29 posts in this topic

Hi all, after the hit on Redskins TE Jordan Reed. Some may have been trying to label Safety Keanu Neal as a dirty player. I wanted to talk about. And would like your take as well.

Hard hitting? Intense? Physical? Yes.

Dirty? No

There is a difference. Back in the day when Ronnie Lott and Scott Case played, Neal would be just another safety. It wasn't called dirty, it was called football.

Receivers like Jerry Rice made their bones in this era, when being a wr and qb in the NFL was much tougher than it is now because you werent special, you werent treated different, qb's paid the price for hanging on until the last second and receivers paid the price for stretching out over the middle to make a catch.

I wanna shout out God, My home boy Cwizzle. the lost boyz crew cause without them I wouldn't have got this deal. Now who we rollin with? Rush! from Rushtown management.

He's not dirty, I can see how other fans of teams may feel some way about him. I mean we'd be upset if our guys were on the receiving end of hits like Keanu's.

rounz likes this

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't think he's dirty.

But I also wouldn't care if he is unless penalties start mounting.

That's the catch 22 with someone like Keanu.  Huge hits force refs to want to reach for their flags, even when the hit was clean.

Keanu is not a dirty player, he has great mechanics, he just brings the thunder and is out to take your soul.  He is going to draw some flags, it's an unfortunate truth, but it's also why he forces so many fumbles.

TheFatboi and Malachore like this

Who gives af what other people label you as? As long as you know you're playing the game the way it's supposed to be played the **** with what others say. Receivers develop alligator arms when they know he's on the field.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

He’s no Bernard Pollard but he can be reckless at times. Comes with the territory of being the enforcer. 

14 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. I’m my eyes that means he’s doing it right

We all know the refs are gonna be nailing the Falcons left and right with this new 'headhunting' rule.

I just hope they make it reviewable, enforce the rule equally.... and most of all no one gets hurt.

In other news, the electrician's union wants it to be illegal for their members to be electrocuted even if its by accident…..:rolleyes:

Statick and Knight of God like this

18 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. I’m my eyes that means he’s doing it right

Just what I was going to say. Doesn't bother me at all if he's labeled that way. 

Knight of God likes this

LOL

Neal, on numerous occasions, continues leading with his helmet in a league where by rule it’s a penalty, in a time when stopping player concussions is the focus, and nobody in this forum thinks he’s dirty.

On the play being referenced, he hit the receiver so hard in the helmet it flew off.

Yet, a few years ago when Kenny Vaccaro popped Matt Ryan on a running play, Falcon fans universally declared him dirty. And talked about that play for a year. No question you guys labeled him dirty.

You can’t live in a glass house and throw stones.

19 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

LOL

Neal, on numerous occasions, continues leading with his helmet in a league where by rule it’s a penalty, in a time when stopping player concussions is the focus, and nobody in this forum thinks he’s dirty.

On the play being referenced, he hit the receiver so hard in the helmet it flew off.

Yet, a few years ago when Kenny Vaccaro popped Matt Ryan on a running play, Falcon fans universally declared him dirty. And talked about that play for a year. No question you guys labeled him dirty.

You can’t live in a glass house and throw stones.

That hit to Ryan was an eternity late on a slide, Neal's hits are bang-bang plays at full speed.

Bad comparison...