McGary shutup The complainers for one night anyway

g-dawg

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

what should excite everybody is that we have Matthews and we have Mack (right now) .... But yo we have 3 YOUNG talented prospects entering the pipeline..... Lindstrom, Mcgary, and Gono

If Lindstrum or Gono can play center, the OLine is set for years. I'd expect that to be Lindstrum. Keep Gono on a cheap second contract, let him take Matthew's place in a few years.

8 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Let’s see how soon he gets up to speed for a full game.

He did go through most of TC before going down just before preseason... Said his tiredness effected him just before his play ended tonight. Got really tired. 

Wouldn’t want a guy spelling him for a quarter in a close road game.

Just gotta hope he isn’t that far behind in conditioning. He did sit for a few weeks.

Yea that has to be the only thing holding him from walking into that RT role immediately.  Hopefully he gets his legs under him quick.  If Lindstrom and Kaleb pan out...huge huge deal for this offense.

TROFFED

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

If Lindstrum or Gono can play center, the OLine is set for years. I'd expect that to be Lindstrum. Keep Gono on a cheap second contract, let him take Matthew's place in a few years.

Nah...Lin is a pure Guard and not going to be moved.  We will have to draft a replacement center in the next year or so, but Matthews is not going anywhere for a while.  

17 minutes ago, Redswingline2 said:

Nah...Lin is a pure Guard and not going to be moved.  We will have to draft a replacement center in the next year or so, but Matthews is not going anywhere for a while.  

Lindstrum is an excellent athlete, no reason he can't make the shift. Of all the Olinemen on the Falcons right now, I think he's the best choice to  take over.

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The key for McGary and Lindstrom will be pass protection. Both are already NFL Caliber run blockers with potential to be elite.

Yep. I've rewatched Lindstrom's pass blocking fairly close, knowing it's preseason he still is far past what I was guessing going in as far as pass blocking.

Like most positions in football, pass blocking is about technique, fundamentals, and communication/team work. Both rookies look to have the technique and fundamentals, they both seem well coached.

Been along time since the falcons had two stud olineman like this come along together.