Osiruz

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

That Clowney trade is highway robbery for the Hawks. Wth were the Texans thinking? How do you not get back Rashaad Penny at the very least? 

Just gave up one of the better DEs in the league for a 3rd and two trash LBs. I get he's one a one year deal but still. It's not like the Texans are struggling for cap space either. Should have just paid the man.

Because it’s a 1-year rental. 

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

If we weren't stacked at running back,  the Muhammed kid would be someone I'd look at. 

I recognized the name because for some reason the dude is a God in madden even being a super low overall.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Because it’s a 1-year rental. 

He's not necessarily a rental. The Hawks can franchise him again next season. Even if the do let him walk the Seahawks will get a 3 round comp pick the following season. It's terrible value for one of the better ends in the league 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

He's not necessarily a rental. The Hawks can franchise him again next season. Even if the ly do let him walk the Seahawks will get a 3 round comp pick. The following season. 

If they franchise him he sits again next year and forces another trade. 

JDaveG likes this

Just now, TD_Lover said:

If they franchise him he sits again next year and forces another trade. 

True, but even if he does walk the Hawks would be getting a 3rd round comp pick back. 

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think he still wanted to play but the phone was not ringing.

I mean think of all of the teams needing kickers and no one calls one of the most kickers in the league??

You can't tell me retirement did not start to creep into his mind

Of course I don't know what he's thinking but I would guess he would give himself at least the 2019 season to see how the kicking environment is. If no one calls during the entire season then maybe at that point he would think of retiring.

49ers released WR Jordan Matthews.

Matthews was trying to earn the 49ers' final receiver spot on a one-year, $2 million deal. His release means Kendrick Bourne has likely made the 53-man roster. Now 27, Matthews has lost his legs after a series of lower-body injuries.

Wow this guy used to be very good, but injuries brought him way down.

Dolphins released DE Tank Carradine.

Carradine was one of the few veterans remaining on Miami's defensive line. He was the early frontrunner to start opposite Charles Harris, but lost out to preseason sack leader Nate Orchard. Carradine's release saves $720K in cap space.

49ers waived OG Josh Garnett.

The injury-prone first-rounder mustered only five appearances the past two seasons due to a prolonged knee injury and other ailments. He finishes his three-year tenure with the Niners with only 12 games under his belt as the team's No. 28 overall pick in the 2016 draft. He'll land with another suitor if only for his previous first-round pedigree.

Eagles waived RB Boston Scott.

Scott barely played this preseason, seeing just 24 snaps and producing a 10-40-1 rushing line. He was a sixth-round pick of the Saints last year.

Redskins waived RB Samaje Perine.

Perine was the 114th pick out of Oklahoma back in 2017. He appeared in all 16 games as a rookie, starting eight, but averaged a pitiful 3.4 yards per carry en route to a 175-603-1 line on the ground. He got just eight carries as a sophomore, and the Redskins are moving on with Adrian Peterson, Derrius Guice, and Chris Thompson atop the depth chart.

Bills released S Kurt Coleman.

One of coach Sean McDermott's pals from their time together in Carolina, Coleman is just running out of gas at 31 years old. He could land with a contender as a third or fourth safety.

Raiders released WR Marcell Ateman

Ateman wasn't terrible in the final seven weeks of 2018, catching 15-of-30 targets for 154 yards and one touchdown after the Amari Cooper trade and Martavis Bryant suspension. He caught 8-of-11 targets for 101 yards in the 2019 preseason. Still, Ateman's plus size (6-foot-5 and 216-pounds) ultimately wasn't enough to make up for a lack of separation ability stemming from his below-average speed (4.62-second 40-yard dash) and athleticism (38th-percentile SPARQ-x athlete).

Jaguars waived DB Quenton Meeks.

Meeks made four appearances for the Jags last season, logging 47 snaps in all. He was beat out by Breon Borders for the team's fifth corner role this upcoming season. A three-year starter at Stanford, Meeks will undoubtedly get another shot in the league following final cuts.

Bills placed LB Vosean Joseph on injured reserve, ending his season.

The No. 147 overall pick of the draft, Joseph was injured in the preseason finale. He will now redshirt his rookie season. Joseph is an impressive athlete but also dealt with a hamstring injury during the pre-draft process. He figures to have a difficult time cracking the 53-man roster next summer.

Aug 31, 2019, 12:54 PM ET

Packers waived OG Justin McCray.

McCray has started 13 games over the previous two seasons for the Packers, but Green Bay went out and addressed its line during the offseason. The 27-year-old could land on his feet as an interior reserve.

Raiders released DT Ethan Westbrooks.

The ex-Ram has nine sacks across 67 career appearances. Just one of those came in 2018, though he appeared in all 16 games.

49ers waived S Adrian Colbert.

2 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Are we doing all of our cuts at 3:59 PM today???

He releases it about an hour before it's due. This happens every year. 

Just now, TD_Lover said:

He releases it about an hour before it's due. This happens every year. 

I honestly haven't paid attention these past few years. This is the first time I've been interested to see who is being cut given how good our defense looked in PS

Redskins released WR Brian Quick.

Quick has managed to carve out a role as a special teamer after failing to live up to his lofty draft status as the No. 33 overall pick in the 2102 draft by the Rams. Quick was just never the same after tearing up his shoulder with St. Louis.

Panthers waived WR Terry Godwin, DE Bryan Cox, LB Jared Norris, S Cole Luke, OG Rishard Cook, S Corrion Ballard, CB Josh Thornton, S Quin Blanding, TE Temarrick Hemingway, DT Bijhon Jackson, LB Sione Teuhema, WR DeAndrew White and TE Marcus Baugh.

Baugh was waived/injured. The No. 237 overall pick of the draft, Godwin managed just five preseason receptions for 30 yards. He will still presumably be stashed on the practice squad.