take (Polite) over a guy that kind of fits the sceam and attitude of what dann Quinn wants. Like (Spence)

Then you get my point. That’s a no on both. Two threads, one post.

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll put it this way. He had a solid rookie season and has been hampered with injuries since. He didn’t fit as a OLB in their new system and tbh if you’re going to bring him in you may as well give Larkin a shot on the main roster. Spence isn’t going to replace anyone currently on the roster, not even Cominsky. 

That was one of my question was if we couldn't keep one of the larkins or miles on practice squad could he be someone that you would bring in.... now I'm not sure how practice squad available works..

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Then you get my point. That’s a no on both. Two threads, one post.

I got you lol I was wondering because I see alot of you post and picking someone like that over this guy was a surprise to me... but I got you you just say no to both... 

Is there a main reason why no to Spence are you think it something that couldn't work?

Asking because I'm honestly interested.

5 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

That was one of my question was if we couldn't keep one of the larkins or miles on practice squad could he be someone that you would bring in.... now I'm not sure how practice squad available works..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2019/8/31/20841979/understanding-the-practice-squad

but no, I wouldn’t bring him at all

3 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I got you lol I was wondering because I see alot of you post and picking someone like that over this guy was a surprise to me... but I got you you just say no to both... 

Is there a main reason why no to Spence are you think it something that couldn't work?

Asking because I'm honestly interested.

Only because he has health concerns, other than that I can see him actually giving a hand here and there. Polite sucks. Seriously. Even his highlights are buttcheeks. 

All players get hurt and injuries are a part of the game, but for his level of talent let’s just not right now. If we have an injury later on, I get it. Pass rush doesn’t look bad though.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ok I got you now. Yep so we would have to sign him to active to keep him.. I also agree with you with the keeping the younger guys on vs him 

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Only because he has health concerns, other than that I can see him actually giving a hand here and there. Polite sucks. Seriously. Even his highlights are buttcheeks. 

All players get hurt and injuries are a part of the game, but for his level of talent let’s just not right now. If we have an injury later on, I get it. Pass rush doesn’t look bad though.

I got you and I just seen your comment on the Eric berry thing before you put this and then I kind of figured that might be the reasoning behind it... but I get it now!

Just now, AllStarHandyMan said:

Ok I got you now. Yep so we would have to sign him to active to keep him.. I also agree with you with the keeping the younger guys on vs him 

Yeah I’m always a little cautious with guys from other teams who tend to have a decent season then they just disappear. At least with Falcons players we have some sort of idea because we keep up with them pretty much daily. With guys from other teams, especially no name players, you gotta dig a bit deeper other than a few stats. His injury history alone in 3 short years would make me afraid to sign him lol 

3 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I got you and I just seen your comment on the Eric berry thing before you put this and then I kind of figured that might be the reasoning behind it... but I get it now!

Yeah, now thats only because I’m not comfortable with the secondary. Based on the current pass rush, I wouldn’t expect to make a move there either.

31 minutes ago, Dungeon Family said:

Man, I hope you guys are right...

I keep having visions of this being a special defensive unit from the brief glimpse we received in the preseason, but I’m remaining cautiously optimistic.

Maximum production from Vic and Takk is the key!

I personally always seen vic Beasley as a 6-12 sack guy. I said it since we drafted him. I thought he would develop into a better all around player too but so far that hasn't been the case vs the run game. I also thought he would bring alot more pressure.. he hasn't been a huge bust to me personally... but I also dont want him back as a 15mil guy..

Takk when i watched him in is first year I was like 10 or more sacks should be every year!! Him being hurt made that hard but I think this is the year it begins.

Jerret I didnt know what to expect out of him. But after the superbowl 6 sacks a year is his bottom.. so I think he could have more....

I think we might have 3 guys with 10 sacks this year... 

Edited by AllStarHandyMan