Atlfalcons08

Matt Bryant Trying Out For Falcons Tomorrow

381 posts in this topic

Just now, TD_Lover said:

Has a higher completion percentage than Bryant before he got to us. Even now he's just around 1% below Bryant.

lol *before he got to us

Love that lil disclaimer.  You slick dog.

1 minute ago, athell said:

lol *before he got to us

Love that lil disclaimer.  You slick dog.

I mean I'm just saying Bryant was pretty *** before he got here.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Has a higher completion percentage than Bryant before he got to us. Even now he's just around 1% below Bryant.

Man I dunno...he missed some time and that was back in 14!  He is sure to do it again!

Coach Jay Gruden said Friday that Kai Forbath has a sore right groin.

Forbath rested his leg in practice Friday, but plans to kick Saturday. If he can't go, the Redskins will need to sign another kicker.

Forbath missed three games last season with a sore groin in his kicking leg. He is listed as questionable on the injury report.

Just now, TD_Lover said:

I mean I'm just saying Bryant was pretty *** before he got here.

He was.  But one players success has nothing to do with anothers, nor can it be a predictor of their future success.

13 minutes ago, athell said:

I get your point, and you are correct, eventually we will have to move on.  But answer the question I asked YO...err...TD lol just now.  Who gives us our best chance at the position this year?

You guys are dooming him to more injuries, he could very well kick the entire year next year and be just fine.  That's my point.  He pulled a hammy and had a sore back ffs

I've repeatedly said I get it if they don't think the kicker position is secure for this year. I still believe the odds of him getting hurt are moderately higher than they need to be at a non-contact position. That's a risk yall are fine with taking. That's fine. 

And acting like his hammy and back are trivial like he didn't miss games over it....right.

1 minute ago, vel said:

I've repeatedly said I get it if they don't think the kicker position is secure for this year. I still believe the odds of him getting hurt are moderately higher than they need to be at a non-contact position. That's a risk yall are fine with taking. That's fine. 

And acting like his hammy and back are trivial like he didn't miss games over it....right.

I'm not saying they are trivial, vel.  I'm saying his injuries last year aren't guaranteeing injuries this year like some seem to think.  In your mind, he is destined to pull his hamstring on a kick.  I don't get that.

Back to my original point, our best option...for this year...is Matt Bryant.

Just now, athell said:

I'm not saying they are trivial, vel.  I'm saying his injuries last year aren't guaranteeing injuries this year like some seem to think.  In your mind, he is destined to pull his hamstring on a kick.  I don't get that.

Back to my original point, our best option...for this year...is Matt Bryant.

Your original point was not something I disagreed with. You can see that in my very first post in this thread that you replied to. My point is, non-contact injuries at that age don't suddenly just improve. Yes, he can possibly go this whole year without getting hurt. That's very possible. Just like it's very possible that he could. I'm not saying either or is going to happen, I'm just pointing out what happened last year and the likelihood is very real. You're acting like that's some absurd assumption. 

Ovie_Lover, athell and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, vel said:

Your original point was not something I disagreed with. You can see that in my very first post in this thread that you replied to. My point is, non-contact injuries at that age don't suddenly just improve. Yes, he can possibly go this whole year without getting hurt. That's very possible. Just like it's very possible that he could. I'm not saying either or is going to happen, I'm just pointing out what happened last year and the likelihood is very real. You're acting like that's some absurd assumption. 

I think we are saying the same things lol...so I'm gonna bow out and see how this plays out.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

Man I dunno...he missed some time and that was back in 14!  He is sure to do it again!

Coach Jay Gruden said Friday that Kai Forbath has a sore right groin.

Forbath rested his leg in practice Friday, but plans to kick Saturday. If he can't go, the Redskins will need to sign another kicker.

Forbath missed three games last season with a sore groin in his kicking leg. He is listed as questionable on the injury report.

