egoprime II

With So Many Young Guys, Clayborn Expendable

108 posts in this topic

Just now, vel said:

Exactly. For the first time, we are actually two full rotations deep of NFL players and they want to change that lol. For Austin Larkin. Imagine going into the playoffs hoping for a big game from Larkin. Like come on. I'm all for player development, but that's going WAY out on a limb. 

Exactly. I want to keep Larkin don't get me wrong but **** not at the expense of Clay.

Drew4719, vel, JDaveG and 4 others like this

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly. For the first time, we are actually two full rotations deep of NFL players and they want to change that lol. For Austin Larkin. Imagine going into the playoffs hoping for a big game from Larkin. Like come on. I'm all for player development, but that's going WAY out on a limb. 

:lol: @Knight of God was not lying when he said, “y’all love development around here.”

1 minute ago, vel said:

Love the "upside" story. The potential instead of the actual. What could be!

Exactly. I saw him fly off the ball last night on one snap and I was like “holy sh**”. I hope he sticks, I hope he gets a shot, and I hope he’s awesome. But you don’t cut your most experienced pass rusher for a preseason hero.

In fact, when you have a bunch of young guys with potential, the last thing you wanna do is cut the old guy. You want a salty old dog like Clay in that defensive line room to show these guys how to be pros. 

Ergo Proxy, PokerSteve, vel and 8 others like this

Not just no, but **** no.

The falcons thought Clay was expendable last season. He ain't to this unit.

His experience and edge he plays with are needed on this unit.

No. Naw. Nope. No thanks.

Gimme Clay.

PokerSteve likes this

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Exactly. I saw him fly off the ball last night on one snap and I was like “holy sh**”. I hope he sticks, I hope he gets a shot, and I hope he’s awesome. But you don’t cut your most experienced pass rusher for a preseason hero.

In fact, when you have a bunch of young guys with potential, the last thing you wanna do is cut the old guy. You want a salty old dog like Clay in that defensive line room to show these guys how to be pros. 

Same guys who were mad we let Freeney walk because he could teach Vic. Or even Irvin.

But this is the same group who complains we don't win preseason games. At least I don't have to hear that for a year. 

The only reason at all to consider cutting a productive vet is because we have no guys signed next year.  If two rookies were close to the same as a vet, you might take the rookies since they'll be here next year also.

As it is, we need all the pass rush we can get, so we might just risk them being able to make it to the practice squad.

1 hour ago, vel said:

I love when fans complain about other teams adding pass rushers when they already have some and we want to hang our hats on Cominsky and Larkin? Lol

The dumb thing is, Hageman could be gone and suddenly Larkin is the 10th DL if it's not Zimmer.

Zimmer and Hage both had injuries...

PokerSteve likes this

10 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Every preseason projection of our 53 man roster that I see, lists AC as a keeper.  Whether its here or the Falcoholic…..whatever.

I like AC and what he brings to the team.  At this point, there are only so many snaps to be had.   Bailey, Crawford, Beasley, Davison....they are going to get thiers.  How much would AC play?

Davison is a One tech DT. 

Tim Mazetti, Vandy, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

You don't let your best edge pressure man go.

He can play all over the line; especially vs the pass and let's you get better pressure rushing 3 or 4 only.

PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, vel said:

They cried like babies that we didn't have a fifth round pick to get 32 year old Michael Bennett but want to cut Clayborn because he's 31? Yea. Stupid. 

I cried like a baby when we didn't grab bennett and again when we let Clayborn go.

But I get that way sometimes......:)

2 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

Exactly. I love the deep line Quinn is building. He's definitely trying to have a bunch of guys with 450-550 snaps like in Seattle. Keeps our line from being tired at the end of games.

I've heard that somewhere before :lol:

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

Rather have Clay than Beasley. Not hating just the honest to God truth. Better pressure numbers and 100x better in the run game.

Beasley is just an expensive mistake 

egoprime II likes this

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

See Dwight Freeney’s impact in 2016 on our young defense.  Veteran presence is essential