Spts1

Georgia State at Tennessee

126 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yep, Ga State was pushing them around. Tennessee couldn't stop any 3rd down plays either. 

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes it wasn’t a fluke.  Ga State was much better

Thanks for replying. Wow. I knew they weren't good by no means, but dayum.

g-dawg and Ovie_Lover like this

To all my vol friends on this board I feel for you.  To all those other vol fans not on this board:  I say this "I am sooo happy you guys lost"..  The amount of smack talk from vol fans this offseason has been horrible. 

georgia state was the better team and this was no fluke win.. amazing job by coach elliot and that staff. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

To all my vol friends on this board I feel for you.  To all those other vol fans not on this board:  I say this "I am sooo happy you guys lost"..  The amount of smack talk from vol fans this offseason has been horrible. 

This 100%

Another jewel from Vol Nation:

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/the-official-tennessee-vs-georgia-state-game-thread-3-30-pm-et-espnu.307037/page-167#post-17090361

" In no way are South Carolina or Ole Miss's losses remotely comparable to ours. South Carolina lost to an ACC team. Ole Miss has been on probation for 3 years and has like 50 scholarship players and Memphis is generally a decent Group of 5 team. Georgia State had never beaten a Power 5 team. They were 2-10 last year. We paid them $ 950,000 for what they gave us today. This was a sacrificial lamb game, and the lamb got off the alter and sacrificed us. It's so disappointing, with it being our first game, we should have been chomping at the bit to play this game, we looked worse than I've ever seen us, and I'm pretty old. This has got to be the lowpoint. "  

I haven't gone on Vol Nation yet, but probably will just for the entertainment value of reading what those people have to say. Hats off to Georgia State though. They deserved it. They just played better overall football. Thankfully, at the end of the day, it's just a game. Anyways, good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the way for a successful season with no serious injuries. I wish the best for Georgia State, as well.

17 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Bring on basketball season boys!

Rick Barnes and Jeremy Pruitt are making UT a first class basketball school.

24 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Georgia hasnt won a natty since 1980, so i feel zero sympathy for them as far as football goes...

I totally agree on the Naty.  

since 2007 (Tennessee last appearance in SEC championship game)

UGA has 4 East division titles, 1 SEC championship) A couple of Super Bowl appearances, A Rose Bowl victory and a National Championship game appearance.  

Vols have been BAAAAAAAAAD but they have a Naty more recent than us so they still have smack they can talk.  

Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I totally agree on the Naty.  

since 2007 (Tennessee last appearance in SEC championship game)

UGA has 4 East division titles, 1 SEC championship) A couple of Super Bowl appearances, A Rose Bowl victory and a National Championship game appearance.  

Vols have been BAAAAAAAAAD but they have a Naty more recent than us so they still have smack they can talk.  

Even Georgia Tech has a more recent natty.  Cable tv was still new when the Dawgs last won a chip...:(

12 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Georgia hasnt won a natty since 1980, so i feel zero sympathy for them as far as football goes...

UGA has only had one losing season since 1997 (22 years). We have played in a bowl game every year since 1997 and won most of them. Our one losing season in that time was only a losing season because we lost the bowl game.

Tennessee has had 7 losing seasons in the last 11 years.

You look ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

UGA has only had one losing season since 1997 (22 years). We have played in a bowl game every year since 1997 and won most of them. Our one losing season in that time was only a losing season because we lost the bowl game.

You look ridiculous.

would've, could've should've. Then bragging about going to bowls when heck, its hard to NOT go to a bowl game in college football...:lol:   Power schools schedule 3 or 4 cupcakes and most of the conferences are so bad that their conference schedule guarantees them the 6 wins they need to go to a bowl.  Meanwhile, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Bama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Florida State, teams within spitting distance of Athens have won chips since the Dawgs last grabbed one back in close to the 1970s.  I could care less about a bowl, its about nattys...

Image result for weed eater bowl

36 minutes ago, Carter said:

You look ridiculous.

Got to agree on this one, and oof on the Tennessee is the new Kansas in that thread that stings to the soul.

49 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

would've, could've should've. Then bragging about going to bowls when heck, its hard to NOT go to a bowl game in college football...:lol:   Power schools schedule 3 or 4 cupcakes and most of the conferences are so bad that their conference schedule guarantees them the 6 wins they need to go to a bowl.  Meanwhile, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Bama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Florida State, teams within spitting distance of Athens have won chips since the Dawgs last grabbed one back in close to the 1970s.  I could care less about a bowl, its about nattys...

Image result for weed eater bowl

Soooo imagine if we didn’t even qualify for a bowl game 7 of the last 11 years, were on a 3 game losing streak to our instate rival with the last 2 being blowouts... and just got thrown around by Georgia State at home.

I’m sure they feel great about that natty they won 20 years ago though. You look ridiculous.

Just now, Carter said:

Soooo imagine if we didn’t even qualify for a bowl game 7 of the last 11 years, were on a 3 game losing streak to our instate rival with the last 2 being blowouts.

I’m sure they feel great about that natty they won 20 years ago though. You look ridiculous.

Im soo glad that Georgia's athletic director said that nattys are the bar... Not bowl games... Thats why he let Richt go.... Bowls no longer mean anything at Georgia which is why they took Texas lightly in that sugar bowl... Its about chips...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Im soo glad that Georgia's athletic director said that nattys are the bar... Not bowl games... Thats why he let Richt go.... Bowls no longer mean anything at Georgia which is why they took Texas lightly in that sugar bowl... Its about chips...

Dude we are talking about a fan base quitting supporting their team because they are irrelevant, not this dumb **** you turned it into. 

TheTrue7 and Bdawg58 like this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Dude we are talking about a fan base quitting supporting their team because they are irrelevant, not this dumb **** you turned it into. 

Neyland will be packed for their next home game...

40 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Neyland will be packed for their next home game...

no it won't be.. opening day yesterday the announced attendance was 85k, but it was15k below that.  this is a stadium holds 102k and it was well under that with an opening game and that was before the demoralizing loss.