ATLSlobberKnockers

This roster is SOLID

73 posts in this topic

This is the first year that I have not wanted us to bring in someone from another teams purge. Looking around the league I don't see anyone that is an obvious upgrade to anyone on our 53. That's a real testament to just how well the F.O. has addressed the depth issue from last season.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

To take care of so much business, and fix so many gaps in such a short period of time is really impressive, especially in the NFL.

I really can't understand the TD hate at all. He's not perfect but I really don't see how we could do better. TD and co stepped their game up a few notches. To swallow pride and resign Bryant shows TD is maturing as a GM and I would imagine as a person as well.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

20 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I really can't understand the TD hate at all. He's not perfect but I really don't see how we could do better. TD and co stepped their game up a few notches. To swallow pride and resign Bryant shows TD is maturing as a GM and I would imagine as a person as well.

There will always be a percentage of sports fans who are going to hate on their general manager no matter what.

20 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Maybe Arthur Blank put some heat on his tail lol.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I'm hyped for even the practice squad!! :slick:

I know man. I really hop either Larkin or Miles makes it to our PS. One of them will be signed to a 53 I'm sure of. I think Blake and Devin Grey could get signed to a 53 as well. TBJ put enough on tape to potentially get signed as well. Wonder if the Colts might look at Etling

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
FalconsZone7 and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

TD has no doubt been good for Atlanta. The only real beef would be some of his draft choices. 

3 minutes ago, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

TD has no doubt been good for Atlanta. The only real beef would be some of his draft choices. 

True, but there are always going to be draft choices thought highly of who don't make the team. Just look at some of the cuts today around the league, some of whom posters on this board wanted TD to pick #1

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Maybe Arthur Blank put some heat on his tail lol.

If anything AB has co-signed TD all along.

Despite the speculation an owner and self made man like AB doesn’t let anyone control outside his family his most prized asset.

The speculation and enuendo on here about TD over the years is laughable in my eyes.If you think about it how many teams in the NFL have had the same GM for over a decade.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

34 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I was thinking the same thing. This is quite a roster, top to bottom. It may well be the best we've ever had.

For the record, I think the 2016 roster was better than the 1980 as well.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

And I thought last years roster was stacked.

Shiver me timbers....This roster may be better than 1980.

Joining the chorus of old school in agreement.

28 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Like a skinny blonde, last years roster was top heavy. 

This years is more of a dark haired curvy evenly distributed type. B)

Funny, and accurate. Way to go,

It's not just signed talent OP....Every season Quinn has been here players have gotten developed into better players, just by being here year after year.  Especially on defense, but on offense too.

Gono, Graham, Gage, on offense.

All the dline. , Grace, even Riley on defense.

All these players have improved through development. This is huge.

Edited by Fiddlin John's Ghost

Both Lines looked good in Preseason. I’m excited for the season to start. Wish we saw more from McGary. That is the only spot I’m questioning due to small sample size and then Sambrailo

FalconsZone7 likes this