Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falconcheff

Grace or Foye...who should be the starter?

For me, Grace should be the starter over Foye right now. Dude has not only been playing, but play-making... Foye has been nicked up all camp, Grace is all lathered up and ready. Plus, Jermaine Grace just looks more the part, bigger, faster, attitudy-er...

I would start Grace.  

Foye is worthy, but he has been nicked up a bit and I am worried that Deion might get hurt again.  Foye is the natural back up to Deion, so why not keep him clean and ready to step in, if we lose DJ for any time?

Having a smart and talented back up like Foye is a major plus for our LB group.

I'm excited to see Grace on the roster.  I thought he would make it last year and glad to see we kept him around.  

I also like Foye.  His athleticism impressed me out of Yale and he surely outplayed his expectations.

I think Foye will start the season, but I think that Grace will see the field enough in the first few games to compete for the starting spot.

2 hours ago, vel said:

Go watch Grace in run defense a little closer. He's great in pass defense. Still suspect in run defense. 

Yeah Foye is more stout, but grace is the better pass defender.

Echo those above about Grace. He doesn't shed blocks nor is he as stout at the point of attack as Foye is in the run game. At the same time, Foye's coverage skills are not bad, just not as good as Grace.

I imagine there will be plenty of work for both in different packages. I'm drooling to see what a 3rd and long package of Grace/Jones can do to offset the damage Kamara has done to us. If those two can keep Kamara in check while the secondary rolls coverage toward Thomas, we should be much stouter defending the saints. The cowboys showed that taking those two away from the saints is key to beating them.

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

They don’t play the same position 

What position does he play then? Didn't he play Mike and will (the inner linebacker positions) last year? Since he isn't near the size and weight of a devondre, that means he is only suitable for the other ILB position next to debo.

Am I missing something? Also what packages do you envision both playing?