Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Florida Atlantic at Ohio State

85 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The problem with the UGA fanbase are comments like this one.

Fromm was babied his first half dozen games as starter but he got starter reps and was allowed to grow into the job.

Does Justin get the same grace today or from his 3-4 plays a game last year on the generic “run, run, pass” playcalling of Chaney last year with Justin?  Nope- he gets picked apart on almost no action nor decent sample size.

Nope.  Justin just accounted for more TDs in his debut game than Fromm probably has in a single game for his career - in his FIRST GAME as a starter.

#gradingonacurve

 

Feel better now? lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

That’s why I said I believe he’s capable of it. It wasn’t meant as a shot at Fields. I won’t compare Fromm and Fields because that wouldn’t be fair to either QB, they are different type QBs. Fields has a great potential but is also not a true Freshman, he should’ve learned from last year and I hope he does. 

You have to stop taking everything said about Fields as a personal shot because it’s quite obvious you don’t have a non bias view

Not true.  You and others don’t see your own bias.  You don’t acknowledge it - everyone has bias to some degree.  

Therr is always a caveat from many that post here anytime Justin does anything.   5 TDs and 300yds of offense and it’s “yeah but” - to see that and fail to see your own bias - SMH.

Like I said last year, when Justin gets his shot, he’s gonna show his worth - and he is and it will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Not true.  You and others don’t see your own bias.  You don’t acknowledge it - everyone has bias to some degree.  

Therr is always a caveat from many that post here anytime Justin does anything.   5 TDs and 300yds of offense and it’s “yeah but” - to see that and fail to see your own bias - SMH.

Like I said last year, when Justin gets his shot, he’s gonna show his worth - and he is and it will continue.

So what are Justin Field's faults? Because you argue with every single one that anyone here brings up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Feel better now? lol

I feel better now that Justin can play and let his ability speak for itself.    production can now do the talking .   Won’t matter what someone on a message board says about him anymore.

So to answer your question 

“Yeah, I feel better”:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

So what are Justin Field's faults? Because you argue with every single one that anyone here brings up.

We can determine his pluses and minuses as season goes on / you know based on games (more than one) and not “whispers” ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We can determine his pluses and minuses as season goes on / you know based on games (more than one) and not “whispers” ;)

You just compared him to Fromm but got pissed when someone said he still looked like a one read QB. Ok man.

Bdawg58, jeffro2000 and TheTrue7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Not true.  You and others don’t see your own bias.  You don’t acknowledge it - everyone has bias to some degree.  

Therr is always a caveat from many that post here anytime Justin does anything.   5 TDs and 300yds of offense and it’s “yeah but” - to see that and fail to see your own bias - SMH.

Like I said last year, when Justin gets his shot, he’s gonna show his worth - and he is and it will continue.

FAU man... Eason has 350 yards and 4 TDs but against a FCS school. You can get away with Deficiencies in these money games. But keep ignoring what’s right in front of your eyes. I won’t comment about Lord Fields anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Not true.  You and others don’t see your own bias.  You don’t acknowledge it - everyone has bias to some degree.  

Therr is always a caveat from many that post here anytime Justin does anything.   5 TDs and 300yds of offense and it’s “yeah but” - to see that and fail to see your own bias - SMH.

Like I said last year, when Justin gets his shot, he’s gonna show his worth - and he is and it will continue.

 

Just now, g-dawg said:

I feel better now that Justin can play and let his ability speak for itself.   His ability and production can now speak for itself.   Won’t matter what someone on a message board says about him anymore.

So to answer your question 

“Yeah, I feel better”:D

Brother g-dawg, I'm gonna give all credit due to him good and bad same as any other player. The offense looked sluggish at times but it's week 1 and he had a great stat line anyway. I was never concerned about whether or not he'd put up monster stats at OSU, it was pretty much a given if he stays healthy. 

You can give him that ground and still wonder about how he will play when he actually faces adversity against a tough team on a big stage.

I'm not rooting against the guy by any means. That would be on me, not on Fields.

Ovie_Lover, Bdawg58 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carter said:

 

Brother g-dawg, I'm gonna give all credit due to him good and bad same as any other player. The offense looked sluggish at times but it's week 1 and he had a great stat line anyway. I was never concerned about whether or not he'd put up monster stats at OSU, it was pretty much a given if he stays healthy. 

You can give him that ground and still wonder about how he will play when he actually faces adversity against a tough team on a big stage.

I'm not rooting against the guy by any means. That would be on me, not on Fields.

I can thumbs up this take.

It’s just kills me to see all the “yeah but” stuff with Fields. He has stated one ******* game - ONE!   not his fault that it was a patsy.   

I love Fromm - he grew into the job.  Every QB does.  Since Fromm is the standard, that is the only reason I bring him up.  Nobody starts as a world beater.  Don’t get the “wait until he plays Michigan or Penn State stuff”.  Let the kid grow into the job - he’s already showing tremendous promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I can thumbs up this take.

It’s just kills me to see all the “yeah but” stuff with Fields. He has stated one ******* game - ONE!   not his fault that it was a patsy.   

