Hard hitting? Intense? Physical? Yes.

Dirty? No

There is a difference. Back in the day when Ronnie Lott and Scott Case played, Neal would be just another safety. It wasn't called dirty, it was called football.

Receivers like Jerry Rice made their bones in this era, when being a wr and qb in the NFL was much tougher than it is now because you werent special, you werent treated different, qb's paid the price for hanging on until the last second and receivers paid the price for stretching out over the middle to make a catch.

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't think he's dirty.

But I also wouldn't care if he is unless penalties start mounting.

That's the catch 22 with someone like Keanu.  Huge hits force refs to want to reach for their flags, even when the hit was clean.

Keanu is not a dirty player, he has great mechanics, he just brings the thunder and is out to take your soul.  He is going to draw some flags, it's an unfortunate truth, but it's also why he forces so many fumbles.

14 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. I’m my eyes that means he’s doing it right

We all know the refs are gonna be nailing the Falcons left and right with this new 'headhunting' rule.

I just hope they make it reviewable, enforce the rule equally.... and most of all no one gets hurt.

In other news, the electrician's union wants it to be illegal for their members to be electrocuted even if its by accident…..:rolleyes:

LOL

Neal, on numerous occasions, continues leading with his helmet in a league where by rule it’s a penalty, in a time when stopping player concussions is the focus, and nobody in this forum thinks he’s dirty.

On the play being referenced, he hit the receiver so hard in the helmet it flew off.

Yet, a few years ago when Kenny Vaccaro popped Matt Ryan on a running play, Falcon fans universally declared him dirty. And talked about that play for a year. No question you guys labeled him dirty.

You can’t live in a glass house and throw stones.

19 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

LOL

Neal, on numerous occasions, continues leading with his helmet in a league where by rule it’s a penalty, in a time when stopping player concussions is the focus, and nobody in this forum thinks he’s dirty.

On the play being referenced, he hit the receiver so hard in the helmet it flew off.

Yet, a few years ago when Kenny Vaccaro popped Matt Ryan on a running play, Falcon fans universally declared him dirty. And talked about that play for a year. No question you guys labeled him dirty.

You can’t live in a glass house and throw stones.

That hit to Ryan was an eternity late on a slide, Neal's hits are bang-bang plays at full speed.

Bad comparison...