Atlfalcons08

Matt Bryant Trying Out For Falcons Tomorrow

381 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Was rooting for Gio and had faith in him. Was ready to make a pizza bet if he went into the season as the kicker.

He may still have a chance if all goes well for him tonight. Hopefully he gets a chance to kick a couple 50+ yarders and nails them. Writing may be on the wall though if Bryant is coming tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I wonder who the panicking people on here will move onto next now Bryant has been taken back? Beasley? Trufant? Ryan?

No one else on the team can cost us games like a kicker when we need a kick to win or tie the game :munch:

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

Well it’s pretty much a done deal at this point Quinn can’t risk this team’s season and his job on a kicker :tiphat:

Hasn't happened yet. All I'm saying.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I haven't watched a single pre season game to know how the kicks have looked in real time but have seen several close ups of some terrible holds. if we see Bryant miss some and he's fussing at the holder, we will know what the bigger issue is

ill be honest.. some of his misses just has been misses..... idk.... just flat out missing when he looked very good last year... 5 for 5

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

He may still have a chance if all goes well for him tonight. Hopefully he gets a chance to kick a couple 50+ yarders and nails them. Writing may be on the wall though if Bryant is coming tomorrow.

I'm willing to bet he can go 10/10 tonight and he won't be the starter on day 1 at this point.

Theyhateme : ) likes this

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Was rooting for Gio and had faith in him. Was ready to make a pizza bet if he went into the season as the kicker.

Was hoping he would capitalize on his opportunity...oh well.

ya_boi_j likes this

45 minutes ago, falconidae said:

They have 3.5 mil in cap space, don't need Julio's money to sign him.

Can’t be up against cap and need to make moves during season or to start the season. :shrug:

kiwifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

So they don't expect tonight's game to go well?

Your current FG kicker is gagging from 39, the new guy is 4 of 9 in practice, I would imagine their expectations for tonight's game are just a bit low. :lol:

Flying Falcon, rounz and Iron Saint like this

If they sign Bryant, great. Only thing is, the  reasons they cut him in the first place are still there. Hope whoever is kicking for the Falcons is lights out, but Bryant could end up with his own issues.

octoslash and Schwarzwald like this

Team has just been killing time for him to return,,  He needs to eat a lot of bananas and Black strape Molassas .. Full of potassium ..... That will give him some help flexabillity .. and strength ...

slick0ne likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

If they sign Bryant, great. Only thing is, the  reasons they cut him in the first place are still there. Hope whoever is kicking for the Falcons is lights out, but Bryant could end up with his own issues.

Possible issues in the future for Bryant are concerning, but not as concerning as right now we don't have a FG kicker who can kick FG's. :ninja:

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I haven't watched a single pre season game to know how the kicks have looked in real time but have seen several close ups of some terrible holds. if we see Bryant miss some and he's fussing at the holder, we will know what the bigger issue is

Isn't the holder the same guy it's been for what seems like 5+ years?

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

I think you still need a Plan B for if Bryant gets hurt again...

Can Giorgio still on the PS a year safely? :ninja: is he even eligible?! :ninja:

We will have to face this situation again sooner or later and it ain’t about money.

falconidae and rounz like this