Falconsfan567

#11 Oregon vs. #16 Auburn

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Yes. Feel old? 

Feel old??

Shoot I am old. Kid I played pop warner and hs ball with started rb at Auburn right after Bo Jackson. Stacy Danley. That's class of 85.

Tell you what, Auburn got throwed to the wolves, and they throwed them back. Kid just showed aint no moment too big. Huge win.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bo Nix might just be a good one.

He didn't look too great from what I saw. I know he's a freshman, playing in his first game against a top 25 team, though. 

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

He didn't look too great from what I saw. I know he's a freshman, playing in his first game against a top 25 team, though. 

I only saw the last few minutes of the game so I don’t know how he did for the whole game. The kid delivered in the big spotlight when his team needed him to make plays there. 

6 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Feel old??

Shoot I am old. Kid I played pop warner and hs ball with started rb at Auburn right after Bo Jackson. Stacy Danley. That's class of 85.

Tell you what, Auburn got throwed to the wolves, and they throwed them back. Kid just showed aint no moment too big. Huge win.

You’re not old. Watching the games with my 85 year old Father. That’s old. 

Auburn showed resiliency tonight for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I only saw the last few minutes of the game so I don’t know how he did for the whole game. The kid delivered in the big spotlight when his team needed him to make plays there. 

He played like a true freshman most of the game. He threw a couple of terrible interceptions and had numerous plays where he felt phantom pressure. But stepped up when Auburn needed him the most.

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

You’re not old. Watching the games with my 85 year old Father. That’s old. 

Auburn showed resiliency tonight for sure. 

And he could prolly take me. :D

Yeah, Auburn showed resiliency and a sack the size of a brahma bull. Big win for their program. And, I wonder what kinda epic call we all missed hearing from Rod.

I'm a dawg fan, but was pulling for Auburn hard on this one.

Just now, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

And he could prolly take me. :D

Yeah, Auburn showed resiliency and a sack the size of a brahma bull. Big win for their program. And, I wonder what kinda epic call we all missed hearing from Rod.

I'm a dawg fan, but was pulling for Auburn hard on this one.

Ha! Sadly no, but we enjoy our time together. 

Bittersweet victory indeed. I pull for the Crimson Tide and Dawgs in that order but I can acknowledge an exciting game/victory from a rival. 

Man, I cannot get over how quick Malzahn made the call to go for a td instead of running the clock down and kicking a fg. I guess he figured if he played for the fg, that left Oregon a chance, but a td pretty much seals it.

That was risky, three things happen throwing for the td, two of which are bad. If the freshman qb takes a sack or throws the int there, Malzahn prolly gets run out of town on a rail.

That was a huge call that worked because no one saw it coming. I know I didn't. Did y'all?

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Ha! Sadly no, but we enjoy our time together. 

Bittersweet victory indeed. I pull for the Crimson Tide and Dawgs in that order but I can acknowledge an exciting game/victory from a rival. 

Yeah, I enjoy mine too, as I know our time is limited. Got my love of football and baseball from my daddy, he took me to many a game at old fulco to see the braves and falcons.

I'm a dawg fan then Auburn, but respect Bama and Saban. Pull for them when they aint playing the dawgs. It's called having perspective and being a grown up.

Now Notre Dame and The Ohio State? That's a different story.

Black Francis likes this

13 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Man, I cannot get over how quick Malzahn made the call to go for a td instead of running the clock down and kicking a fg. I guess he figured if he played for the fg, that left Oregon a chance, but a td pretty much seals it.

That was risky, three things happen throwing for the td, two of which are bad. If the freshman qb takes a sack or throws the int there, Malzahn prolly gets run out of town on a rail.

That was a huge call that worked because no one saw it coming. I know I didn't. Did y'all?

Fortune favors the Bold

7 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Yeah, I enjoy mine too, as I know our time is limited. Got my love of football and baseball from my daddy, he took me to many a game at old fulco to see the braves and falcons.

I'm a dawg fan then Auburn, but respect Bama and Saban. Pull for them when they aint playing the dawgs. It's called having perspective and being a grown up.

Now Notre Dame and The Ohio State? That's a different story.

We have similar backgrounds with our Fathers and yes my Dad took me to many Falcons and Braves games at the old fulco too. Good memories. 

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fortune favors the Bold

Yes it does.

15 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No, I didn’t see that play call from Gus coming. Great call and execution. 

No one did, except for Gus. And he made it quick too. It's like they held an ace up their sleeve, it's like they knew that a certain formation and route combo would leave that wr one on one, and saved it until then. The qb went right to that read and throw after looking off the safety enough to sell it. 

Auburn has enough talent that a win like this makes them relevant, at the least.

What do Bo Nix (Auburn), Sam Howell (North Carolina), and Hank Bachmeier (Boise State) all have in common? All are true freshman QBs who led major 4th quarter comeback wins today and all of them were in road games. Simply amazing!!

g-dawg likes this

I’m still having a hard time believing FSU scored 31 points in the first half and looked like they could do whatever they wanted offensively, then got completely shut out in the 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m still having a hard time believing FSU scored 31 points in the first half and looked like they could do whatever they wanted offensively, then got completely shut out in the 2nd half. 

Boise State played about as bad as a team could the first half of that game and it was only 31-19 at halftime. FSU should have been up 50 at halftime.

oregon has themselves to blame for the loss.. they had a 21 to 6 lead and should have finished the game off, but the let auburn stay in the game.. gus malzahn has a way of having him team play like crap and somehow win a game.. lol  great job by nix though..  you can see why he won the qb job.