Atlfalcons08

Matt Bryant Trying Out For Falcons Tomorrow

381 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly!! Vel gets it!

I've said it many times on here, one of the greatest football minds ever, Bill Walsh, operated by the "it's better to get rid of a guy a year too soon rather than a year too late" way of business. It caused some hurt feelings along the way when guys got cut or traded and wanted to go back and rub it in his face, but it worked for him and got the Niners 4 Super Bowl titles in the 80s. He said in his later years after football that he regretted doing business like that, but it was nothing personal, just business.

But what about getting rid of Julio Jones like 4 years early surely the same complaining would be geniuses lol.

I had to sorry man.

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Looks like I need a new kicker in my fantasy league.

Since when do you actually care about kickers in fantasy football? Lol! 

But, heck yea I would get him if he locks in with Falcons.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not putting down Bryant. I'm putting down the fan base that are CELEBRATING Giogio's struggles just so the Falcons would bring back Matt Bryant because they don't know how to move on. We're fixing to start season 3 since Super Bowl 51 and we've got clowns here who are still emotionally invested in the outcome of that game and can't let it go because their fragile little ego's can't handle that the Falcons lost a football game. You mark my words, the first time Bryant misses a field goal this year there will be 5 immediate threads pop up calling for Bryant's head. That's the way this fan base is.

I never celebrated. I want all falcons to succeed, I don’t care who the player is just win baby.

4 hours ago, capologist said:

Jeanna Thomas looks like an even bigger horse's *** now after her twitter comments and it couldn't happen to a more needing person of a dose of humility...

What did I miss? She is a drama queen on twitter anyways.

2 hours ago, athell said:

Yup.  Which, tbh, they brought in Walsh...they recognized it was a problem and they addressed it.  Walsh was Walsh so they were able to swallow their pride and call Matt.  At the end of the day, they tried Plan B and Plan B didn't work out like they thought.  Adapt and overcome.

It makes me sad to see kickers in their own heads though.  It's depressing.

They live in a very stressful, isolated world. The mechanics of kicking are relatively simple. The mechanics of kicking a football straight when you're standing in front of 50,000 screaming fans demanding you make that FG are orders of magnitude more difficult. I can understand how it could cause your brains to turn to mush after awhile.

falcons007 and athell like this

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I never celebrated. I want all falcons to succeed, I don’t care who the player is just win baby.

I wouldn’t want G to fail!!!! My hopes after seeing him kick last year were high. Agreed on all succeeding. I wanted the same for G. The sad fact of life is we all age and lose it. But as long the job can be done, let them at! This forum can be brutal to each other. I have been on as a lurker for several years. I joined finally a few years ago. Haven’t really posted a lot. Early on I was accused of being a Saints fan. I hate the Saints. Truth be told I have probably been a Birds fan longer than most here. I remember the Steve Barkowski days! 

We shouldn’t be so harsh to each other here. There are more here way more familiar with the intricate details of football than I. That’s what I do like about here.

vitaman likes this

9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

They live in a very stressful, isolated world. The mechanics of kicking are relatively simple. The mechanics of kicking a football straight when you're standing in front of 50,000 screaming fans demanding you make that FG are orders of magnitude more difficult. I can understand how it could cause your brains to turn to mush after awhile.

You tune out the crowd and talk to Gators.

PokerSteve likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

Nope. Money Matt is automatic. You didn't know. He kicks 100%. I can go get another beer when Matt lines up to kick because he never misses. 

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It doesn't make any ******* sense though. Am I the only one that remembers 2009 when Bryant was signed and only made 7 of 10 field goals and everyone called for the Falcons to draft a kicker? Am I the only one that remembers 2 or 3 years ago when Bryant missed a couple short easy field goals in the early part of the season and everyone said he was done and washed up? This fan base is so fickle!! Worst thing about Atlanta sports fans is how quickly they turn on the hometown players when they have a bad game or two. It's absolutely ridiculous and pisses me off to no end.

He had a bad 2015 season because he was injured. Him and his wife claim he is healthy and ready to play. If Blair Walsh looked like he did in 2012 I'd rather take the young kicker but it looks like we got to go with the proven veteran. If Matt Bryant gets injured we can get someone else that isn't terrible by the next game like last year.

49 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

May the best kicker be here this season. Don’t care who it is. Just the best one 

What if they both stink...lol

They probably feel confident enough in the offense that we won't need 50 yard field goals. Hopefully we are kicking lots of extra points. 

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, we might have to and we DID last year. :shrug:

I've done explained that.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes they did, but with all the injuries and guys on IR they were able to. Can't do that this year with how loaded the Falcons are on the defensive side of the ball. Falcons are in a position for the first time in my entire lifetime where they are going to be forced to cut some really good football players on the defensive side of the ball because they don't have room to keep them all. We can't justify carrying 2 kickers in this situation.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Carney, Morten Anderson, Gary Anderson, Vinatieri & Blanda were all late 40’s.  Blanda may have been 50

And if you remember correctly Mort couldn't attempt anything over 40 yards because he didn't have the leg to make those anymore.