You know that's completely different from a 44 year old Bryant man.

athell likes this

Just now, TD_Lover said:

You know that's completely different from a 44 year old Bryant man.

Aye, I'm just saying if you are gonna hold injuries over the head of 1 guy you gotta do it for another.  Fair is fair.

Not to mention, Forbath has only played 16 games twice in his career.  Bryant?  11

1 minute ago, athell said:

Aye, I'm just saying if you are gonna hold injuries over the head of 1 guy you gotta do it for another.  Fair is fair.

Not to mention, Forbath has only played 16 games twice in his career.  Bryant?  11

Didnt even look at his injury history. **** him too.

athell likes this

25 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

You say that but kickers almost always improve after a fresh start man. Clear the head, have homer fans hype you up and build your confidence and boom.

I don’t think he fell apart. His plant foot is further away from the ball. No idea why he changed that from last year or why it’s inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

boyyyyyyyyy today is do or die for the Italian ice..... Matt Bryant is not going to be in a kicking comp... Its his job if we sign him.... i think thats why we held off and brought in dude for a "competition"

i do think its time for us to find a younger kicker but we cant be out here losing games because we are missing kicks... we might have to s[end a day 3 pick on a kicker

Nick Rose could come back after Bryant retires

atljbo likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I can't wait to see this place go up in flames the first time Matt Bryant misses a kick this year, AND HE WILL MISS. Heaven forbid it be a game-winning FG.

Bryant has the benefit of the doubt. You can't get mad at Dan Quinn or Thomas Dimitroff because they tried other guys and they failed. If a kicker misses you can't really blame coaching. Fans will forgive Quinn if Bryant fails. But if Walsh or ice failed they would want Quinn fired.

vel and rounz like this

53 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Would suck to lose a game because he hurt himself on a field goal in the 1st and now we don't have a kicker.

I wonder if they’ve been down that track of the kicker going down early in a game.

I mean logically you’d think Bosher would be on standby for exactly that type of scenario.

OR wildcard Do everything Sanu steps up.

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Bryant has the benefit of the doubt. You can't get mad at Dan Quinn or Thomas Dimitroff because they tried other guys and they failed. If a kicker misses you can't really blame coaching. Fans will forgive Quinn if Bryant fails. But if Walsh or ice failed they would want Quinn fired.

It doesn't make any ******* sense though. Am I the only one that remembers 2009 when Bryant was signed and only made 7 of 10 field goals and everyone called for the Falcons to draft a kicker? Am I the only one that remembers 2 or 3 years ago when Bryant missed a couple short easy field goals in the early part of the season and everyone said he was done and washed up? This fan base is so fickle!! Worst thing about Atlanta sports fans is how quickly they turn on the hometown players when they have a bad game or two. It's absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off to no end.

vel, athell and falconidae like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It doesn't make any ******* sense though. Am I the only one that remembers 2009 when Bryant was signed and only made 7 of 10 field goals and everyone called for the Falcons to draft a kicker? Am I the only one that remembers 2 or 3 years ago when Bryant missed a couple short easy field goals in the early part of the season and everyone said he was done and washed up? This fan base is so fickle!! Worst thing about Atlanta sports fans is how quickly they turn on the hometown players when they have a bad game or two. It's absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off to no end.

Nope. Money Matt is automatic. You didn't know. He kicks 100%. I can go get another beer when Matt lines up to kick because he never misses. 

Falconsfan567 and Schwarzwald like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's the nature of sports man.  Look at the fans in Indy booing Luck.  While I understand it, fans turn on a dime.  It's almost like fans don't know wtf they are talking about most the time...

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Nope. Money Matt is automatic. You didn't know. He kicks 100%. I can go get another beer when Matt lines up to kick because he never misses. 

lol this got you all kinds of ways vel :)

vel likes this

People who are emotional are the ones who can’t see the problem at Kicker. I don’t care it’s Bryant or Morten Anderson, just kick the **** FG. Putting down Bryant isn’t gonna make the kicker better.