Osiruz

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So Seattle cut Geno Smith, back up QB, yesterday. Then, resigned him today. Does that make sense to anybody?

How could that make sense?

Unless...it’s a different Geno Smith from another Dimension!! :ninja:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae1e7c98acaf06363be

OK, it makes sense now. from the Seattle beat reporter from ESPN:

Geno Smith tells ESPN's Josina Anderson he is re-signing with the Seahawks. It appears it was indeed merely some roster maneuvering on the Seahawks' part when they released Smith Saturday. They needed a roster spot until the Jadeveon Clowney trade became official as they are giving up two players for one in that swap. So expect Smith to sign once that trade goes through.

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

OK, it makes sense now. from the Seattle beat reporter from ESPN:

Geno Smith tells ESPN's Josina Anderson he is re-signing with the Seahawks. It appears it was indeed merely some roster maneuvering on the Seahawks' part when they released Smith Saturday. They needed a roster spot until the Jadeveon Clowney trade became official as they are giving up two players for one in that swap. So expect Smith to sign once that trade goes through.

Don’t let the facts blind you to their true intentions!! :tiphat:

Drew4719 and falconidae like this

11 minutes ago, falconidae said:

What, did they just go through the roster going cut him,cut him, cut him, oh ####, didn't mean to cut him.

I'm not certain about this situation, but teams will cut a vet who doesn't have to clear waivers with the promise of bringing him back later in week so they don't have to cut someone who does/rookie. Once teams are in game prep, and 53 set, less likely to claim a guy they haven't seen much of.

Maybe you got a guy you don't think will clear waivers but want to put him on the PS. You wait until Wednesday to cut him and bring back the vet. Also may be a guy you want to claim off waivers, competition at a certain position, look at him for a few days, and cut the loser later in week. Basically they probably just wanted a roster spot just in case.

Ok I see reasoning for Seattle above. Essentially you cut a vet because they don't have to clear waivers vs a young guy. NE use to do it all the time, and bring the guy back late in the week.

Edited by jeffro2000

12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So Seattle cut Geno Smith, back up QB, yesterday. Then, resigned him today. Does that make sense to anybody?

Now they can pay him by the week, instead of for the whole season

47 minutes ago, falconidae said:

What, did they just go through the roster going cut him,cut him, cut him, oh ####, didn't mean to cut him.

Must’ve been a misclick. 

8 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I wonder if Neal will still be looking at atlanta or if he will turn his head around and see Seattle. Best of luck to him. 

:lol:

I thought Neal was just okay.

He seemed to be in the right spot at times, but it did bother me that he’d never turn his head to look for the ball before it got there, making him susceptible to PI calls.

I wish him well...except against us, of course.

NWFALCON and Drew4719 like this

May have missed it but Marcus Green to Eagles PS.  Wish him well.  Wanted to see what he had but certainly didn't see enough to be upset that he's not coming back.  I want TBJ to take his spot.

Drew4719 likes this

34 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

May have missed it but Marcus Green to Eagles PS.  Wish him well.  Wanted to see what he had but certainly didn't see enough to be upset that he's not coming back.  I want TBJ to take his spot.

I think this guy took his spot

Schwarzwald likes this