Spts1

Georgia State at Tennessee

126 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no it won't be.. opening day yesterday the announced attendance was 85k, but it was15k below that.  this is a stadium holds 102k and it was well under that with an opening game and that was before the demoralizing loss.  

This is bad, and yeah they might not pack that stadium anymore this season. Tennessee needs an overhaul in the worst way.

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no it won't be.. opening day yesterday the announced attendance was 85k, but it was15k below that.  this is a stadium holds 102k and it was well under that with an opening game and that was before the demoralizing loss.  

Imagine if they lose to BYU... that stadium might be half full for Chattanooga. Then they play at Florida, a bye week, then the Dawgs roll into Knoxville.

If they are 1-3 or even 2-2 with a big loss to Florida, the Dawgs might just take over Neyland. Crazy to think about.

I mean I have no love lost for the Vols, it’s kind of a bitter rivalry and I grew up in Nashville so I got to hear all about it throughout the 90s. But as a football fan, plain and simple, it kinda sucks to see all passion leave the fan base of a rival. I know there are probably a lot of UGA fans who love seeing it though because it’s Tennessee.

47 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Sorry for the good UT fans we have here but

9406824.JPG

that is hilarious..  

On 9/1/2019 at 3:01 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

We still have our VHS tapes of the 1995 Braves and the 1980 UGA championship teams *sigh*

Well Georgia isn't winning it this year because Alabama is!!!! (haha I hope)

But the Braves... this is their year so we can agree on that lol

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Well Georgia isn't winning it this year because Alabama is!!!! (haha I hope)

But the Braves... this is their year so we can agree on that lol

I was dreaming of a 3 SEC team college playoff. Lets say 2 of these 3 UGA, Alabama and LSU are undefeated going into SEC championship game.  then the final one is 11-1.  

This means you need a 2 loss Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 12.  

a brother can dream.     

4 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I was dreaming of a 3 SEC team college playoff. Lets say 2 of these 3 UGA, Alabama and LSU are undefeated going into SEC championship game.  then the final one is 11-1.  

This means you need a 2 loss Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 12.  

a brother can dream.     

They've got a rule that in place that you can't have more than 2 teams from a conference in the playoff.

17 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They've got a rule that in place that you can't have more than 2 teams from a conference in the playoff.

Is there? I didn't recall that being a thing. I don't think there's any scenario where 3 teams from one conference get in anyways, but can you link to that one?

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Is there? I didn't recall that being a thing. I don't think there's any scenario where 3 teams from one conference get in anyways, but can you link to that one?

It’s not a rule... it kinda a given though that the committee won’t pick 3 from one conference. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

7 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s not a rule... it kinda a given though that the committee won’t pick 3 from one conference. 

I thought I heard it was a rule?

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought I heard it was a rule?

Not a rule actually.  I know there was a discussion on it but nothing was officially done.