My 53 Roster

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Roster

QB – Ryan, Schaub – 2

RB – Freeman, Ito, Ollison, TBJ, Barner – 5

WR – Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Gage, Hardy, Blake – 6

TE – Hooper, Stocker, Graham – 3

OL – Matthews, Carpenter, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary, Brown, Sambrailo, Gono, Schweitzer – 9

DL – Clayborn, Beasley, McKinley, Jarrett, Crawford, Davison, Bailey, Senat, Cominsky, Larkin – 10

LB – Jones, Campbell, Foye, Grace, Riley – 5

DB – Trufant, Oliver, Kazee, Allen, Neal, Wreh-Wilson, Miller, Sheffield, Neasman, Cooper – 10

ST – Harris, Bosher, Bryant – 3

Offense – 25, Defense – 25; ST: - 3; Total – 53

Practice Squad Considerations if Eligible: DB Neal, DB Stanley, DL Zimmer,  QB Etling, TE Gray, WR Zaccheaus, OL Miller, RB Hill, DL Miles, LB Bethune, DB Calhoun, LB Crawford, WR Green, DL Tuioti-Mariner, WR Worton

There are 15 there and only 10 can stay – I don’t know who is and isn’t eligible.

Man I am so ready for this season. This is the most complete roster I think we've had in a long time.

Edited by jfalconsp

Wasn't Calhoun already cut a few weeks back?  And does Zimmer even still have PS eligibility?

And not sure if this is right, but I don't think a 3rd QB counts against the 53 or the PS 10 limit.  Plus TE Gray still doesn't either.

This looks pretty good for the 53.

I still think Brian Hill and Ismael make it somehow, though.

Maybe Sheffield or Miller go to PS.  Same with TBJ.

And I'm still 50/50 between Blake and Gray for 6th WR, if we even have a 6th.

Man...that DL!  I really believe that it'll be the strength of the team. Larkin has been turning heads for a few games now.  First, it was Cominsky and lately, it's been, Larkin.  He sheds his blocks and go straight down the line for the tackle when he's asked.  He also pressures the QB.  If he stays, it'll be interesting to see how he does against 1st team, NFL level linesmen.  Can't wait.

PokerSteve likes this

Just looking at that 53 and forgetting about who didn't make it, this is a pretty dam impressive group. Our DL is loaded. LB's looking like an elite group. Back end guys are solid. Offense ready to trash just about any D in the NFL. In a nutshell, this roster could be SB quality. Can't wait to see them play for real.

I think keeping Hardy allows Barner to be expendable, thus leaving us with an opening for another LB or good special teams guy...

I also don’t think Etling clears waivers

I like your 53-man final roster.  I think that LB Del'Shawn Phillips, whom you omitted,  will definitely make the Practice Squad.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

I think keeping Hardy allows Barner to be expendable, thus leaving us with an opening for another LB or good special teams guy...

I also don’t think Etling clears waivers

Who is our returner then - Hardy?

KRUNKuno likes this

59 minutes ago, theProf said:

I like your 53-man final roster.  I think that LB Del'Shawn Phillips, whom you omitted,  will definitely make the Practice Squad.

Thanks forgot him. And I was just giving options for the practice squad, I don't know who is eligible still or not. Lots of options though.

2 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Who is our returner then - Hardy?

Yep...

At least he’ll catch the ball.  

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Wasn't Calhoun already cut a few weeks back?  And does Zimmer even still have PS eligibility?

And not sure if this is right, but I don't think a 3rd QB counts against the 53 or the PS 10 limit.  Plus TE Gray still doesn't either.

This looks pretty good for the 53.

I still think Brian Hill and Ismael make it somehow, though.

Maybe Sheffield or Miller go to PS.  Same with TBJ.

And I'm still 50/50 between Blake and Gray for 6th WR, if we even have a 6th.

Yeah like I said not sure who still has PS eligibility or not. We get 11 on the PS if we keep TE Gray bc of the international deal. 

I could definitely see Hill on the 53 but man I just want to keep TBJ on the 53. Ish - eh. I'd be afraid Sheffield and Miller would be poached on the PS.

3 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Yeah outside of Ish we are on the same page for sure. 

I think Cooper could make it but also think he can survive on STs.

10th DL, 5 LBs, FB/TE/RB are the areas to pay attention to tomorrow. 6-8 guys may make it or not based on how a couple position decisions go towards the overall roster structure.

I think we have to keep Graham, Grace, and TBJ.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I think Cooper could make it but also think he can survive on STs.

10th DL, 5 LBs, FB/TE/RB are the areas to pay attention to tomorrow. 6-8 guys may make it or not based on how a couple position decisions go towards the overall roster structure.

I think we have to keep Graham, Grace, and TBJ.

Agreed. Lots of young potential.

Ergo Proxy likes this

40 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Agreed. Lots of young potential.

As for PS, if we don't have them on the 53 we might be able to keep:

Larkin, Chandler Miller, Ryan Neal, Durrant Miles, Tre Crawford, Giorgio, Jayson Stanley, Etling, Zimmer, Marcus Green

I don't think TBJ, Graham or Grace will be stashable to the PS...