Osiruz

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!! People act like it's safe to just put guys on the practice squad, but yes other teams and swoop in and sign them.

Thanks.

I guess bye-bye Larkin and Brooks James.

Oh well...:(

JDaveG, Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, socalriseup said:

They got 2 first and 1 second. Gave tunsil and stills

Guess that’s a good haul, but Tunsil could be a top 3 LT very soon. Still don’t think I would trade Tunsil for that. 

5 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

They have to be signed to the other teams roster tho. So they’ll have to create space for those players. 

Okay, important stipulation.  Thx

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!! People act like it's safe to just put guys on the practice squad, but yes other teams and swoop in and sign them.

Also people act like cut players are pure gold but the thing is they have to be signed to an active roster by somebody else... our practice squad guys have to be better than somebody else's active roster...

Just now, Falconcheff said:

Also people act like cut players are pure gold but the thing is they have to be signed to an active roster by somebody else...

So, doesn't change the fact that teams that aren't as deep and as good as the Falcons probably have players on their 53 man rosters that they're willing to cut to sign one of the players the Falcons cut.

Drew4719 and octoslash like this

Gono, Grace, Graham, and Zaccheaus...UDFA gems last 2 years. Poole before that.

Nice record on finding and developing UDFAs.

Unfortunately, Marcus Green was a dud this year; so far. Makes you wonder who will make the practice squad...

Green

BrooksJames

Blake

Gray

Miller

Miles

Crawford

Zimmer

Larkin

Etling

Cooper

Neal

Stanley

Thats a real nice problem to have with practice squad competition; although I don’t know who is eligible. I probably missed a couple guys, too.

41 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'm ignorant I admit.

Can any NFL team just grab up your practice squad players, willy-nilly?

Yes they can. But they have to be signed to the active roster. Alot of fans overrate alot of players that get cut. These coaches and gms know what they are doing most of the time

octoslash and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes they can. But they have to be signed to the active roster. Alot of fans overrate alot of players that get cut. These coaches and gms know what they are doing most of the time

We saw such good production from so many new players this preseason, I sure won't be surprised when a few of them wind up on other rosters.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

7 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Dang. Haha. There goes the cap savings from cutting him. 

Well, to be fair we had more cap room for offseason from March through August. :tiphat:

Helps having space since you can't predict all the numbers and structure on all UFAs + re-signings and new deals for Julio/Debo/Grady.

6 hours ago, falconidae said:

Guess he's not getting 175 yards and 4 TDs after all.

Welp, there goes our conditional pick. :(

5 hours ago, stizz said:

You guys realize if we had beat reporters who did their job, we'd know more than 5 cuts by now right?

Would you wanna risk being on the list, too?4CC0DC55-8F3C-480B-BECF-2345BE3AC210.jpeg.68f6694e9cf843be0585f583d3e0875c.jpeg

thirdnlong and NWFALCON like this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Gono, Grace, Graham, and Zaccheaus...UDFA gems last 2 years. Poole before that.

Nice record on finding and developing UDFAs.

Unfortunately, Marcus Green was a dud this year; so far. Makes you wonder who will make the practice squad...

Green

BrooksJames

Blake

Gray

Miller

Miles

Crawford

Zimmer

Larkin

Etling

Cooper

Neal

Stanley

Thats a real nice problem to have with practice squad competition; although I don’t know who is eligible. I probably missed a couple guys, too.

Gray, Blake, Etling, Larkin, Brooks-James & Zimmer are my hopefuls.

Schwarzwald and thirdnlong like this

43 minutes ago, octoslash said:

We saw such good production from so many new players this preseason, I sure won't be surprised when a few of them wind up on other rosters.

I always take the preseason with s grain of salt. I like to see how depth players play against starters before I offer an opinion on how good I believe they can be

papachaz and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Gray, Blake, Etling, Larkin, Brooks-James & Zimmer are my hopefuls.

I hope so, too. Gray may never crack a roster, but he has flashed. Blake was closest to OZ for that 6th spot.

If you can stash both all year? They replace Sanu and Hardy next season possibly.

In other news, Marvin Hall was released by CHI.

4LoveoftheGame likes this

It's also important to note that guys cut and/or sent to the practice squad aren't as good as we may think they are.

Other teams have practice squads too and they also want to develop their own diamonds in the rough .

Drew4719 and Schwarzwald like this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Also, dont we have a chance to add a ps player to our active roster before another team can make a deal? 

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Also, dont we have a chance to add a ps player to our active roster before another team can make a deal? 

Yes you can add that player to the active roster to keep another team from getting him. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I always take the preseason with s grain of salt. I like to see how depth players play against starters before I offer an opinion on how good I believe they can be

True, but it's hard not to be excited by what we've ended up with roster wise, when you look at some of the guys we had to cut.

Schwarzwald and youngbloodz like this

12 minutes ago, octoslash said:

True, but it's hard not to be excited by what we've ended up with roster wise, when you look at some of the guys we had to cut.

That's true. Falcons had some tough decisions. I hope they add Larkin to the PS

Drew4719, octoslash and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No.  If you want to sign a PS player on another team you must put them on the active roster.  You cannot grab a PS player from another team and place him on your PS.

Sorry for the repetition.  I saw the question and incomplete answer and thought it was important to provide a more accurate response.  I think I was 12th to post an answer.  Sorry for wasting space on here. 

You people better know the answer now.  There will be a test tomorrow.  :)

Edited by NaGaBoy
Redundant

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

No.  If you want to sign a PS player on another team you must put them on the active roster.  You cannot grab a PS player from another team and place him on your PS.

Sorry for the repetition.  I saw the question and incomplete answer and thought it was important to provide a more accurate response.  I think I was 12th to post an answer.  Sorry for wasting space on here. 

You people better know the answer now.  There will be a test tomorrow.  :)

I never said that one team could had a Falcons practice squad player to their practice squad. I said they could sign them from the Falcons practice squad which is true.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I never said that one team could had a Falcons practice squad player to their practice squad. I said they could sign them from the Falcons practice squad which is true.

Yes, you are correct.  I did not mean to imply that you stated anything incorrectly.  I wanted to provide additional detail.  Any team that wants to sign one of our PS players must first deal with who they will cut from their active roster.  For some teams this may be relatively painless, but for many teams, this is too risky.  They would be cutting a player they know well for a player they saw for a limited time in preseason. It usually happens because their depth at a position is inadequate for the season.