Embrace the suck

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I'll wait for him to actually do something that matters before I let myself care about this, but I'm sure many will act like we just let a pro bowler go to a Division rival, based on a few plays in game 4 against guys who mostly aren't even on rosters anymore.

TheFatboi and Ergo Proxy like this

Well I’ll be the first...

I still think he should be on this team in place of at least Harlow (if not Hill). We really could have used that speed element we lost with Teco’s departure.

I’ve lobbied enough for TBJ in other posts, but good luck to him and I hope this doesn’t burn us twice a year for the next few seasons. 

I have faith that DQ and TD know what they’re doing and we’ll find another all-purpose back somewhere down the road. Time to look forward to great things this season.

All-in-all, I’m quite satisfied with over 90% of the moves we made all off season. We appear to have one of the better rosters we’ve had in years. 

I think this could be a super solid season. Sunday cannot get here soon enough!

9 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

3 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

He also had our playbook and will divulge all of our secrets :ninja:

It’s worth a shot to get anything from former players over an entire TC and preseason tbf :ninja: 

Of course, our game film by midseason matchup will reveal the most! :lol:

Crawford is a good young prospect. I hope we bring Durant Miles in as the 10th at this point.

Or Devin Gray...since we lost on TBJ as well.

Which speaking of, I can understand him going to Tampa. Way less bodies in front of him to get a shot at 53 man this year.

Now, has TBJ been an electric return option we probably cut Barner instead. We wanted to keep a dedicated FB and looked for an upgrade/got one finally.

Just a shame that he couldn’t push Barner off the roster like Graham did Saubert and Paulsen.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, Falconcheff said:

Man, that's a LOT of waiver claims that don't include any Falcon cuts...I was told our guys were gonna get Snatched Up as soon as the world heard the Great Ones were available...

we lost 4 preseason games that we lead at half time, clearly we didn't have that many 'playmakers'

Can't believe we kept Hill over TBJ. Ollison is everything Hill was supposed to be for us and TBJ has way more vision and speed than Hill and Hill can't cacth. TBJ must have been terrible in pass pro.

Dungeon Family likes this

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s worth a shot to get anything from former players over an entire TC and preseason tbf :ninja: 

Of course, our game film by midseason matchup will reveal the most! :lol:

Crawford is a good young prospect. I hope we bring Durant Miles in as the 10th at this point.

Or Devin Gray...since we lost on TBJ as well.

Which speaking of, I can understand him going to Tampa. Way less bodies in front of him to get a shot at 53 man this year.

Now, has TBJ been an electric return option we probably cut Barner instead. We wanted to keep a dedicated FB and looked for an upgrade/got one finally.

Just a shame that he couldn’t push Barner off the roster like Graham did Saubert and Paulsen.

They have all the opportunities to Marcus to unscrew himself. I don’t think Tony was ever back there?

Ergo Proxy likes this

10 hours ago, stizz said:

Can't believe we kept Hill over TBJ. Ollison is everything Hill was supposed to be for us and TBJ has way more vision and speed than Hill and Hill can't cacth. TBJ must have been terrible in pass pro.

At the end of the day, No matter if it was TBJ or it being Hill..Neither will see a ton of action this year barring injuries. Would not be surprised if Hill is one of the 7 inactives every week.

Freeman and Ito will eat most of the carries with Ollison getting some short yardage/goalline situations.

12 hours ago, stizz said:

Or, he looked horrible running with the ones. Loved the long TD run in the last game and there were some players on the Jags that weren't interested in tackling him. Watch that run  and imagine Debo tackling him for a 5 yard gain.

All 32 teams passed on him 7 times in the draft, then, all 32 teams passed on picking him up on waivers. Every single team decided not to select him 8 times. Yeah, yeah, Brady was a 6th round pick, Romo was undrafted, but there seems to be a consensus among teams he's not very good. 

Ergo Proxy and NaGaBoy like this

7 hours ago, falconidae said:

Or, he looked horrible running with the ones. Loved the long TD run in the last game and there were some players on the Jags that weren't interested in tackling him. Watch that run  and imagine Debo tackling him for a 5 yard gain.

All 32 teams passed on him 7 times in the draft, then, all 32 teams passed on picking him up on waivers. Every single team decided not to select him 8 times. Yeah, yeah, Brady was a 6th round pick, Romo was undrafted, but there seems to be a consensus among teams he's not very good. 

And how many times was Hill cut?

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

so much Hill hate. Give the guy a chance

No vision, speed and can't catch.

Just now, hjerry said:

Has nothing to do with this season

He brought up how TBJ was passed in the draft. I brought up how HIll was passed by many teams when he was ct before landing on Bengals PS. No speed. No vision. Can't catch. 

1 minute ago, stizz said:

He brought up how TBJ was passed in the draft. I brought up how HIll was passed by many teams when he was ct before landing on Bengals PS. No speed. No vision. Can't catch. 

Maybe Hill would've been passed on by all teams too. We don't know because he wasn't cut. We only know TBJ wasn't claimed