McGary shutup The complainers for one night anyway

g-dawg

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The key for McGary and Lindstrom will be pass protection. Both are already NFL Caliber run blockers with potential to be elite.

Which is to be expected. Regardless Lindstrom is already a decent pass blocker from what I've seen, and while McGary is still raw on passing downs he actually did a good job to wash his man out when his man got the step on him (which was often). That's what you want to see from him, even if he gets beat he can minimize the damage and give the QB a lane to maneuver. I was impressed. 

54 minutes ago, atljbo said:

CXrVKXx.jpg

top notch athleticism at their position

I dont think we will move Lindstrom to center... I think guard is his spot.... One guy i am looking at and will be interested in what he does in our Plan D is Chandler Miller....

Agree on Miller.

Is Gono the future at LG?

Matthews/Gono/Miller/Lindstrom/McGary

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

CXrVKXx.jpg

top notch athleticism at their position

I dont think we will move Lindstrom to center... I think guard is his spot.... One guy i am looking at and will be interested in what he does in our Plan D is Chandler Miller....

Gono’s proday was in 38 degrees and 22mph crosswinds performing outside on a field he never had ever been on.  Field was actually condemned at the time.  Field was plowed from day before snow storm that morning. He got the screw job bc he was supposed to be performing inside and the Eagles lead scout switched it up on him 30 minutes before start.  He’s actually a 4.8 40 guy.  20 plus scouts all huddling up together freezing.  Gono’s agents who has many clients and 20 plus years in the business told me it was the worst weather conditions for a pro day he’s ever been too.  There was no way to escape the wind that day.  They gave him only 15 minutes to Warmup.  

Edited by Gonobeast

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Lol, he was pushing his guy faster than the RB could run it seemed like. 

Reminds me of "The Blindside" when Oher blocked that big mouthed racist kid slap into the parking lot.

It's a good time to be a falcon fan. Not only do we have reason to be optimistic about this season, but the futures so bright I gotta wear shades.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Agree on Miller.

He looks like the player they wanted when they drafted Schweitzer.

One thing is I understand that too make an NFL roster in Gono’s spot he has to be versatile but I really worry for undrafted and later draft picks to catch on with the information overload and the ability of being a multi position type player.

Ideally I’d like to see Gono anchored in one spot as a backup get that down and then throw more at him.Realistically as above because they have limited roster spots thee above has to insue.

Saw it with Schweitzer a left sided player predominantly coming out asked to play RG where everything you do is opposite hands and feet against beasts and limited time to get it down.I can see why sometimes he got it handed too him.

37 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He looks like the player they wanted when they drafted Schweitzer.

One thing is I understand that too make an NFL roster in Gono’s spot he has to be versatile but I really worry for undrafted and later draft picks to catch on with the information overload and the ability of being a multi position type player.

Ideally I’d like to see Gono anchored in one spot as a backup get that down and then throw more at him.Realistically as above because they have limited roster spots thee above has to insue.

Saw it with Schweitzer a left sided player predominantly coming out asked to play RG where everything you do is opposite hands and feet against beasts and limited time to get it down.I can see why sometimes he got it handed too him.

Absolutely nailed it. And I agree with the huge difference on playing different sides of the line, and letting a player lock down one spot before trying him at another.

Glaring as the difference in Dline play since Quinn took over, almost as glaring as been the improvement in oline play amongst lower tier players. The technique and fundamentals of the oline has shown marked improvement, jets game notwithstanding, especially in run blocking.

IMO Mularkey probably deserves credit here as he brings run blocking bonafides honed from years of experience.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Agree on Miller.

I do think Gono's future will be at OG. Should be ready to claim the LG spot by next season (could do it this season), allowing cap-space freed-up by cutting Carpenter or Brown or both.

Would be a windfall if Miller developed, but may have to draft someone there. Cannot be cheap at the OC spot. Teams used to save their 7th round picks for finding a Center, that's not how it is done anymore. Most experts would now place OC in the top-ten category for positions of importance.

11 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I do think Gono's future will be at OG. Should be ready to claim the LG spot by next season (could do it this season), allowing cap-space freed-up by cutting Carpenter or Brown or both.

Would be a windfall if Miller developed, but may have to draft someone there. Cannot be cheap at the OC spot. Teams used to save their 7th round picks for finding a Center, that's not how it is done anymore. Most experts would now place OC in the top-ten category for positions of importance.

Agreed. A team can have the best tackles in the world, but if the center is lacking leaving one exposed up the middle, it's game over.

Ever since Thiesman got his leg broke, LT has been the focus on the oline for teams and fans.

I grew up watching Jeff Van Note who should be a hall of fame center, be the bedrock that some good falcon olines anchored to. The eagles won a ring on the play of their oline, anchored by their all pro center, allowing them to do so while running RPO's with Nick Foles.

IMO...Center is the most important block in building a good oline. A team can overcome a weak link at guard or tackle with scheme and help, but being weak at center is dang near impossible to overcome.

4 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

people would rather shoot themselves in the foot than to give Wes any props

Agreed. Haven't watched him in depth like I have Lindstrom, Gono, and McGary. But on the surface, Wes has looked decent at C with the back ups.

I thought Wes did ok last season in between Mack and Matthews on the left side too. I view him as a servicable back up who could develop into a good starter with time and coaching.

7 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Agreed. A team can have the best tackles in the world, but if the center is lacking leaving one exposed up the middle, it's game over.

IMO...Center is the most important block in building a good oline. A team can overcome a weak link at guard or tackle with scheme and help, but being weak at center is dang near impossible to overcome.

all you gotta do is look at us from 2015  & 2016. the only thing that changed is we went from Person to Mack at OC. and Person has turned out to be a decent blocker in SF

3 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

all you gotta do is look at us from 2015  & 2016. the only thing that changed is we went from Person to Mack at OC. and Person has turned out to be a decent blocker in SF

Or watch the difference in the saints this season who lost Unger to retirement. I don't care who replaces him, that's a huge loss.

On 30/8/2019 at 2:28 PM, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Reminds me of "The Blindside" when Oher blocked that big mouthed racist kid slap into the parking lot.

It's a good time to be a falcon fan. Not only do we have reason to be optimistic about this season, but the futures so bright I gotta wear shades.

Agreed my man, even post Matt Ryan/ Julio Jones I think if we can get lucky and draft a serviceable QB replacement we'll be in contending shape with pieces like Jake Mathews, Lindstrom, McGary, Calvin Ridley on offense and Dion Jones, Grady Jarret, Tak, and Keanu Neal on defense hopefully all still on the team.