Falconsfan567

2019 Upsets

175 posts in this topic

The bad thing for Kansas is how long will Les stay? With things not trending well for Harbaugh I honestly think he begins to seriously consider the NFL. Miles would never turn down Michigan, that's his dream job.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

The bad thing for Kansas is how long will Les stay? With things not trending well for Harbaugh I honestly think he begins to seriously consider the NFL. Miles would never turn down Michigan, that's his dream job.

Maybe. He "turned them down" in 2007

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Maybe. He "turned them down" in 2007

Former LSU AD said that. Miles didnt. In August of this year Miles said this about the 2007 Michigan search. The rumors were Lloyd Carr didn't think Miles was a good choice and urged the school to not hire him. Miles basically confirmed it in August. Said he just needed some backing and strength. 

“I don’t know that I was ever really close (to getting the job),” he said. “I was fortunate to be at a decent place. It didn’t work out and I’m sad that it didn’t.

They even put Texas vs TCU in the 3:30 window. Not sure what Fox is doing there. I guess they didnt want to fight ND vs Michigan in the primetime slot.

4 hours ago, Carter said:

The Wisconsin vs Ohio State game is a noon kickoff. How disappointing. <_<

Hyped. Think they dropped Illinois because they were looking ahead. I hope they come out pissed and play like it.

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Hyped. Think they dropped Illinois because they were looking ahead. I hope they come out pissed and play like it.

Should be a good game. One way or the other I just hope it’s not a blowout. I want the Dawgs to blowout everyone lol but as a football fan I hate blowouts. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

49 minutes ago, Carter said:

Should be a good game. One way or the other I just hope it’s not a blowout. I want the Dawgs to blowout everyone lol but as a football fan I hate blowouts. 

This.

I hope it's a last second field goal game.

Carter likes this

5 hours ago, Carter said:

The Wisconsin vs Ohio State game is a noon kickoff. How disappointing. <_<

that's the big 10 for you..  they love those noon kickoffs.. smh  it's very possible they did not want to compete with notre dame/michigan which will have a very big audience. 

30 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

This.

I hope it's a last second field goal game.

I’m told it’s a two score game.. still trying to get a wager.. but :shrug:

I guess it’s all talk..

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

With Wisconsin winning.

I will be pulling for the Badgers to pull it off. Has nothing to do with the Buckeyes QB either. I’ve never liked OSU and I have some really good Army buddies who are Wisconsin natives and fans, so I will be happy for them. They’ve had their sports hearts broken so many times too lol

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I will be pulling for the Badgers to pull it off. Has nothing to do with the Buckeyes QB either. I’ve never liked OSU and I have some really good Army buddies who are Wisconsin natives and fans, so I will be happy for them. They’ve had their sports hearts broken so many times too lol

Have always hated OSU and it was made even worse by Urban Meyer.

Carter likes this

On 10/21/2019 at 1:37 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Have always hated OSU and it was made even worse by Urban Meyer.

very few people don't hate OSU..  i can't stand them.. 

On 10/20/2019 at 10:26 PM, SacFalcFan said:

that's the big 10 for you..  they love those noon kickoffs.. smh  it's very possible they did not want to compete with notre dame/michigan which will have a very big audience. 

Fox has the World series on Sat night so that takes out the night game.

Not sure why it isn't afternoon except for competing with other games (SEC).

Like you say, they love noon kickoffs, Fox promotes the mess out of the 12:00 kickoff, so probably felt that was their best option with 7:30-8 being a no-go.

Gives us 3 decent matchups Saturday at least at different times.

I expect this game to go like they always do. OSU's speed will be too much for Wisconsin.