FalconBlood23

Official: Falcons 2019 roster: Position-by-position breakdown

90 posts in this topic

It's about having the best 53. I don't ever remember Ortiz making a block that sprung someone. TBJ flashed more in one preseason. So did the potential of Larkin and Miles. Etling is also another guy that could have been used here. 

KRUNKuno likes this

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

It's about having the best 53. I don't ever remember Ortiz making a block that sprung someone. TBJ flashed more in one preseason. So did the potential of Larkin and Miles. Etling is also another guy that could have been used here. 

Definitely with you on TBJ and Larkin.

Just hope they don’t come back to bite us in the butt for another team. 

42 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think people are sleeping on Miller. Wren Wilson has been around to step in and contribute. If Oliver can do better than what Alford did last year, it may not be an issue.

I hope so on Miller. He certainly has the talent. There is precedent for DBs in the TD era to come out of nowhere and play well. Miller didn’t come out of nowhere obviously, but I’m sure you understand my point. When Tru went down in 2016 it was stunning to see udfa Poole and Collins step up like they did.

28 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Technically it's only 4RBs.  Barner should be lumped in with Bryant, Bosher and Harris as a dedicated ST.   One of the 4 backs will almost certainly be inactive on gameday so that will be interesting to watch.

Good point.

7 hours ago, k-train said:

There is literally nobody on here who has banged the table harder for the Falcons to find Schaub's replacement than I have.

That said... Schaub is our best option of the guys we have had on the roster this offseason. Benkert looked like he was ready to give him a run for his money, but got hurt. He's already been placed on IR so we don't risk losing him at all.

As for Etling, he's not that good.

I get that, but if we lose Ryan, it's frigging over.

Get Ryan Bee who is a rookie cut by Skins.  They will try to sign him to the PS.  

6.7 / 290 

De / DT 

High Motor 

Excellent preseason stats 

Edited by Gonobeast

I don't believe they did  brought Bryant back.  I figured they would find another free kicker.  At least we know what we get with Matt.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, falcons007 said:

Pretty much as expected except Ortiz. I guess Zaccheus edged out Blake on ST.

I think Zaccheus earned snaps on offense.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, GleasonForever! said:

I agree. We are going with size this year at edges. One injury and it’s scary. 

I think Quinn is building a more balanced line and is expecting a higher percentage of QB disruptions from the DT group than most DLs traditionally get. The DL is light on pure edge rushers, but its solid overall in the QB pressure department. I think interior pressure is more disruptive to many QBs anyway. It is no longer as simple as stepping up in the pocket and taking 3 shuffle steps to your right (or left depending on handedness). 

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

I think Zaccheus earned snaps on offense.

He is probably return guy on kick offs. DK was very high on Blake in Offense but did say the final spot will come to special teams.

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He is probably return guy on kick offs. DK was very high on Blake in Offense but did say the final spot will come to special teams.

And, yet, I'm sure he'll get snaps on offense.