Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atlfalcons08

Matt Bryant Trying Out For Falcons Tomorrow

Wouldn't one have to assume that Bryant isn't interested in taking any less than what he would have made had we not cut him in the first place? What was he due to make, about 2.8 Mil?  Seems to me that would be a reasonable starting point...

Last year we signed him for 3 yr, 10 M; dude's prolly gonna want a li'l bit of what we left on the table from next year's numbers as well...We currently have around 3.6 available cap room...safe to assume Bryant wants all of it?

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How is it a mistake to try to move on when based on the ONLY EVIDENCE TD had was that Gio could handle the job? Guys can't play forever. Sooner or later you have to move on from guys. Trying to move on from Bryant was not a mistake.

Sure guys can’t play for ever but don’t **** up this year for future. We all saw what happened replacing Todd McClure, Clayborne and JA55 in 2013. If they had decent replacement, no one would be concerned. If Bryant gives you best option for half season or full season, take every game. 

21 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Wouldn't one have to assume that Bryant isn't interested in taking any less than what he would have made had we not cut him in the first place? What was he due to make, about 2.8 Mil?  Seems to me that would be a reasonable starting point...

Last year we signed him for 3 yr, 10 M; dude's prolly gonna want a li'l bit of what we left on the table from next year's numbers as well...We currently have around 3.6 available cap room...safe to assume Bryant wants all of it?

I think Bryant probably takes 1.5 M-1.8 M. Between veteran minimum and 2 M/yr.

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Sure guys can’t play for ever but don’t **** up this year for future. We all saw what happened replacing Todd McClure, Clayborne and JA55 in 2013. If they had decent replacement, no one would be concerned. If Bryant gives you best option for half season or full season, take every game. 

This is what pisses me off when it comes to you. You speak as if you knew it was a guarantee that Gio would flop when there's not a shred of evidence to support that. Based on the evidence we had it was fully believed that Gio could handle the job. Unless you're God and know the future get the **** off your high horse.

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Dude, I have seen enough posts on how his leg gonna fall off hitting a 50 yarder. How he is washed up coz of age. If you didn’t see those posts then look. I just don’t get it why the hate. I don’t care who it is kicking. Kick the **** FG. TD admitted the mistake.

That's not hating, just reality. He did hurt himself making a kick last year, he had back problems all year long.

There's been exactly one kicker in NFL history who has made a 50+ yard FG after age 44. 

If Bryant is the second, great. If they sign Bryant back, I'll be rooting for him to make every kick, just like I would have if Tavecchio ws the kicker. But, acting like the Falcons had no reason to cut Bryant is just silly.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is what pisses me off when it comes to you. You speak as if you knew it was a guarantee that Gio would flop when there's not a shred of evidence to support that. Based on the evidence we had it was fully believed that Gio could handle the job. Unless you're God and know the future get the **** off your high horse.

fwiw, I don't think he is saying he predicted anything.  Gio was great last year and I think everyone saw the writing on the wall.  I think he is saying that right now, this season, plan a (Gio), plan b (Walsh) were not as successful as the front office had hoped so the front office moved to plan c (Bryant).

I really don't think they wanted Bryant back tbh, but atm he is their best and most logical choice to give us a kicker than can consistently kick the ball through the uprights.

1 hour ago, athell said:

fwiw, I don't think he is saying he predicted anything.  Gio was great last year and I think everyone saw the writing on the wall.  I think he is saying that right now, this season, plan a (Gio), plan b (Walsh) were not as successful as the front office had hoped so the front office moved to plan c (Bryant).

I really don't think they wanted Bryant back tbh, but atm he is their best and most logical choice to give us a kicker than can consistently kick the ball through the uprights.

That's fine. But it doesn't make it a make it a mistake for TD to attempt to move on. That's the part I'm taking exception with.

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dude go read my OP. I never predicted. I have been to camps for over decade. I provided evidence how he was missing kicks. You refused to see the evidence. Thank god TD and DQ admitted and started talking to Matt 4 weeks ago. Don’t get too emotional. The reality was there to see 4 weeks ago. The coach staff did the right thing.

