Osiruz

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

One move I'm not a fan of is cutting TBJ over Ricky Ortiz...if it were me, I'd have cut Ortiz and kept TBJ and allowed Stocker\Graham\Olly\Hill to FB by committee...

TBJ over Ortiz, Hill and barner...

I get they want special teams guys, but TBJ deserves a spot on this roster.  I don’t get keeping both Ollison and Hill.  They’re essentially the same guy.  And Ortiz is a scrub.

TBJ has the potential to be special.  I could only imagine what he’d do behind a starting offensive line.

Drew4719 and Falconcheff like this

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

anyone know if ZImmer is still practice squad eligible?

Yes he does.

Each team can carry up to four veterans - who can have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on the 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season) - on its practice squad, and a player can't be on a given practice squad for more than three seasons.

5 hours ago, Cole World said:

Yes he does.

Each team can carry up to four veterans - who can have no more than two accrued NFL seasons (six games on the 53-man roster qualifies as an accrued season) - on its practice squad, and a player can't be on a given practice squad for more than three seasons.

Think that makes Tavecchio eligible as well. Teams don't usually carry a kicker on the PS, wonder if the falcons would.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Think that makes Tavecchio eligible as well. Teams don't usually carry a kicker on the PS, wonder if the falcons would.

I don’t see a reason to. He will still be available should Bryant get hurt.

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

maybe we can sign that Vedvik guy the vikings cut

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I don’t see a reason to. He will still be available should Bryant get hurt.

What surprised me, The Falcohilic says we wont keep TBJ because he hasnt shown much? Predicts we use Green instead.. Maybe im blind but i definitely thought TBJ outplayed Green :shrug:

Dungeon Family and Drew4719 like this

17 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

What surprised me, The Falcohilic says we wont keep TBJ because he hasnt shown much? Predicts we use Green instead.. Maybe im blind but i definitely thought TBJ outplayed Green :shrug:

I wouldn’t mind Green as a part of our practice squad, but if I had to choose based on preseason performances, I’d go with TBJ.

Hopefully we have a chance to land both of them, but it’s more likely we have a better shot at Green seeing that TBJ put more on film to entice other teams to claim him off waivers.

Green had opportunities to showcase his skills in preseason on special teams while TBJ only had our last game and occasional snaps in games prior...he made the most of it.

I’m crossing my fingers to keep them both. They could provide explosiveness on special teams and more versatility on offense, if needed.

Edited by Dungeon Family

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I guess the Cardinals are gonna claim every player cut this weekend.

They need to cut the entire offensive line tbh.. Not being able to block anyone is a huge problem.. Did you see them in preseason? Thier starting oline was worse than any 3rd string i watched

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Dolphins in full tank/rebuild mode no doubt.. Heard no democrats are welcome with the fins :munch:

Probably worried they would fake an injury so that they could live off of an inuury settlement

Edited by LouDog
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this