I love Fromm - he grew into the job.  Every QB does.  Since Fromm is the standard, that is the only reason I bring him up.  Nobody starts as a world beater.  Don’t get the “wait until he plays Michigan or Penn State stuff”.  Let the kid grow into the job - he’s already showing tremendous promise.

So it's wrong to want to see him against a good team in a high pressure game? Ok cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

So it's wrong to want to see him against a good team in a high pressure game? Ok cool.

Yeah it is.....it’s coming - all ya gotta do is wait on it.

Wait and then you can make intelligent comments instead of negative speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah it is.....it’s coming - all ya gotta do is wait on it.

Wait and then you can make intelligent comments instead of negative speculation.

Who was being negative? I seen guys say he still looked like a one read QB and they wanna see him against better competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TD_Lover said:

Who was being negative? I seen guys say he still looked like a one read QB and they wanna see him against better competition. 

They will see him against better competition.  Seems it pisses some off that Fields had 5 TDs and 300 yard total with no INTs.

Wasn’t perfect debut but don’t think anyone being objective would say anything other than a very good one.

He is off to a great start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

They will see him against better competition.  Seems it pisses some off that Fields had 5 TDs and 300 yard total with no INTs.

Wasn’t perfect debut but don’t think anyone being objective would say anything other than a very good one.

He is off to a great start.

Again I dont think anyone here has said otherwise. You got defensive for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Again I dont think anyone here has said otherwise. You got defensive for no reason.

I am not defensive at all.  Confident Fields gonna ball out this year - build on what he did today.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

anymore.

 

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

They will see him against better competition.  Seems it pisses some off that Fields had 5 TDs and 300 yard total with no INTs.

Wasn’t perfect debut but don’t think anyone being objective would say anything other than a very good one.

He is off to a great start.

Fields definitely made his presence felt in college football for the first time.  He should have a special two years at Ohio State.

Eason was also great today.  From will probably end up the worst prospect of the three.  Still a great college football player, though

Spts1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

 

Fields definitely made his presence felt in college football for the first time.  He should have a special two years at Ohio State.

Eason was also great today.  From will probably end up the worst prospect of the three.  Still a great college football player, though

Fromm is soo much like Aaron Murray, but Murray had a better deep ball.   In the NFL a shorter quarterback better either have a big arm or some wheels.  Fromm really has neither. What he does have is the ability to slow the game down and work to his strengths. It remains to be seen if it will work at the next level.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

Fromm is soo much like Aaron Murray, but Murray had a better deep ball.   In the NFL a shorter quarterback better either have a big arm or some wheels.  Fromm really has neither. What he does have is the ability to slow the game down and work to his strengths. It remains to be seen if it will work at the next level.

Brees didn't have a big arm or wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

Fromm is soo much like Aaron Murray, but Murray had a better deep ball.   In the NFL a shorter quarterback better either have a big arm or some wheels.  Fromm really has neither. What he does have is the ability to slow the game down and work to his strengths. It remains to be seen if it will work at the next level.

He could do well under Brady/Belichick...but they apparently have Brady’s replacement

Spts1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

Can Fromm excel like Brees? 

We don't know yet do we?

Also what is so bad about a 6'2 QB? If you can play you can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

We don't know yet do we?

Also what is so bad about a 6'2 QB? If you can play you can play.

Nothing if they know how to find and get to passing lanes between them big trees coming at them...  Heck, even seeing receivers is a task.  It can be done.  Its easier in today's game because they mostly play in shotgun.  Back when quarterbacks played under center it was harder for shorter quarterbacks because they had to play with their backs to the defense before locating their receivers...

 

Image result for quarterback ball batted down gif nfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Fromm is soo much like Aaron Murray, but Murray had a better deep ball.   In the NFL a shorter quarterback better either have a big arm or some wheels.  Fromm really has neither. What he does have is the ability to slow the game down and work to his strengths. It remains to be seen if it will work at the next level.

I'll take Fromm over Murray every day. I don't think he'll be first round pick or anything like that though. 

As for Fromm vs Eason and Fields 

It's far too early, and FAU and EWU doesn't give a great picture, but that can be proven wrong as season progresses. 

If you're gonna be upset be upset with the coaches. I wish each of the 3 best of luck, but not gonna lie wouldn't mind if Fields sticks it to Georgia in NCG, or playoff game one good time, but then that might not be the best thing as that would cause a riot of epic proportions possibly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I'll take Fromm over Murray every day. I don't think he'll be first round pick or anything like that though. 

As for Fromm vs Eason and Fields 

It's far too early, and FAU and EWU doesn't give a great picture, but that can be proven wrong as season progresses. 

If you're gonna be upset be upset with the coaches. I wish each of the 3 best of luck, but not gonna lie wouldn't mind if Fields sticks it to Georgia in NCG, or playoff game one good time, but then that might not be the best thing as that would cause a riot of epic proportions possibly.

I saw enough of Eason his freshman year.  The guy is a legit first rounder if he improves on that performance.  Remember, he BEAT OUT FROMM for the starting gig and only lost it because of injury.  Justin, it remains to be seen.  I think Fromm gets drafted in the top of the second round.  

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0