Osiruz

Falcon Cut Tracker Thread

762 posts in this topic

The Falcons have until 4:00 p.m. ET tomorrow to trim their roster down from 90 to 53 players in preparation for the regular season.

This one slipped under the radar during the middle of last night’s preseason win over the Jaguars, but general manager Thomas Dimitroff says the team will probably cut 27 players today, per Vaughn McClure at ESPN.

Dimitroff said probably 27 cuts tomorrow then the rest on Saturday.

— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) August 30, 2019

That will leave 10 more to come on Saturday.

Dimitroff, Dan Quinn and the rest of the front office have some difficult decisions to make. Their depth at receiver in particular presents challenges, as several talented players are no doubt going to get left behind.

Source: USA today.

Cole World, gazoo and FalconsZone7 like this

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

We keep white vick on the PS squad. He is actually very talented and could be better once he learns the playbook.

I agree, as long as no one else picks him up.  He has to be waived first, then we can try to sign him to PS.  Remember, Atlanta had to submit a waiver claim to get Etling when Pats cut him, so they may think there are others out there that have interest.

Osiruz likes this

9 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Only because we won’t keep 3 quarterbacks and I don’t believe he’s able to be stashed on the practice squad.  

Etling played great last night.

9 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

We keep white vick on the PS squad. He is actually very talented and could be better once he learns the playbook.

Not Etling. The WR wearing #7 that got the ball stripped last night. Dude has not looked good all preseason.

Etling will probably stay on the PS. 

I feel like we actually have some depth this year. Good job by the front office this past offseason it's like night and day compared to last year where I don't recall anyone really being "worried" about who was gonna get cut before the start of the year.

16 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Not Etling. The WR wearing #7 that got the ball stripped last night. Dude has not looked good all preseason.

Etling will probably stay on the PS. 

Yea I realized that a little bit after I posted.  

Gotta give him a different nickname.  You say White Vick and instantly you think white QB with some wheels aka etling 

35 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

37 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Only because we won’t keep 3 quarterbacks and I don’t believe he’s able to be stashed on the practice squad.  

Etling played great last night.

Waiting for yall to realize he's talking about a receiver and not Etling who wore #1...

9 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Waiting for yall to realize he's talking about a receiver and not Etling who wore #1...

Go up 2 posts

39 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

TD, king of the premature cut. 

Wonder who he will call back later after making a mistake 

What’s the context of this?

cutting the guys you don’t expect to keep earlier is to their advantage no?

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

25 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

What’s the context of this?

cutting the guys you don’t expect to keep earlier is to their advantage no?

Poster just has to be consistent and make a baseless, off the wall negative comment. Nothing new or of value as usual.

papachaz and Flyin' In DC like this