E. T.

Whitesox vs Braves

257 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Hey I'll take it. Fried's line won't show it, but he was very good tonight. Greene keeps looking good, and Luke has been VERY good in August minus tonight. His August line: 13.1 IP, 12 H, 2 ER, 5 BB, 18 K (1.35 ERA)

Tonight wasn't his best because of the homer, but he's been great recently. 

idk if you saw the inning but he really only threw 1 bad pitch, everything else was located well and had good stuff.

K26dp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Just found an interesting stat. Record against teams  playing .500 or better ball.

Braves are an mlb best at 44-34

Dodgers are 41-28

Nats are 34-38

Interesting the phils are 40-38

Dodgers winning percentage is better than the Braves but I'm kinda surprised the Braves have the most wins against teams over .500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swarzak has an ERA over 9 during the last month. He could be released when O'Day is activated, he'll need a roster spot. The Braves have also added a couple of veteran arms to AAA as insurance. Swarzak had an incredible run but he hasnt been the same since the injury.

jeffro2000 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The Dodgers lost again.

The Braves are now as far back from 1st place in NL as the gnats are from first place in the east.

The dodgers are looking a bit shaky lately

We took their mojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Swarzak has an ERA over 9 during the last month. He could be released when O'Day is activated, he'll need a roster spot. The Braves have also added a couple of veteran arms to AAA as insurance. Swarzak had an incredible run but he hasnt been the same since the injury.

Or since his wife made that stupid tweet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Braves win tonight it will be their 19th win in August. So they'll just barely miss getting to 20 wins in a month for the 2nd time this year. Just looking at the Braves win splits, my favorite numbers are the home/road splits. Braves are 40-27 at home and 42-27 on the road. That's the kind of great consistency I like to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The legend of Weeds is spreading. Not only do I start correcting all friends calling him Flowers and have them calling him Weeds, I also told my father in law about him and he cracked up for about 10 minutes and even called him weeds after his 2nd passed ball.

Good work AFMB

Drew4719 and capologist like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The legend of Weeds is spreading. Not only do I start correcting all friends calling him Flowers and have them calling him Weeds, I also told my father in law about him and he cracked up for about 10 minutes and even called him weeds after his 2nd passed ball.

Good work AFMB

That man is carrying us right now. Hes 5 for his last 11. Hitting .400 over the last 10.

Drew4719 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

That man is carrying us right now. Hes 5 for his last 11. Hitting .400 over the last 10.

Until he learns the catch hes weeds... the tough love gives him power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCann, Camargo and Sobotka expected to be added tomorrow. Riley and the SP prospects are expected to remain with Gwinnett, gives them some feel of playoff experience. Duvall has to wait the minimum 10 day stay so hes not eligible to return for 5 more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Acuna's was great and on to being MVP favorites, then Snit decide to publicly humiliate him for everyone to see. Acuna's been struggling ever since. Is this a cause and effect?

Edited by vietlanta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

Acuna's was great and on to being MVP favorites, then Snit decide to publicly humiliate him for everyone to see. Acuna's been struggling ever since. Is this a cause and effect?

No

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

Acuna's was great and on to being MVP favorites, then Snit decide to publicly humiliate him for everyone to see. Acuna's been struggling ever since. Is this a cause and effect?

Publicly humiliate?

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now