Jump to content

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can Ortiz?

And the 6th pick was Jake Matthews, who may remain with his team for the duration of his career! 

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!! People act like it's safe to just put guys on the practice squad, but yes other teams and swoop in and sign them.

Also people act like cut players are pure gold but the thing is they have to be signed to an active roster by somebody else... our practice squad guys have to be better than somebody else's active roster...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconcheff said:

Also people act like cut players are pure gold but the thing is they have to be signed to an active roster by somebody else...

So, doesn't change the fact that teams that aren't as deep and as good as the Falcons probably have players on their 53 man rosters that they're willing to cut to sign one of the players the Falcons cut.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gono, Grace, Graham, and Zaccheaus...UDFA gems last 2 years. Poole before that.

Nice record on finding and developing UDFAs.

Unfortunately, Marcus Green was a dud this year; so far. Makes you wonder who will make the practice squad...

Green

BrooksJames

Blake

Gray

Miller

Miles

Crawford

Zimmer

Larkin

Etling

Cooper

Neal

Stanley

Thats a real nice problem to have with practice squad competition; although I don’t know who is eligible. I probably missed a couple guys, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'm ignorant I admit.

Can any NFL team just grab up your practice squad players, willy-nilly?

Yes they can. But they have to be signed to the active roster. Alot of fans overrate alot of players that get cut. These coaches and gms know what they are doing most of the time

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes they can. But they have to be signed to the active roster. Alot of fans overrate alot of players that get cut. These coaches and gms know what they are doing most of the time

We saw such good production from so many new players this preseason, I sure won't be surprised when a few of them wind up on other rosters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Dang. Haha. There goes the cap savings from cutting him. 

Well, to be fair we had more cap room for offseason from March through August. :tiphat:

Helps having space since you can't predict all the numbers and structure on all UFAs + re-signings and new deals for Julio/Debo/Grady.

6 hours ago, falconidae said:

Guess he's not getting 175 yards and 4 TDs after all.

Welp, there goes our conditional pick. :(

5 hours ago, stizz said:

You guys realize if we had beat reporters who did their job, we'd know more than 5 cuts by now right?

Would you wanna risk being on the list, too?4CC0DC55-8F3C-480B-BECF-2345BE3AC210.jpeg.68f6694e9cf843be0585f583d3e0875c.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Gono, Grace, Graham, and Zaccheaus...UDFA gems last 2 years. Poole before that.

Nice record on finding and developing UDFAs.

Unfortunately, Marcus Green was a dud this year; so far. Makes you wonder who will make the practice squad...

Green

BrooksJames

Blake

Gray

Miller

Miles

Crawford

Zimmer

Larkin

Etling

Cooper

Neal

Stanley

Thats a real nice problem to have with practice squad competition; although I don’t know who is eligible. I probably missed a couple guys, too.

Gray, Blake, Etling, Larkin, Brooks-James & Zimmer are my hopefuls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, octoslash said:

We saw such good production from so many new players this preseason, I sure won't be surprised when a few of them wind up on other rosters.

I always take the preseason with s grain of salt. I like to see how depth players play against starters before I offer an opinion on how good I believe they can be

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Gray, Blake, Etling, Larkin, Brooks-James & Zimmer are my hopefuls.

I hope so, too. Gray may never crack a roster, but he has flashed. Blake was closest to OZ for that 6th spot.

If you can stash both all year? They replace Sanu and Hardy next season possibly.

In other news, Marvin Hall was released by CHI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes they can. But they have to be signed to the active roster. Alot of fans overrate alot of players that get cut. These coaches and gms know what they are doing most of the time

Also, dont we have a chance to add a ps player to our active roster before another team can make a deal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I always take the preseason with s grain of salt. I like to see how depth players play against starters before I offer an opinion on how good I believe they can be

True, but it's hard not to be excited by what we've ended up with roster wise, when you look at some of the guys we had to cut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!! People act like it's safe to just put guys on the practice squad, but yes other teams and swoop in and sign them.

No.  If you want to sign a PS player on another team you must put them on the active roster.  You cannot grab a PS player from another team and place him on your PS.

Sorry for the repetition.  I saw the question and incomplete answer and thought it was important to provide a more accurate response.  I think I was 12th to post an answer.  Sorry for wasting space on here. 

You people better know the answer now.  There will be a test tomorrow.  :)

Edited by NaGaBoy
Redundant
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

No.  If you want to sign a PS player on another team you must put them on the active roster.  You cannot grab a PS player from another team and place him on your PS.

Sorry for the repetition.  I saw the question and incomplete answer and thought it was important to provide a more accurate response.  I think I was 12th to post an answer.  Sorry for wasting space on here. 

You people better know the answer now.  There will be a test tomorrow.  :)

I never said that one team could had a Falcons practice squad player to their practice squad. I said they could sign them from the Falcons practice squad which is true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I never said that one team could had a Falcons practice squad player to their practice squad. I said they could sign them from the Falcons practice squad which is true.

Yes, you are correct.  I did not mean to imply that you stated anything incorrectly.  I wanted to provide additional detail.  Any team that wants to sign one of our PS players must first deal with who they will cut from their active roster.  For some teams this may be relatively painless, but for many teams, this is too risky.  They would be cutting a player they know well for a player they saw for a limited time in preseason. It usually happens because their depth at a position is inadequate for the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...