Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osiruz

Bears waived Marvin Hall

23 posts in this topic

Bears waive Marvin Hall

Posted by Charean Williams on August 30, 2019, 9:44 PM EDT

The Bears signed receiver Marvin Hall in March. They cut him Friday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports. Hall appeared in 24 games over the past two seasons with the Falcons. He played 185 offensive snaps while appearing in all 16 games for the Falcons last season and caught 10 passes for 149 yards and [more]

Imo we should sign him with the quickness, he is a fantastic option in our passing game. 

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Bears waive Marvin Hall

The Bears signed receiver Marvin Hall in March. They cut him Friday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports. Hall appeared in 24 games over the past two seasons with the Falcons. He played 185 offensive snaps while appearing in all 16 games for the Falcons last season and caught 10 passes for 149 yards and [more]

Imo we should sign him with the quickness, he is a fantastic option in our passing game. 

Thats like moving ur ex back in after shes been sleeping with your cousin.. No thanks :o

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Thats like moving ur ex back in after shes been sleeping with your cousin.. No thanks :o

Lol ya because we offered the man more money and he said no :huh:. Hes better than Zaccheus, hardy, and Gray.

24 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Lol ya because we offered the man more money and he said no :huh:. Hes better than Zaccheus, hardy, and Gray.

He’s nothing more than an occasional deep threat in an offense with Sanu, Julio, Ridley, Hooper and Freeman all in line before him at the minimum. He has horrible vision on Jet sweeps and with his speed doesn’t get the best separation. He’s no more in sync with Ryan than any of the guys you just mentioned. We forget about plays like this only because he had one long touchdown catch against the Giants. Being fast doesn’t make him better than those guys you named

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

52 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Bears waive Marvin Hall

Yep I'd sign him as the 6th WR, cut Barner, let Hall be our KR and keep five RBs.

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

He’s nothing more than an occasional deep threat in an offense with Sanu, Julio, Ridley, Hooper and Freeman all in line before him at the minimum. He has horrible vision on Jet sweeps and with his speed doesn’t get the best separation. He’s no more in sync with Ryan than any of the guys you just mentioned. We forget about plays like this only because he had one long touchdown catch against the Giants. Being fast doesn’t make him better than those guys you named

Hes gotten way better than 2 years ago, he also made other catches than the giants game and his speed DOES get him separation. You mentioned the giants game as evidence lol. He got open against the Dolphins and Bengals too because of his speed against their top corners.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hardy can do this? 

https://youtu.be/jCfP064iVos

6 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Hes gotten way better than 2 years ago, he also made other catches than the giants game and his speed DOES get him separation. You mentioned the giants game as evidence lol. 

No he hasn’t. If he’s gotten better then please explain why the Bears let him go. If you truly think his speed alone makes him better than the options you named then I honestly don’t know what to tell you

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yep I'd sign him as the 6th WR, cut Barner, let Hall be our KR and keep five RBs.

Agree with having him as the 6th wr, but I I think between the 2 Barner is the better KR. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

No he hasn’t. If he’s gotten better then please explain why the Bears let him go. If you truly think his speed alone makes him better than the options you named then I honestly don’t know what to tell you

Matt Bryant was let go by the buccs, and Clayborn was let go by the Pats so according to you they are both trash. 

39 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Matt Bryant was let go by the buccs, and Clayborn was let go by the Pats so according to you they are both trash. 

So you have no answer to defend your opinion?

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hall has a higher career KR average.

23.7 to 23.2. Yeah that’s a humongous difference considering Hall only returned kicks for one year compared to Barner returning kicks part time for 6 years. He’s never been a full time return man

Special teams is the main place Hall would be beneficial, not on offense as the OP stated. Had OP said as a kick returner then you have a different outcome.

54 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you have no answer to defend your opinion?

That wasn't a good answer? Lol. Hes already proven himself and I've given several instances where he got wide open. His hands have also improved. 

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

23.7 to 23.2. Yeah that’s a humongous difference considering Hall only returned kicks for one year compared to Barner returning kicks part time for 6 years. He’s never been a full time return man

Special teams is the main place Hall would be beneficial, not on offense as the OP stated. Had OP said as a kick returner then you have a different outcome.

Higher average nonetheless. Younger, cheaper and we need that RB spot Barner is taking up.

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

That wasn't a good answer? Lol. Hes already proven himself and I've given several instances where he got wide open. His hands have also improved. 

He hasn’t proven himself. If he had proven himself the falcons wouldn’t have let him go from the start. 

Like I said, he’s nothing more than an occasional deep threat. Outside of that he’s not much difference from the other 5th or 6th options. If highlights contained every single play from every game I could go back and point out times where he couldn’t get open and showed horrible vision. If you want speed and speed alone then he’s your guy. He’s not as skilled as you’re making him out to be. If so he would keep a job

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Higher average nonetheless. Younger, cheaper and we need that RB spot Barner is taking up.

Like I said, special teams is where he’s most beneficial, not on offense as stated. I don’t mind switching him for Barner but Green should get the boot over Barner if we’re going to be honest. Green proved he doesn’t have it just yet and can spend time on the PS. Keeping Barner gives you a set of reliable hands at the bare minimum in the return game

I agree with OP. Regardless if it's on offense or ST, Hall provides more value than Hardy or Olamide. Plus if Ridley goes down, it's nice to have a deep threat besides Julio. 

Even Raheem Morris mentioned that we were missing Marvin Hall back in mid August in an article written about Olamide.

As to the person who cites him being waived from the Bears as reason as to why he doesn't belong here--players get cut in preseason all the time and make a roster elsewhere. Scheme fit matters

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:08 AM, Osiruz said:

Bears waive Marvin Hall

I'll pass...

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'll pass...

Yeah you will pass him the ball once he is on a roster. its only a matter of time as he is a very good player.