McGary shutup The complainers for one night anyway

g-dawg

2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I guess you see how he feels tomorrow and rebounds from only a half of football. See how practice goes over the next 10 days. He probably needs some more conditioning though. 

He won just about every down and deserves the right to earn the start

Yes, he was not beaten on any play, but had a run around by his guy for no result when his time clock kicked in.

He was ready.

I love his attacking style.

30 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’d work him in there’s no rush here with McGary.

Honestly, playing shape for a full game is about the only thing holding McGary back from week 1.

Seriously.

He looked better than Gono and Ty easily; albeit against 2nd and 3rd string but he DOMINATED them ALL GAME LONG.

Said he was really tired after playing just 2 quarters.

I think worst case is a week or two into the season.

He was beat on a 3rd down in the first couple of drives and let the DL into his pads on a coverage sack; not sure if his guy got the sack credit.

Thats the only plays I saw that weren’t clean. Everything else was fine to dominating.

1 minute ago, athell said:

If he is medically cleared and he is the best option at RT despite missing a month, you put him out there and let him work.  No use holding him back, especially because he seems like the type of player that will make a mistake, learn, correct, and dump someone on their *** the next time.

Let’s see how soon he gets up to speed for a full game.

He did go through most of TC before going down just before preseason... Said his tiredness effected him just before his play ended tonight. Got really tired. 

Wouldn’t want a guy spelling him for a quarter in a close road game.

Just gotta hope he isn’t that far behind in conditioning. He did sit for a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Let’s see how soon he gets up to speed for a full game.

He did go through most of TC before going down just before preseason... Said his tiredness effected him just before his play ended tonight. Got really tired. 

Wouldn’t want a guy spelling him for a quarter in a close road game.

Just gotta hope he isn’t that far behind in conditioning. He did sit for a few weeks.

Yeah I agree. No need to rush him. Fatigue leads to penalties and Injuries. 

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Put him out there but be prepared to sub him some.

Could be an option. He’s also got another week to get closer. Not a ton of time, but he was in football shape before and missed like what, 4 weeks? It was a valuable learning period he missed but overall not a ton of time really passed where he was out

5 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Could be an option. He’s also got another week to get closer. Not a ton of time, but he was in football shape before and missed like what, 4 weeks? It was a valuable learning period he missed but overall not a ton of time really passed where he was out

I'll be absolutely stunned if he doesn't play some against the Vikings. It may not be a whole lot but he'll dress and play some.