1 hour ago, athell said:

I never predicted or wanted Gio to fail. TS admitted they started talking about Bryant 4 weeks ago. So yeah they were concerned about kicker and saw if he improved. Homers are blind to see the evidence when he was missing kicks from camp. I don’t care who kicks, line up and kick. 

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's fine. But it doesn't make it a make it a mistake for TD to attempt to move on. That's the part I'm taking exception with.

You were wrong. TD was wrong. Give it a rest. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

TD and DQ made it right. Every one makes mistakes, it takes guts to go correct it. 

Agree we all make mistakes.

Just glad it all worked out.

And this is FIRST TIME ...entire Falcons Nation gave their wrath to Mr. BLANK AND F.O.

That shows they care about the team and FANS as well.

27 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Dude go read my OP. I never predicted. I have been to camps for over decade. I provided evidence how he was missing kicks. You refused to see the evidence. Thank god TD and DQ admitted and started talking to Matt 4 weeks ago. Don’t get too emotional. The reality was there to see 4 weeks ago. The coach staff did the right thing.

Getting Matt Bryant back now is a good move. I'm glad they did it. But it wasn't until the game where he missed the 39 yard field goal that I thought it was a problem. I wasn't concerned with him missing 2 50 plus yard field goals in the previous games. I thought it was an overreaction because I don't place any stock at all in practice. That is where we differ at. You believe practice is far more important than I do. It's still not a mistake what happened with Bryant back in March or whenever it was when he was cut. 

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Getting Matt Bryant back now is a good move. I'm glad they did it. But it wasn't until the game where he missed the 39 yard field goal that I thought it was a problem. I wasn't concerned with him missing 2 50 plus yard field goals in the previous games. I thought it was an overreaction because I don't place any stock at all in practice. That is where we differ at. You believe practice is far more important than I do. It's still not a mistake what happened with Bryant back in March or whenever it was when he was cut. 

It’s not what fans believe. TD and DQ saw the problem 4 weeks ago and they admitted talking about Bryant weeks ago. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

It’s not what fans believe. TD and DQ saw the problem 4 weeks ago and they admitted talking about Bryant weeks ago. 

It still doesn't make it a mistake. That's the problem I have with you and your posts. Unless you can go back March and prove that you knew Gio would flop it's not a mistake. That's what you refuse to understand.

August is different. You were concerned about practice, I wasn't. Do you want a cookie or something for correctly predicting at the beginning of August that Gio would flop? I just don't understand what you gain out of trying to shame TD for making a move in March that looked fine at the time.

21 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It still doesn't make it a mistake. That's the problem I have with you and your posts. Unless you can go back March and prove that you knew Gio would flop it's not a mistake. That's what you refuse to understand.

August is different. You were concerned about practice, I wasn't. Do you want a cookie or something for correctly predicting at the beginning of August that Gio would flop? I just don't understand what you gain out of trying to shame TD for making a move in March that looked fine at the time.

When did I ever say it was mistake before today?  I said it after TD admitted it himself. Every one makes mistakes, kudos to TD to admit and trying to correct.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Doesn't look so clutch to me anymore.

I don't understand why fans don't get that kickers don't last beyond their 40s. Vinatieri fell off a cliff. Steeply. The Falcons were right in trying to move on from Bryant. They were also right in bringing him back now. 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, FalconsIn2020 said:

Is Adam V not still clutch at 47?  He was 10/12 on 50+ fg attempts last two years and he was born in ‘72

Lol no. He cost the Colts the game in LA and almost did it again today because of numerous misses.

17 minutes ago, vel said:

I don't understand why fans don't get that kickers don't last beyond their 40s. Vinatieri fell off a cliff. Steeply. The Falcons were right in trying to move on from Bryant. They were also right in bringing him back now. 

Exactly right. No way you slice it, it was not a mistake by TD to attempt to move forward with a younger kicker.