Atlfalcons08

Matt Bryant Trying Out For Falcons Tomorrow

381 posts in this topic

Just now, socalriseup said:

Hahahaha schefter 

its true.... thats why i didnt get why ppls was saying... why didnt we sign Bryant to come in and compete withith Gio instead of Blair

If you sign Matt Bryat.... He is your kicker.... Thier is nooooo "kicker  competition" ... He is your guy so you gotta be sure you are done with Gio

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

ill be honest... im shocked .... the guy looked good last year.... that 56 yarder vs the giants was huge

Yeah it makes it easier to part ways with a 44 year old with hamstring and back issues.

And really...better for him to flop now rather than Week 5.

atljbo likes this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

ill be honest... im shocked .... the guy looked good last year.... that 56 yarder vs the giants was huge

I haven't watched a single pre season game to know how the kicks have looked in real time but have seen several close ups of some terrible holds. if we see Bryant miss some and he's fussing at the holder, we will know what the bigger issue is

Report: Falcons to work out Matt Bryant Friday

Matt Bryant may be on his way back to the Falcons, the team he kicked for from 2009-2018, after a seemingly messy divorce earlier in the year.
By Evan Birchfield and Dave Choate  Aug 29, 2019, 12:57pm EDT

Matt Bryant may be coming back to Atlanta.

After an ugly breakup in February, the Falcons may have decided to bring back the 8th most accurate kicker in NFL history, Matt “Money” Bryant, though that decision will presumably be pending tomorrow’s workout. This all comes following a summer in which Giorgio Tavecchio, the man the Falcons hand-picked to take over for Bryant, endured a shaky preseason where he missed a few kicks. Blair Walsh is currently the other kicker in Atlanta, and he and Tavecchio are still the guys expected to be kicking tonight against the Jaguars.

Matt Bryant currently has the most points scored in franchise history, and with Tavecchio looking shaky, it would not be surprising if the Falcons elected to bring him back in a season where they have Super Bowl aspirations. Bryant has worked out all off season to stay in kicking shape, following a hamstring injury which occurred in 2018 while making a 57-yard field goal. The only real surprise here is that the Falcons elected to do this after releasing Bryant earlier in the year and seemingly committing to Tavecchio, but missed field goals tend to fray a commitment pretty quickly.

Personally, I believe there’s a lot left in the tank for Matt Bryant, even if it’s only for a season. Even with his injury last season, he still went 20/21 (four of which were from 50+) and recorded his most accurate kicking percentage of his historic NFL career. We’ll see if this is a move to update the team’s call list or if the Falcons are planning to sign Bryant no matter what happens tonight against the Jaguars.

ESPN’s Vaughn McClure has since confirmed the workout.

Confirming @CoyWire report on kicker Matt Bryant working out tomorrow for Falcons. Noon workout. Physical at 9 a.m. Giorgio Tavecchio, Blair Walsh supposed to be competing tonight in final preseason game at Jacksonville, but this obviously changes... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41074557-4 

Flying Falcon likes this

11 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You realize it hasn't happened yet?

They already brought in Blair and kim jun hoo whatever his name. Now they are bringing in Bryant.

You realize that regardless of if he is signed or not, clearly the poster was correct that the falcons were not happy with the situation.

Flying Falcon likes this

Posted (edited)

The everything is fine with our kicking situation Homers once again need to eat crow :tiphat:

bryant coming because it was indeed a problem at kicker 

Edited by ButSkiuup
g-dawg and Flying Falcon like this

Posted (edited)

Considering the the hold has to change when a Southpaw kicker comes on the field, and so many things can go wrong to make a kick miss, I'm comfortable with releasing the Italian kid and looking for Bryant's replacement next offseason .

It's too delicate an operation to try to reinvent the wheel during a Superbowl window year.

Edited by FalconAge

23 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

I made a thread during the Jets preseason game about Tachecchio not being the answer and I got flamed. Oh how the tables have turned...

Yep. Every time they doubled down on the kicker situation, they look more and more wrong lol

ryantlanta and Flying Falcon like this

44 minutes ago, Atlfalcons08 said:

BREAKING: Former teammate @Matt_Bryant3 tells me he will be in Atlanta to try out with the Falcons tomorrow.

0 replies2 retweets5 likes

C'mon man...tryout?  Ridiculous.  They're bringing him in to negotiate a new contract.  TD can't be that stupid to say the man needs to tryout after being with the team umpteen years.

Flying Falcon likes this

27 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Bout. Gottammm. Time...

I told my wife, if we roll with Italian "Slush" (he's not worthy of Ice), I promise it costs us at least 2 games...

THIS!

ButSkiuup likes this

Hey, I saw the kicks he was making on Twitter. He looked solid!! But we all get brittle with age. Devil’s advocate: if Matt is still up to the task and they get two more good years from him and kick the can down the road, what’s not to like? But it is possible injury rears it’s ugly head again. 

Good luck to Matt!!! I have always been a fan.

I wonder who the panicking people on here will move onto next now Bryant has been taken back? Beasley? Trufant? Ryan?

Just now, BlazerSlayer said:

I wonder who the panicking people on here will move onto next now Bryant has been taken back? Beasley? Trufant? Ryan?

pretty sure those 3 along with julio and freeman have already been chosen. Gotta pick someone new like Hooper, Grady or Debo

rounz likes this

1 minute ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Bryant, they'll worry bout him hurting himself making a kick.

32 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You realize it hasn't happened yet?

Well it’s pretty much a done deal at this point Quinn can’t risk this team’s season and his job on a kicker :tiphat: