ATLSlobberKnockers

This roster is SOLID

73 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

This is the first year that I have not wanted us to bring in someone from another teams purge.

Yep, but there are 31 other teams watching who we are letting go! My how the tables have turned :)

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Like a skinny blonde, last years roster was top heavy. 

This years is more of a dark haired curvy evenly distributed type. B)

Me likes that kind of team

5 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I really can't understand the TD hate at all. He's not perfect but I really don't see how we could do better. TD and co stepped their game up a few notches. To swallow pride and resign Bryant shows TD is maturing as a GM and I would imagine as a person as well.

That's right, people do grow into their profession in all ways. Sure that is what Blank was hoping would happen many years ago, when he brought in the son of Tom Dimitroff Sr to be our GM.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

10 hours ago, bossFALCON™ said:

I agree with others if we could get a veteran CB/S hybrid I think we’d be set

Kazee? Allen? 

This is the best roster I've seen with the Falcons in a while.

Two question marks though? We kept 5 RBs INCLUDING Ortiz and had TEs play FB in the preseason. Is this saying we holding a roster spot for Hageman or was he just not good enough? 

Where's is our true weakness on this team? I don't see one... I'm pumped. Week 1. Hurry up!!

Edited by arrogantBEAST

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

The roster is solid for the initial 53 but I dont think TD and DQ are finished tinkering with it though.

Even if you thought you had a great roster, you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't keep the door open for change.

I love the excitement of the start of a new season!

I do still have concerns.

No pass rush to speak of.

I do not believe the offensive line's right side will hold up, at least not early this year.

We don't have a backup quarterback.

Dan Quinn is not horrible as an in-game head coach, but he is mediocre at best.

Mularkey and Koetter held Matt Ryan back from his full potential before--- why should I believe they will be any better now?

Maybe I've just seen too many seasons where I felt good, until the team fell apart once the season starts. Maybe I've just had any optimism burned out of my soul by the Aundray Bruces and the Marion Campbells (1st AND 2nd times), and the Glanvilles and the 4th quarter collapses against the Cowboys, Niners, and Patriots. I just can't bring myself to believe that this team will put it all together until I actually SEE it all come together on the field.

14 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Like a skinny blonde, last years roster was top heavy. 

This years is more of a dark haired curvy evenly distributed type. B)

I like the way you think.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I do not believe the offensive line's right side will hold up, at least not early this year.

Mularkey and Koetter held Matt Ryan back from his full potential before--- why should I believe they will be any better now?

Maybe I've just seen too many seasons where I felt good, until the team fell apart once the season starts. Maybe I've just had any optimism burned out of my soul by the Aundray Bruces and the Marion Campbells (1st AND 2nd times), and the Glanvilles and the 4th quarter collapses against the Cowboys, Niners, and Patriots. I just can't bring myself to believe that this team will put it all together until I actually SEE it all come together on the field.

You cant be serious. 

Tim Mazetti and Drew4719 like this

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Haven't seen all the pass rushers together the entire preseason.

Schaub can handle a game or two.

Quinn hired a coach strictly for game management

Mularkey and Koetter  or Smith? And Ryan is a MUCH better QB than he was when they were here the first time. MM never had Julio , as far as I remember.

Tim Mazetti and Drew4719 like this

3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

This guy lol. 

Did you watch preseason at all? Did you look into who we hired for what purposes? Ryan had MVP numbers with Sark.  He will be fine with DK and Mularkey was brought in to fix the run game. The pass rush looked great. You’re not paying attention. 

Edited by droopy1592
Drew4719 and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I came here thinking y’all were talking about the roster and once again we are talking about women. Should have known @Ezekiel 25:17 would be in the middle of it. Carry on. 

Who Me???

fif.gif.117c3caa2827a2f111912bd606ce0047.gif